• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

N00MKRAD

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
wBIvCfl.jpg

(Running at 70 fps on a GTX 1060 here)

So, a while ago, Unity uploaded a video of a real-time tech demo, showcasing mainly upcoming features like the HD Rendering Pipeline.

Right now, the video has well over 1 million views, and today, about 5 months after the upload, they released the entire project (2.4 GB compressed, by the way) on the Unity Asset Store for free.

All the Unity devs here can check it out themselves, if you don't want to import it or just want to see the build performance, I made an executable!

Download it here.

Poison Jam

Nov 6, 2017
What's the exe like? Is it an interactive video like Adam, or a playable walking-simulator thingy?

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
This is so gorgeous! They did some weird design choices when it comes to the playable demo but still. Thanks for sharing the Exe OP!

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
Great tech demo. Very impressive usage of depth of field and bokeh effect.

Even though I think that the Adam Unity tech demo was more impressive. Stunning image quality.
  • 4K, ~45FPS
  • Ryzen 2700X
  • Nvidia 1080Ti
  • 16GB RAM
htpouk.gif

Amauri14

Oct 27, 2017
Danbury, CT, USA
Downloading it now will test it later.

Edit:

Tested the demo, it runs really smooth mostly averaging at 70FPS at 1080p on my PC.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
The demo looks very good and runs surprisingly well. But as far as real-time forests go, I haven't seen anything like Kingdom Come: Deliverance yet.

GMM

Oct 27, 2017
Very nice little demo, the high definition rendering pipeline is a big step in the right direction for Unity, but it will take quite some time before it's really production really and has good support from third party tools like Amplify Shader. I might consider using Unity again when they get there with the rendering pipeline, nested prefabs and overall better content pipeline, it's still far from the quality of Unreal in terms of how well the IDE is designed.

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone added the SteamVR plugin to it, yet? I'm tempted to do it just to see how badly it chokes my system.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
So they didn't release a playable build on the store? Sad.

Thanks OP for doing this.

I hope they will release the playable demo on PS4 Pro. I tweeted them but they didn't respond sadly.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
Neat demo, thanks OP. One of the rare things that won't maintain 60fps 1080p on my 1070.

So they didn't release a playable build on the store? Sad.

This appears to only have a fraction of the stuff they teased months ago, and they said the demo was coming out late this year if I recall correctly.

I assume & hope a more robust demo experience is coming in the future.