• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Carbonox

Dec 13, 2017
DMC6 starring Vergil as you seek to keep Yamato away from Dante who wants to fuse with it to revive their dad. Dante becomes Sparda himself after eating that sword too, Dante becomes Vergil's dad and no longer feels awkward about hooking up with Trish.

The ultimate ending.

Oct 29, 2017
Hot take: I miss Rebellion. D:
Devil Sword Dante looks too weird for my taste, especially the claws at the handle. And I miss him carrying it around on his back instead of summoning it out of nothing.

I wondered about that one as well. The prequel novel made me think, the story about the tree is foretold in there. As if V was really reading about it in this book and knew about it from there.
On the other hand, they made clear, it is just a book of Blake poetry.
Now the question would be, if it's just a fitting poem Blake once wrote by accident or if they had in mind, Blake had known about demon stuff like that, but nobody never knew his poems had this truth in them.

Uou can just equip rebellion! Both rebellion and sparda are useable after you beat the game. I have rebellion on on of my loadouts, it's just too iconic

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Scorching hot take.

I want DMC6 to be Nero's game 100%. Have Dante be a post game unlock if anything.

If you want another playable character one idea I had would be have some mission flashback to Sparda and you play as him there.

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Scorching hot take.

I want DMC6 to be Nero's game 100%. Have Dante be a post game unlock if anything.

If you want another playable character one idea I had would be have some mission flashback to Sparda and you play as him there.

opposite sides here..i don't dislike nero, but i want that 100% dante game, i just love his style of play so much more.

only thing he needs in his kit is something to shorten distance that isn't the stinger or connected to trickster

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
DMC6 starring Vergil as you seek to keep Yamato away from Dante who wants to fuse with it to revive their dad. Dante becomes Sparda himself after eating that sword too, Dante becomes Vergil's dad and no longer feels awkward about hooking up with Trish.

The ultimate ending.

Futurama reference? Lol
I guess we all thought about time travelling and Dante becoming his own father.

Boya

Jan 1, 2018
opposite sides here..i don't dislike nero, but i want that 100% dante game, i just love his style of play so much more.

only thing he needs in his kit is something to shorten distance that isn't the stinger or connected to trickster
Dante has already had two of those (three if you cont DMC2, four if you count DmC).
Nero hasn't.
It would be nice to let him have the spotlight to himself for once. Gives him more oportunity to grow (in a story sense but also mechanically).

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It's funny cos Yamato is more fitting for who Dante is (wanting to keep the demon and human worlds separate, not liking his demon half, etc.) with Rebellion being more fitting for who Vergil is (pure power trip, wanting to become more than he is, rebelling against his humanity, etc.), yet their weapons are with the other. It's a fun juxtaposition.
This series just cant stop copying Inuyasha huh
I kid, I kid

Boya

Jan 1, 2018
If Devil May Cry 7 doesn't feature Vergil desperately attempting to be a good babysitter for his granddaughter I will be extremely dissapointed.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So humanised that he became a m'lady meme.
I.....really do not get that from him at all. I loved V personally and I went into this game expecting to hate him. But he's just to much of a dork for me to dislike.
If Devil May Cry 7 doesn't feature Vergil desperately attempting to be a good babysitter for his granddaughter I will be extremely dissapointed.
Domestic life for the DMC crew is one of my favorite things to imagine in this series.

Vergil babysitting his grandkids.
Dante doing his taxes.
Nero going to the grocery store.

It's just way to much fun imagining these over the top characters doing such mundane things.

Golnei

Oct 25, 2017
It's just way to much fun imagining these over the top characters doing such mundane things.

SilentComposedLabradorretriever-size_restricted.gif

pkeum0nbjacuulw3couj.gif

The next game needs mahjong and karaoke.

Regarding DMC6 there are two options for me:
1) Featuring 100% Dante and Vergil; they sorted their shit out in hell and are back to run the DMC together. Zero mentioning of Nero.
(I want this so bad - it's never going to happen.)
2) Featuring 100% Nero with zero mentioning of Dante and Vergil.
(This way I'm not emotionally involved and could call it a day. How relaxing that would be.)

What seems realistic to me is a Nero only game with Dante and Vergil mentioned a lot, not shown though.
Little thing that crossed my mind: Nero also heard people calling him a descendant of Sparda, didn't he? And he thought what about it? Even he can't be that dense, can he?

Uou can just equip rebellion! Both rebellion and sparda are useable after you beat the game. I have rebellion on on of my loadouts, it's just too iconic
I had a friend who deequipped Rebellion in 3. Cut ties with him.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe Nero thought he was Dante's son but thought it was too awkward to bring up.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Nero hated his demon hand he wouldn't care about Sparda stuff (if he even heard it,he could just simply ignore it because he was worried)

I just want DMC 6 to return a little to gothic stuff, they 'tried' with the houses and one church but the hurban setting is so boring and the tree a bit crude, not something heavy like Bloodborne but a little more atmospheric, and no Vergil final boss. A DMC 1 remake would be great too, that way they can focus on Dante + Gilver+ Mundus and Trish at least would do more cool stuff before getting kidnapped

Last edited:

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Little thing that crossed my mind: Nero also heard people calling him a descendant of Sparda, didn't he? And he thought what about it? Even he can't be that dense, can he?
Maybe Nero thought he was Dante's son but thought it was too awkward to bring up.
It could be like others said where Nero just paid it no mind.

