• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Jan 27, 2019
Fuck off
Every so often you come across an NPC in a game, who is basically harmless but something about them is creepy, their behaviour, their looks or where they are. Post those characters in this thread, ERA.

My entry is this man in Shenmue III, his skin looks deathly pale compared to the other people and that looks like blood on his clothes. In gameplay he runs a shop selling medicine and is friendly, but he creeps me out.
6lOa92r.jpg

Last edited:

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
latest

I still think Zelda is a low key horror series

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Teleporting Watson, anybody? Apparently turned into an intentionally creepy thing in later games.

60fps

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
Yeah, Bravely Default II. Not just NPCs but characters in general... :(

I even made a topic about it.
www.resetera.com

Bravely Default II’s uncanny, dead-eyed puppet characters are giving me the creeps

The general art style looks fine to me but these lifelessly staring characters are unpleasant to look at. I think it’s a combination of their eyes filled with nothing but emptiness and sorrow, the overall somewhat realistic marionette-like look and the lighting. Imagine playing this game alone...

The Easter Bunny from
Animal Crossing springs to mind
Holy hell, yes! It looks exactly like the Silent Hill bunny.

latest

I still think Zelda is a low key horror series
I think this is intentional.

DaleCooper

Oct 27, 2017
Any Bethesda open world game has an abundance of creepy NPCs. Even The Outer Worlds is continuing the tradition.

BobbeMalle

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
The whole Lara Croft's mansion is creepy as hell, i remember being scared of exploring that house. And i'm not even mentioning the f*cking butler. Locking him in the fridge was always the first thing i did.

Gloam

Oct 29, 2017
Give it up for the king EDIT Beaten, some of you guys are as fast as Watson

Uncle at Nintendo

▲ Legend ▲
Jan 3, 2018

Macaco5

Jan 2, 2018
The whole Lara Croft's mansion is creepy as hell, i remember being scared of exploring that house. And i'm not even mentioning the f*cking butler. Locking him in the fridge was always the first thing i did.

I completely agree. Makes me think there was a missed opportunity there. They should have snuck in a ghost or demon that only appeared briefly and randomly but could hurt (maybe not kill) you if you got close. But you would get a reward if you beat it.

Actually I can see this as an absolutely valid VR experience for the current gen. I would pay for that. Defo.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Beedle in Breath of the Wild (and to a lesser extent Skyward Sword)

The beetle obsession is... unsettling. He can basically teleport all over Hyrule. And he has a totally different personality on his tiny personal sky island in Skyward Sword.

He's alright in Wind Waker though.