• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This game needs a replay feature to help understand what happened after a game. I was middle of the pack with an unexceptional blend of brawn , warriors and ferals, and one of the other guys had full primordial plus crystal maiden. He destroyed me each time we fought, but I was holding my own against everyone else, so I thought "ok, I can aim for second place". Final game, just him and me, he beats me on my board, I have a little HP left, and... I win. Somehow my units win on his boards, and he must have lost much more HP to the other players without me noticing... But yeah, it feels a bit underwhelming to win without knowing why.
My best bet would be Sand King with blink dagger immediately targeting his AW by chance while not being targeted, then him rushing through his back line stunning everyone at the perfect angle. Blink Sand King has been surprisingly handy when I don't get anything better.
Games will definitely need replay so people can study what they did right/wrong

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like assassin's need to be reworked from a 3-6-9 to a 2-4-6
Just make it be 2 - 200% 4- 300% and 6 - 400%

There is no reason to ever get a 9 stack of assassins rolling nor is there a benefit to doing so. Chances are if you're rushing full assassins your mid-game is going to be an absolute disaster anyway and the pay off for getting 9 isn't even worth it.

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
Having a hard time this patch. Sank down to smuggler 1 from smuggler 5 last week. I havent gotten on the upper half since. Either my strats were severely nerfed or goddamn I'm having an unlucky streak today. From getting 4 to 5 3* units last week to barely getting a single(!) 2* unit by round 10.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Having a hard time this patch. Sank down to smuggler 1 from smuggler 5 last week. I havent gotten on the upper half since. Either my strats were severely nerfed or goddamn I'm having an unlucky streak today. From getting 4 to 5 3* units last week to barely getting a single(!) 2* unit by round 10.
Yeah you cannot play the same as before.
After the next patch might even be different again

Radec

Oct 26, 2017

Try to pick most heroes in your pool in rounds 1-10 until you get some 2 stars or some good synergies. Just don't reroll as those are waste of gold early.

I believe this meta is fast or early-mid game focus. So the fastest you get multiple 2 stars the better you'll be in mid-game.

Also primordials.

Bisonian

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like assassin's need to be reworked from a 3-6-9 to a 2-4-6
Just make it be 2 - 200% 4- 300% and 6 - 400%

There is no reason to ever get a 9 stack of assassins rolling nor is there a benefit to doing so. Chances are if you're rushing full assassins your mid-game is going to be an absolute disaster anyway and the pay off for getting 9 isn't even worth it.

I played a game this morning where I actually had a decent assassin build rolling. Got a few two stars early, snowballed it into a 6 assassin 2 druid build. Was way out in front for most of the game. Ended up with a 9 assassin + tide hunter build. Every unit was at least 2 *, a couple assassins were 3 *.

It had no chance. There were two mage builds on the board and once the death ball hit critical mass my army just exploded into bits. Not nearly as upgraded units but it didn't matter. Two scaled units with the Tide Hunter and it didn't matter. We're still in the age of mages + warlocks death ball, and now that you can add primordials in there it's almost even worse.

This patch has been extremely frustrating for all sorts of reasons. Primordials. Zoo builds. Mages everywhere. Actually pining for the days of an "old fashioned" (like a week ago!) knights and dragons build.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
I wish there was a Troll Assassin or Sniper was an Scrappy Assasin
A troll assassin would be great to see, I could easily see a Troll/Shaman/Assassin/Elusive setup being very lucrative. A bit too lucrative which is why it likely hasn't happened yet. As for Sniper being an assassin, there is a certain...aesthetic to assassins so far and it feels like a unit which doesn't have that sinister aura to it for the alliance to be assigned to it.
Deadeye alliance needs to be reworked or tossed, who fucking uses it?
No one. Sniper is used with the scrappy strat, but even then its hard to justify its uee even then. Theoretically it exists because of Gyrocopter, but its far too lacking to even exist. Demons for example don't have a global item because of how good a bonus they get with Demon Hunters and their global item, but deadeye having none is just weird.

Deleted member 28523

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
6 assassins is really good now. I don't understand the complaints. 9 assassins is always going to be bad. Just like 9 warriors or 9 elusive will always be bad. You have to diversify your portfolio.

Morphling and Phantom Assassin got huge buffs. QoP is still insane. Slark, Bounty, Sand King fill out the rest of the roster. That's a real good lineup of heros.

but yes I want new heros. gimme Wraith King. I want an army of skeletons.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Pffft, think I'll try to take a break until the next patch. Though I'll probably be playing few matches anyway, but atleast trying to tone it down a bit. Should probably start up Prey, or continue Tyranny. What protopass level are people on? Just got 12 myself.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We'll be releasing an update early next week
I gotta read these tweets more carefully
373111528062189568.png

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Just had a game where a guy won with 6 units vs everyone's 9. Lvl 3 Antimagi, terrorblade, chaos knight, Shadow Fiend and two other non lvl 3 units. New patch let's you gamble hard and win.

Jyrii

Oct 27, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
I feel like I don't ever get any same faction units unless I play warriors (guess partly because there are so many of them). Really pushes me away from using any other units, unless I get a really got first loot round picks.

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
Can someone explain vicious intent to me? What does it actually do?

Lets say enemy have 2 heroes that are 1 star and you lose,

Without VI, you take 3 (2 for heroes, 1 for round*) damage.

If enemy has VI, you take 3 +2 (his remaining units) = 5

It also count summons so those veno wards/treants/wolves/etc. count aswell.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How often should one reroll? Once per round? Three times?

At times, I feel like I spend way too much on it.
only when necessary, you often will not get what you want

I want to Yo and Ow! :(

e:
how do I do emoji
post in discord copy paste image 😥

Wait, having two Global Items add up? I'm staring at the Primordial one.
yep

Deleted member 28523

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
todays the day. the update. tomorrow's would be midweek and not early in the week. if there is one thing valve is known for it's being on time.

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
Gotta abuse this until the nerf hammer hits.

AW Blink + AW Force staff is crazy. Don't know what's going on most of the time until you see enemies dissappearing lol

aQz50Ll.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
The problem with Dota Underlords is that it just got me playing Dota 2 again. Like, a lot. Haven't even touched Underlords in like three weeks now lmao.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The problem with Dota Underlords is that it just got me playing Dota 2 again. Like, a lot. Haven't even touched Underlords in like three weeks now lmao.
(Translator's note: Keikaku means plan)"
373111528062189568.png

Just According to Keikaku

The thing I really liked about Autochess was that it would have all the best cosmetics. It's like watching a pro Dota match.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
I screwed up and went for a heartless build turning humans into heartless, but I was also running 3* Mages and Primordials in this game. Armor reduction while running mages is pointless and I realized this too late.

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017
how do you guys consistently win with primordials if everyone else is going primordial?

03DE0333C2026651D54549D608202133C6340CE9

this is my hell
i finished last

Status
Not open for further replies.