• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GSR

Oct 25, 2017

That's the game's third anniversary, so I imagine this is the global date. A physical release is also confirmed.

All physical copies will come with a story booklet, and Fangamer JP will have a Switch collector's edition as well.

You can check this PDF from the official article for more details.

Here are the prices:

Regular retail version ¥4,000 (¥4,320 with tax)
Collector's Edition ¥8,800 (¥9,504 with tax)
Download edition ¥1,500 (¥1,620 with tax)

Edit: edition details.

Regular retail version comes with a 24-page illustrated story booklet by Temmie Chang.

Collector's edition comes with:

- 2-CD OST (over 100 tracks)
- Commentary with Toby Fox and sheet music booklet (Japanese edition, 6 tracks)
- Gold-coated brass musical locket (14-carats)
- 1 of 6 dog lucky paper slip (random) - only available until 2018.12.31
- 1 of 3 microfiber cloth (random)

Last edited:

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, it's coming soon! Will definitely triple-dip.

Glad to see Toby finally realize his dream of having his game on a Nintendo console. And what a deserving game.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Nice! Definitely buying a physical version! Hopefully it gets an awesome CE!

EDIT: It is getting a CE! Here's a small pic of it! From Fangamer.
00001226_10.jpg

Axisofweevils

Oct 25, 2017
http://www.japanesenintendo.com/post/176502078339

Famitsu have reported that UNDERTALE will release for Nintendo Switch in Japan on 15 September 2018 including a regular retail version (¥4,320), Collector's Edition (¥9,504) and digital version (¥1,620). Hachinoyon will be publishing the regular version and Fangame Japan the Collector's Edition.

Both physical versions will come with a 24 page booklet. The Collector's Edition will also come with a 2CD Soundtrack, Toby Fox commentary, 14 carat gold coated music box pendant, bookmark (random one of six) and cloth (random one of three). More pictures added below…

Musouka

Dec 31, 2017
You can check this PDF from the official article for more details.

Here are the prices:

Regular retail version ¥4,000 (¥4,320 with tax)
Collector's Edition ¥8,800 (¥9,504 with tax)
Download edition ¥1,500 (¥1,620 with tax)

Edit: edition details.

Regular retail version comes with a 24-page illustrated story booklet by Temmie Chang.

Collector's edition comes with:

- 2-CD OST (over 100 tracks)
- Commentary with Toby Fox and sheet music booklet (Japanese edition, 6 tracks)
- Gold-coated brass musical locket (14-carats)
- 1 of 6 dog lucky paper slip (random) - only available until 2018.12.31
- 1 of 3 microfiber cloth (random)

Last edited:

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
I'm going all physical when possible on Switch, but that's quite a discount you get from going digital this time.

Bjoern

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I'm gonna get the physical edition no doubt.
If the Collector's Edition is basically the same as the one for PS4 I won't get that one though. One is enough.

Can't wait for Undertale on Switch!

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
Just thinking about this earlier, never played Undertale before but I am excited to buy this day 1!

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
The west will clearly get the same treatment (I hope). Would I really buy the same collectors edition AGAIN though? I'm a damn fool for this game.

bequietdrive

Dec 21, 2017
LE looks glorious.

I wonder if it'll launch on the eShop ahead of its physical release..

Was the game available in Japan previously?

Last edited:

Genetrik

Oct 27, 2017
I never finished it on the PC but I read that there is a section that may be impossible to do on consoles??? Did that turn out to be true? Spoiler free please.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I never finished it on the PC but I read that there is a section that may be impossible to do on consoles??? Did that turn out to be true? Spoiler free please.

Not impossible as much as changed. It's not quite as effective on the Sony consoles (and presumably the same method will work here) but it's passable.

I think the concern was more if Toby Fox would allow a alternative like he did as he seemed to be rather protective of the game. It seems like getting the game to Japan was what pushed him over the edge into porting to consoles.

Mark H

Oct 27, 2017
Oh man, it's coming right after Xenoblade2 DLC.
I'm gonna have to somehow squeeze enough time to play these 2 gems.

Genetrik

Oct 27, 2017
Not impossible as much as changed. It's not quite as effective on the Sony consoles (and presumably the same method will work here) but it's passable.

I think the concern was more if Toby Fox would allow a alternative like he did as he seemed to be rather protective of the game. It seems like getting the game to Japan was what pushed him over the edge into porting to consoles.

Thanks! Eager to find out one day what that scene was all about.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Preordered the regular edition on amazon.jp !
Already got the game on steam, the collector's edition on ps4, so it will be my 3rd Undertale. Really really love the game, and it's cheap. And it'll be cool to have the game in a japanese edition. Will be my first non-japanese game I'll have in japanese edition lol.

Nov 1, 2017

If possible, I'd highly recommended PC over console for Undertale. Some of the major moments lose a bit of their effectiveness on PS4 (and most likely Nintendo Switch).

MAJOR END-GAME SPOILERS

On PC, one of the major bosses intentionally crashes your game. On console, the screen simply goes black, the boss makes a comment, and the game reloads your previous save. It's an understandable compromise, but it does lose some of its impact.

On PC, the game will also manipulate the Window itself from time to time. On console, the game is always Full Screen.

Last edited:

Mr. Sam

Oct 26, 2017
The collector's edition looks neat but I honestly don't think I have room for it. Hopefully I can just get the digital version come September.