• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
SPOILER_unknown.png
p7caUxr.gif

I like how the model is so good that the face isn't breaking.

Delete all these cursed images!!111

I mean spending more than a day in the tree makes sense considering that V leaves to where Nero is, and then comes all the way back. Compared to all of that happening in only three hours lol.
The tree is not that huge, and they are waaaay faster later in the game then.
They use a helicopter to travel; V needs around 3 hours to get to Fortuna, sack Nero in and come back.
I really think it's a little mistake with the date there. :3

OP
OP
Dahbomb

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I don't even have to check a translator to know that "peso muerto" means dead weight LOL!

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
V9hrjE9.jpg

*Freeze-frame* Yup that's me. You're probably wondering how i got into this mess in the first place

Oct 25, 2017
Been running mission 13 with my friends and holy shit having all three characters in combat is wild.

If Bloody Palace doesn't have co-op then they really fucked up.

Oct 25, 2017
How do I coordinate the co-op stuff with friends? Is it possible?

Prioritise friends in the options. Start mission 13 and reset the checkpoint if you don't match up. Only took a few resets before we'd be in the same instance if we were unlucky. If any names don't appear after killing the first goat then jump further down until they do.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
oh my god

I just killed Vergil in the final fight by grabbing both him and his doppelganger at the same time and slamming their heads together. There are special Double Buster finisher animations!?

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Something insanely funny is that after thousands of people have died they play it up like its just a fun brotherly rivalry. Couldnt stop chuckling

i mean they never really treat it that horrifically except in the first few bits of 'everybody here gonna get eated by plants' and 'hold the line!'. After that it's pretty much finetime ruins adventures for like 10 hours.

just cos everyone got merced offscreen doesn't mean it matters much if the story doesn't bother showing you how it matters. Thats why i think lol forgiveness vergil is fine, because the story really doesn't care about making the mass murder of offscreen nobodys matter to the viewer

Oct 25, 2017
Feel like they got a bit too jokey with Virgil at the end, we just spent 90% of the game seeing thousands of people he killed(including children)
Tone just didn't work for me with that ending .

i mean they never really treat it that horrifically except in the first few bits of 'everybody here gonna get eated by plants' and 'hold the line!'. After that it's pretty much finetime ruins adventures for like 10 hours.

just cos everyone got merced offscreen doesn't mean it matters much if the story doesn't bother showing you how it matters. Thats why i think lol forgiveness vergil is fine, because the story really doesn't care about making the mass murder of offscreen nobodys matter to the viewer
You find bodies of children throughout the game throughout

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
I maybe will little bit bothered about Vergil if Vegeta and Fast & Furious franchise weren't already a thing, but both show me as long we have fun crew.. whatever.

Also I think you all little bit overboard about how Vergil is "forgiven" because huh he literally dive back to hell after 2 minute have a little talk.

V9hrjE9.jpg

*Freeze-frame* Yup that's me. You're probably wondering how i got into this mess in the first place
Jeeez, Devil May Cry 5 - creepy smiles the game.
Feel like they got a bit too jokey with Virgil at the end, we just spent 90% of the game seeing thousands of people he killed(including children)
Tone just didn't work for me with that ending .
Well, you could say he didn't plan it, when he split. It was Urizen running amok.
BUT... I can't stress enough how bad they treated Vergil in the game. And how bad Dante's interactions are regarding him.
Never not be salty.

Wonder who vergil banged
In the DMC4SE in his intro cutscene, there is a random woman who turns around when he passes. Everyone assumes she's the lucky one, who got to approach him for some naughty stuff ever since.
It's also possible, she's a whore. At least everyone in Fortuna suspects Nero to be the son of a prostitute, according to the light novel.

