• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
Lv0D.gif

There seriously is a simpson's gif for everything...

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Let's see how Trump gets out of this one, blame time. Reparations if he has learned that word but I'm sure someone will tell him.

DJ88

Oct 26, 2017
Despite most of these numbers being totally reliant on the amount of testing. The 2 far right columns are more accurate metrics.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Show me where I lied. I said 400 people since yesterday, as in Wednesday 12:01am on the east coast, to now (Thursday) at 5:20pm.
Nowhere did I say 400 people died in 24 hours. Yesterday was the word I used.
Since yesterday has typically meant since yesterday (at least here) is all, as in the day since that last day. That's why I took it to mean the past 24hrs not 'since yesterday including yesterday'. Was only speaking to the importance of being clear with the data and language we use at this time as I feel it could be read that there have been 400+ deaths today.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And your president still is against a lockdown. A lot of people (innocents as well) will now pay for the mistakes made in 2016. Good luck to all, you'll need it.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I'm waiting to see how this is somehow spun towards being Obama, the media, and the Dem's fault.

Typhonsentra

Oct 27, 2017
sure, if you actually believe the numbers provided by China.
LOL, as if the numbers the US is reporting is even remotely accurate. Both me and my brother have symptoms but when we contact the Tricare Nurse Hotline they told both of us that tests are only for those requiring hospitalization, traveled to a hot spot over the preceding 2 weeks, or came in contact with another diagnosed case. In much of the country, it is virtually impossible to get tested.

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
I said a couple of weeks ago that the US will probably be the worst hit in the West because of Trump. Blood will be on his hands.

Micerider

Nov 11, 2017
Despite most of these numbers being totally reliant on the amount of testing. The 2 far right columns are more accurate metrics.

Testing everyone is impossible, for any country. We in Belgium just managed to get a new testing method to move from 2k tests per day to 10k (for a country of 11 millions) and even that means that it would take years to test everyone. Not gonna happen. By all accounts, cases in the wild are much higher than reported, but yes death should be accurate, and the US death toll is not reassuring seeing how early they are in the pandemic unfortunately.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Is this because we didn't test enough in the beginning or was this always going to happen regardless. It doesn't seem like something so easily contained.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
United States of America is #1

I definitely don't need to read any further than this and I can safely log off for the rest of the day.

There are some seriously scary times ahead and I wish America would come together to fight together instead of the crappy piecemeal state by state plan.
Interstate travel and public transit (bus, train, airplane, etc.) need to be suspended.

Free movement is great in normal times, but the virus has been carried to every corner of the country by people traveling (both abroad and domestically).

Some states are doing a fair job of trying to restrict movement and interaction, but it's far too little for the scale of this crisis and isn't being reliably enforced.

Things are going to get really bad.

Is this because we didn't test enough in the beginning or was this always going to happen regardless. It doesn't seem like something so easily contained.
Without instituting national restrictions and making preparations (we've known about this since December), this outcome was inevitable.

And this is just the start.

metalgear89

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Even Boris Johnson doesn't go as far as trump. If you look at johnson every time he does his daily updates on the virus you can see genuine fear in his eyes, whilst trump treats it as another session just to show off and show how tough and better america is than the world. It's pathetic and will make america one of the worst hit by the virus.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Shoutout to all the grandmas and grandpas out here dyin for us

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
There's no other way to put this: This is conservative politics and capitalism showing that ultimately all it's good for is destroying a nation. The only way to avoid even a fraction of this crisis happening again in the future is to restructure US politics around legislation and politicians that are the exact opposite of the GOP and Trump. Under GOP control, the US can only continue to embarrass itself on the world stage and pretend it's succeeding while it slowly sinks into molten lava. I can only hope that on the other side of this crisis we've killed and buried the ideals of corporate worship, flaccid strongman bs, and/or American exceptionalism. America isn't invincible and can indeed crumble and its death will consistently be due to rewarding and granting power and privilige to selfish idiots concerened about their own bank accounts and inflated egos more than scientific evidence & the lives and livelihoods of actual average people who truly make the gears of the nation turn.

Gandie

Oct 27, 2017

Germany's death numbers are extremely suspicious. AFAIK, they are not counting the elderly or people with previous illnesses. Or people who die at home. They only count people who die in hospitals. That's why they are so low.

what kind of misinformation are you spreading? Total bs, we have a lower death rate because we've been testing like crazy and our hospitals haven't been overwhelmed yet. In fact we can accommodate several dozen icu patients from Alsace and Italy.

Pumpkins

Feb 16, 2020
Trump: "I just got news that we are OFFICIALLY NUMBER 1. Congratulations AMERICA! A tremendous effort by all."

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
This could have been completely avoided. You had examples with Italy and Spain about how fast this thing spreads if you don't apply social restrictions fast enough.

I'm sorry you have to deal with this because your administration is just a bunch of apes from 40 million years-ago brain.

KillerMan91

Oct 25, 2017
Testing everyone is impossible, for any country. We in Belgium just managed to get a new testing method to move from 2k tests per day to 10k (for a country of 11 millions) and even that means that it would take years to test everyone. Not gonna happen. By all accounts, cases in the wild are much higher than reported, but yes death should be accurate, and the US death toll is not reassuring seeing how early they are in the pandemic unfortunately.

Yeah. As most cases are mild and can be confused with regular flu I don't see how everybody could be tested. You would need to test like 20% of the population every week (people with some flu symptoms). That is obviously impossible.

Jaychrome91

Nov 4, 2018
So pretty much the old will die so the young can get back to work. Great job trump, we know old people don't matter. Sigh.