Another possibility is they just thought he was a distant relationship to Sparda. Yeah Dante and Vergil where the only ones were aware off but Sparda was on earth for centuries(and if we go by Before the Nightmare might have been something of a ladies man.) So maybe they just assume he'd had other kids in the past that led to Nero.
If any game in the franchise deserves a total remake it's DMC2.
I was just talking to a friend about this and I'd be up for it.

Frankly anything to bring back Lucia. I like her.

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
DMC6 needs to have one playable character during the main story missions
Have a million characters in bloody palace if you want, but I just want one characters story and don't care whose it is.

Oct 28, 2017
I fucking love DMC2's super lonely atmosphere (especially with the environmental soundtrack in the city levels) but that's probably an unintentional result of the game being a mess rather than something intentional from the developers. It's basically the final remnants of RE that the franchise had pre-DMC3.

Golnei

Oct 25, 2017
i know but, after her exposition time she has to do something right, like they can't fall on lady now trish would need to have at least one fight scene with dante, i hope 😥 maaaybe

Trish sould have a devil trigger

It doesn't make sense for Dante to fight her as an actual boss at any point, she'd be obliterated in one hit. Maybe a joke fight like Lady, but it'd still be awkward.

Kamiya did say she had a proper demon form once, but I don't think that applies to the series now - the current form is all she'll get now, give or take DT sunglasses.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
It doesn't make sense for Dante to fight her as an actual boss at any point, she'd be obliterated in one hit. Maybe a joke fight like Lady, but it'd still be awkward.

Kamiya did say she had a proper demon form once, but I don't think that applies to the series now - the current form is all she'll get now, give or take DT sunglasses.
At least a cutscene team up like on dmc4 slot machine i want to see it in a game one day 😊

That can't be too much to ask :p but you are right it will probably not happen

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
DMC2 remake idea got fucked when the recap video and the prequel novel pretty much relegated the game events to a random side mission that Dante barely remembers. If it was still being ignored you could expand on it a lot and actually make it important

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
Scorching hot take.

I'd take it. Or like, a Nero/Lady/Trish team, they group up while Dante's gone to keep DMC running.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Biggest question I have after playing this game is when did Vergil get back after being blown up as Nelo Angelo.

That's at least a ten year gap before hobo Vergil rips Nero's arm off.

I kinda feel bad for Nero, that he didn't tell him sooner. It means so much for him as an orphan. And Dante would have a bit of a family back, too. Win win for both?
Maybe he didn't like the questions, that would come along with it. What happened to Vergil e.g.
Another possibility is they just thought he was a distant relationship to Sparda. Yeah Dante and Vergil where the only ones were aware off but Sparda was on earth for centuries(and if we go by Before the Nightmare might have been something of a ladies man.) So maybe they just assume he'd had other kids in the past that led to Nero.
Don't let Extreme Tactician hear you - we had that conversation before. ;DD

For my personal head canon, Nero's just the son of a regular half demon and was only possessed/infected by Vergil's spirit. But Dante can't tell for sure, if he's not a distant relative of some kind Sparda started before he met Eva. :3
Biggest question I have after playing this game is when did Vergil get back after being blown up as Nelo Angelo.

That's at least a ten year gap before hobo Vergil rips Nero's arm off.
One of the holes I don't expect them to close any time soon...
I made up he was washed into the ocean, when the island crumbeled, washed ashore somewhere half dead and with no memory. He wanders around for years, slowly regaining conciousness. Then by luck stumbles into Fortunta and senses Yamato. He observes Nero for a while and decides to take it back.

The game makes it look more like he knew about Nero and the sword before coming there, but how would he know isn't explained either.

Let me leave some random thoughts.

Isn't it kinda amusing (maybe in an ironic way) how quick Urizen dismisses Sparda when thinking about everything he sacrificed to get close to that goddamn sword back in the day?

I love the fact that say adressed Vergil's time as Nelo Angelo and how tough that must have been.
Although they don't really do much with it, and I'm still not sure how his familiars are supposed to work. They are is memory, but independent at the same time. Also strange that they don't merge back with V.
It gives me goosebumps when Griffon says goodbye to Dante, but I don't see how their defeat ends Vergil's nightmare. Maybe in a symbolic way, because they represented that time, but Vergil himself should still remember everything, and it doesn't seem to make a difference to him, if they are defeated or not.

Once I stumbled upon a doujinshi that's quite good and really nailed some aspects of the love-hate relationship the twins have, with nothing inbetween.
It alters the ending of 3 to Dante being able to take Vergil back into the human world. He forces him to stay with him; he is pissed at Vergil for leaving him alone for that whole year between manga and game.
He is the one who can't let go of Vergil and chains his brother this way.
Their life together works a bit for a short while, but Vergil starts to wander around and finally parts ways with Dante. He feels like they don't belong in the human world as the mixed bloods they are, with constantly demons coming for them, what seems like an interesting thought.
Btw - the ending of 5 is perfect for doujinshi bullshit, with both of them isolated in hell together.

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
Actually just completed this recently. Loved the hell out of it.

Can't wait for some Vergil dlc.