• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017

The first Unexplored was one of my favorite indie gems of the last few years. It felt like a spiritual successor to Brogue, melding that game's accessible approach to the classic roguelike with a brilliant dungeon generation system and methodical real-time combat.

This sequel looks to take those elements into a larger setting, with a more vibrant aesthetic and more systems atop the original's combat and exploration

Currently has an Early Access crowdfunding going on through FIG:

Explore beautiful landscapes and discover hidden marvels. Encounter magical creatures and dangerous foes. Make brave choices and put your faith in good fortune. Featuring a unique legacy system, advanced procedural generation technology, and rich, generative storytelling, Unexplored 2: The Wayfarer's Legacy is an adventure like no other.

ss_bbe16e9717ac2c25725e5432a9f7e3b141dcf771.1920x1080.jpg

ss_0046a59d20fe05a175d0b88893316734974e8669.1920x1080.jpg

ss_350750ef477e99414919013edb3222c1e09e4dbb.1920x1080.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
Stoked they are getting to make another one. The first had some really cool ideas. I hope they manage to create a control scheme and interface that gels better with gamepads because that was the biggest problem with the first game.

JoyFreak

Banned
Apr 10, 2019
UK
Looks so good! I am looking forward to this one after enjoying playing the first one. Some great screenshots!

Shogun

Oct 27, 2017
Looks great and I wanted to back them on Fig but the answer about platforms stinks of another EGS load of shit.

Nicolas Rage

Jul 25, 2018
We've had some further updates from the devs on how maps are generated, there's a fantastic blog post here that details all the inner workings of creation!

D_CPL39XkAALINY.jpg

Looks great and I wanted to back them on Fig but the answer about platforms stinks of another EGS load of shit.
What were your concerns with FIG, if you don't mind me asking?

Shogun

Oct 27, 2017
We've had some further updates from the devs on how maps are generated, there's a fantastic blog post here that details all the inner workings of creation!

D_CPL39XkAALINY.jpg

What were your concerns with FIG, if you don't mind me asking?

I've got no problems with using Fig and I think the way you guys have been open on Discord with the backers is great. I just don't want to support another game that could end up being bought out under the guise of competition.

Wish you guys the best of luck, the game looks amazing so far and I'll pick it up day one if it's not a bought exclusive.

Nicolas Rage

Jul 25, 2018
I've got no problems with using Fig and I think the way you guys have been open on Discord with the backers is great. I just don't want to support another game that could end up being bought out under the guise of competition.

Wish you guys the best of luck, the game looks amazing so far and I'll pick it up day one if it's not a bought exclusive.
That's fair enough man - the feedback is much appreciated!

FuzzyWuzzy

Prophet of Truth
Apr 7, 2019
Austria
Damn it looks good. Though the platform answer reeks of EGS and with that I am out.
Hope the game succeeds though, it looks gorgeous

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
it looks really good...but damn name though...

i thought it's some sort of uncharted knockoff based on that name at first glance of the thread title..

Nicolas Rage

Jul 25, 2018
very interesting art style.
Indeed it is! There's a lot of footage coming out from the Alpha that's being posted on the official Twitter page, it shows off the art styling fantastically.
This game is gorgeous.
Heck yes 😀! The devs just uploaded a slow mo video to YT that highlights a lot of the different environments - check it out here.
Congrats to the devs, the game looks incredibile.
I hope It plays the same!
Glad to hear you like the look of it! ☺

Nicolas Rage

Jul 25, 2018
The official Unexplored account just hit 1K followers over on Twitter - go show some love!

With content streaming in, it's the best place to get your Unexplored 2 fix!

Check out the latest tweet here.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
They posted the landmasses today on Twitter and it was the straw to break the camel's back. Loved the first and have it on steam and Switch so I finally paid to try this out. Haven't gotten the discord server invite or game code yet. What do? It's been a few hours since I paid and hit sync for discord on Fig and it said I should have the discord server added soon. I'm not too savvy with discord, so I could be missing something.

Nicolas Rage

Jul 25, 2018
They posted the landmasses today on Twitter and it was the straw to break the camel's back. Loved the first and have it on steam and Switch so I finally paid to try this out. Haven't gotten the discord server invite or game code yet. What do? It's been a few hours since I paid and hit sync for discord on Fig and it said I should have the discord server added soon. I'm not too savvy with discord, so I could be missing something.
It's a little buggy! If you join the Discord here - www.discord.gg/BigSugar I'm Nicolas Rage on there too, ping me a DM and I'll be able to help out :D

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
I got it sorted! Played a bit, but I think my laptop is underpowered.

Finally got internet set up in my new place so I'm gonna try on my desktop tonight!

Dunno if y'all want feedback here or in discord, but I have a few first-blush thoughts after playing about 4 hours so far (as someone that put a few dozen hours into the first).

Nicolas Rage

Jul 25, 2018
I got it sorted! Played a bit, but I think my laptop is underpowered.

Finally got internet set up in my new place so I'm gonna try on my desktop tonight!

Dunno if y'all want feedback here or in discord, but I have a few first-blush thoughts after playing about 4 hours so far (as someone that put a few dozen hours into the first).
Sorry for the delayed response Unicorn, for some reason I missed the notification!

Either here or the Discord is fine, whatever works best with you!

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Been playing the latest build and a lot of what I was gonna say has been addressed. Gonna put some more time in to get some different thoughts, but I don't like being locked into an area due to enemies being present and seeing me. Why can't I leave, but it just increases those passive meters so I have to deal with them as if that meter is filled and they show up in all other areas? Maybe I need to go to the opposite exit gate to start "losing" them. Or into a cave?

Also I haven't been able to interact with any caves with the staff. They are pure pitch black and the staff doesn't do anything when I try to use it for light.

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
I tried to make myself forget this game exists so I wouldn't have an agonizing wait. I hope the full release isn't too far off.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
So this is out now as 1.0 and also on steam now. Figure this is as good as an OT now?

Been playing a lot this past week and after cranking it to easy with all easy modifiers activated its a very engaging exploration game. Been just roaming bartering and gaining gabor with the nearby clans, hoping to get some new "classes" on subsequent 'lives.'

While it isn't too varied in what you're actually doing moment to moment, it does give me Caves of Qud vibes of exploring a massive exotic realm. Wish I could merge the two so badly.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
0d85dbbbfb71445485c1e410ba8bdc68907f6776.png

Exciting to get confirmation about continued support and updates!