The other thing is, that Vergil's life circumstances are a little complicated at the moment. He was on the run ever since the attack on Eva. Mundus already send demons after him, he had to defeat. He was still a teenage boy when he traveled to Fortuna for a short time, just to have a quick look at it regarding Sparda. After that, the whole Arkham tower revive etc mess would start.
Hard to fit something more then "I was drunk and felt lonly" in there.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
I wonder how they calculate the stylish points, because holy fucking shit :

oWijNEF.jpg

that's just from two cheats, the one-hit kill and the one-hit triple SSS! No stylish multiplicator or anything...
Just one bullet to the head to this poor vergil, he's only human after all :3

idiana.gif

Illogical conversations episode 56.
During Dante vs Urizen after he ate the fruit.
"How are you so powerful?! You never lost anything!"
Yeah, because that is how power works. And sure, it's not like Dante didn't lost his mom too.
C'mon Verge, you were supposed to be the smart twin. :/

Eva's character report is super lame. Couldn't they at least put something nice into it? Some things Dante might remember about her? It reads pointless.
I'm also not the biggest fan of those skin revealing openings in her dress. Makes it look a bit too fancy for something casual to wear at home. (And we already have problematic treatmen of women in the game, so it comes with a bitter taste.)

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Illogical conversations episode 56.
During Dante vs Urizen after he ate the fruit.
"How are you so powerful?! You never lost anything!"
Yeah, because that is how power works. And sure, it's not like Dante didn't lost his mom too.
C'mon Verge, you were supposed to be the smart twin. :/

Eva's character report is super lame. Couldn't they at least put something nice into it? Some things Dante might remember about her? It reads pointless.
I'm also not the biggest fan of those skin revealing openings in her dress. Makes it look a bit too fancy for something casual to wear at home. (And we already have problematic treatmen of women in the game, so it comes with a bitter taste.)

I'm really not a fan of...I'm not sure if it's the original Japanese script, or the way it was translated. The voice actors are doing a good job, but a lot of the material doesn't feel like things actual people would say.

The Reports all being written from Nico's perspective was kind of an odd choice, too. She really doesn't know anybody very well, so having her as this weird not-authority on the DMC universe definitely held back the datalog from being as useful or insightful as it could've been.

Deleted member 671

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think at this point Vergil isn't all there because he's not only missing his human half, he's been half-dead and brain washed for 30 years. He seems a lot more with it after his "true" resurrection.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
It looks so different and even Vergil questions what form of Power it is

And we still do not know who or what happened to her

Maybe she is an angel or something lol to mock some DmC.
I think it looks different because:

A) Nero is only 1/4th demon unlike Dante and Vergil who are half demons.
B) Nero's DT is different cause it has awakened from his emotions and not because of a devil arm or a close to death situation (how Dante and Vergil activated their DTs)
C) Above is also the reason why Nero's DT is called "perfect" in the gallery.
D) And Lastly, I think it's just different cause Nero is simply a different person compared to Dante and Vergil. After all Dante and Vergil are identical twins so it makes sense for their DTs to look similar. I doubt every human/demon hybrid would have similar looking DTs to the twins of Sparda.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I think it looks different because:

A) Nero is only 1/4th demon unlike Dante and Vergil who are half demons.
B) Nero's DT is different cause it has awakened from his emotions and not because of a devil arm or a close to death situation (how Dante and Vergil activated their DTs)
C) Above is also the reason why Nero's DT is called "perfect" in the gallery.
D) And Lastly, I think it's just different cause Nero is simply a different person compared to Dante and Vergil. After all Dante and Vergil are identical twins so it makes sense for their DTs to look similar. I doubt every human/demon hybrid would have similar looking DTs to the twins of Sparda.

It is interesting to note that all three of the Sparda Boys have Summoned Swords as part of their demonic power-set, though. I guess that must've been Sparda's signature ability if all of his descendants inherited it.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Nice observation. I hadn't thought about that.

Yeah that could be a Sparda related ability.

I guess the question comes down to what Dante's specific power is, then. Vergil's whole shtick seems to be teleportation and dimensional stuff, and Nero's signature ability is the Stand arms. Dante doesn't really seem to have a specific "thing" in the same way the other two do. I guess you could argue he has the ability to turn demon souls into weapons, but Vergil does that in 3 with Beowulf.