• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
i just want the question settled once and for all, who is more powerful between nero and dante at maximum power

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
I think that there was stated that Nero has more brute force than Dante in DMC4, but Dante is way more skilled and that makes him a better warrior.
That would make nero have power enough to shatter continents since the anime is now canon and that's what DT anime Dante tops off at.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
i just want the question settled once and for all, who is more powerful between nero and dante at maximum power

Demon blood is like homeopathy; the more you dilute it the stronger it gets. Half demon Dante? Pretty good. Quarter demon Nero? Getting better. Nero's great great great great grandson at 1/256th demon? Now you're pulling my Devil Trigger.

Playsage

Oct 25, 2017
Dante is getting his 3rd power up, while poor Nero got nerfed at the start of this game...

Also, no Kyrie to save to give him a "Power of Love" boost this time

Oh gawd...

MediocreVariableCoati-small.gif

As I consider my reputation ruined a long time ago, let me link to my summary based on the known cutscenes so far in the previous leak thread.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/devil-may-cry-5-leaks-thread-unofficial-reveals-posted-here-update-v-design-leaks-more.63489/post-17707053

I think that there was stated that Nero has more brute force than Dante in DMC4, but Dante is way more skilled and that makes him a better warrior.
Yeah, that was in the dreadful DMC4 novel.

But that doesn't matter, Vergil's having both for breakfest.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I'd still assume it's Dante.

Gotta remember that Dante hasn't been serious once since DMC2 and that now takes place before DMC4, so he is waaaaaaaay more powerful than he actually appears to be in DMC4. We just haven't seen him need to go all out yet, which DMC5 seems to finally force him to do going by those trailers.

Striferser

Oct 28, 2017
Nero new devil bringer is the hypest shit
It has all devil breaker abilities that you can change using d-pad. Using devil trigger will unlock additional move just like in previous series. This also unlock new abilities where you can dual wiel red queen and yamato, though in exchange, you can't use blue rose and fire sword projectile instead.

The power up version of each move is still available, now they go into cooldown after you use it. Though, you can refresh the cooldown by using devil trigger.

Punchline abilities have the biggest change in animation while using devil bringer. Instead of riding it as a airboard, Nero glide and carried by the spirit behind him

Devil bringer unfortunately can only be used in regular playthrough after you finish DMD, which is understandable due to the OP nature of said ability

Really, my only complaint is the whole thing that i wrote is simply my wishlisht for the game. Man, imagine if what i wrote is true. Can't wait for the new game to launch

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
It has all devil breaker abilities that you can change using d-pad. Using devil trigger will unlock additional move just like in previous series. This also unlock new abilities where you can dual wiel red queen and yamato, though in exchange, you can't use blue rose and fire sword projectile instead.

The power up version of each move is still available, now they go into cooldown after you use it. Though, you can refresh the cooldown by using devil trigger.

Punchline abilities have the biggest change in animation while using devil bringer. Instead of riding it as a airboard, Nero glide and carried by the spirit behind him

Devil bringer unfortunately can only be used in regular playthrough after you finish DMD, which is understandable due to the OP nature of said ability

Really, my only complaint is the whole thing that i wrote is simply my wishlisht for the game. Man, imagine if what i wrote is true. Can't wait for the new game to launch
Where are you getting this info?

EDIT: gooddd damn it

Wing Scarab

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I have the deluxe version on preorder and I honestly can't wait for it. I'll have to play it on my 11 year old LCD screen because my new TV isn't working, but dammit I can't wait.

PARAdoja

Oct 27, 2017
Demon blood is like homeopathy; the more you dilute it the stronger it gets. Half demon Dante? Pretty good. Quarter demon Nero? Getting better. Nero's great great great great grandson at 1/256th demon? Now you're pulling my Devil Trigger.

It's Dragon Ball power levels, basically. Goku was strong, Gohan stronger and then Goten got SSJ at three years old or something.

It has all devil breaker abilities that you can change using d-pad.

That would be weird, he would be detaching his demon flesh arm to ride it like punchline. Gross.

Last edited:

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit this is out next week. Fuck.

OP
OP
Dahbomb

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
First 52 pages of the DMC5 prequel novel are also out. There is actually a fair bit of DMC2 stuff in it.. probably more story in this than DMC2 in its entirety

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
I came into this thread with my eyes closed, I just need to know one thing...

Is Vergil playable at any given point? Because I'm pretty sure he's in the game either way.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
I came into this thread with my eyes closed, I just need to know one thing...

Is Vergil playable at any given point? Because I'm pretty sure he's in the game either way.
No actual spoilers are out yet. Probably not playable and he is in the game, idk if you watched trailers.

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
132 posts in a potential leak and spoiler thread with no leaks or spoilers ... but hey, we still learned something new.

Not that I'm complaining since we're only 11 days away.

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Don't know if it's already been known, but Everyeye.it preview of the game reports that there's a flashback depicting Eva's death at Mission 10.

source (in italian): https://www.everyeye.it/articoli/provato-devil-may-cry-5-tre-numero-perfetto-42831.html
Mission 10? That's early.
We know he goes to the ruins of the house, I expected he would havve a flashback there. Imagine there is still a dark area on the ground, where once Eva's blood tainted the floor...
blobsweats.png

Maybe it's some kind of dream then, after he is defeated by Urizen.
In the DMC3 manga Dante has a short nightmare of the attack as well. Shit always gets to me.

First 52 pages of the DMC5 prequel novel are also out. There is actually a fair bit of DMC2 stuff in it.. probably more story in this than DMC2 in its entirety
Wow, strange. I thought they would mostly tell about Nico, with Agnus being her dad and how she tracks down Nero, and then it would cover some of the early story (the loss of the arm and Dante being recruited by V.)
After they put 2 before 4 that is even more unexpected.
Hopefully someone translates it fast and gives a summary.

Btw: Nice move to release the prequel story for a worldwide release in japanese only. As if we don't want to know it too.

Nov 7, 2017

is this real??

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
Eagerly waiting for reports regarding total playtime for one single playthrough. The roumored 15 hours sounds to good to be true.
15 hours perfectly paced action with huge enemy variety and a lot of bosses would be crazy.

IMBCIT

Oct 27, 2017
Don't know where to post this but Matt Edwards posted unboxing of UK Deluxe Edition.

Why didn't we get a US release of this?