• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Any advice on how to deal with these bastards as Dante?

Elajjaz was trying to find a way to deal with them on DMD on stream and someone in chat found a way 1 kill em in one combo

Deflect their attack
Cerberus bck fwd attack (the ice shield around you) works really well against all attacks, when the attack gets deflected jump out of the ice shield

Quickly get next to him

In Swordmaster Balrog punch mode:
fwd style, jump, air attack attack, air style, fwd style, jump , air attack attack, air style, back style

Minimum Dragon, jump, Feather combo, Cruiser Dive, Minimum Dragon, jump Feather Combo, Cruiser Dive, Real Impact

Kills them in one combo

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
The way the final boss fight was being built up to, I really thought it was going to be a 1v1v1 between D, V, and Nee, but the hype from that would have been too much. It already reached dangerously high enough levels as is.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
vergil the based god

vergil2.png

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Really feel that what little possibility the story had could have been improved had Nero properly confronted Vergil about V and Urizen.

Maybe have Vergil explain that he had no idea what Urizen would do, or that V was genuinely trying to do what he thought was right, or something. Would have added a bit more clarity, explanation, depth and possibly reason.

Cus as it is, most of the story is kind of meaningless. Everything is cast aside and the twist brings turns it all into yet another more petty version of the Dante Vs Vergil fight, so the rest of the entire game has no consequence or meaningful effect on the anything other than an overly complicated lead up.

The only thing that matters in the story is merely Nero's presence, as whatever lesson he apparently learned comes from a Deus ex phone call with Kyrie and not from the rest of the game.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
vergil the based god

vergil2.png

I fucking love how he looks in this game. I've seen the hair Photoshops and the face swap mods, but none of them look as good as this. That's my boy right there.

The only thing I'm not crazy about is recolouring his coat black, but at least you can unlock the EX Costume that makes him blue again. It's just a shame they didn't do an EX Costume for Dante that turns his coat back to red instead of faded maroon, but I'm sure there's a mod coming for that.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I fucking love how he looks in this game. I've seen the hair Photoshops and the face swap mods, but none of them look as good as this. That's my boy right there.

The only thing I'm not crazy about is recolouring his coat black, but at least you can unlock the EX Costume that makes him blue again. It's just a shame they didn't do an EX Costume for Dante that turns his coat back to red instead of faded maroon.

It's kinda weird that Vergil's default color scheme is inverted from DMC3 and 4. He has the same OUTFIT on but the undercoat is blue and the outer coat is black, whereas in 3 and 4 it was a blue outer coat and a black undercoat.

Oct 25, 2017
Fun facts:
  • Because Dante stabs himself with his own sword DMC2 is the only game where he doesn't get impailes with his own sword
  • Nero has stabbed both his uncle and father with their own swords
  • Dante says Aidos to Nero . That's also what he says to him at the end of mission 1 in DMC4
  • Trish is now voiced by Wendee Lee. That makes another person involved with Power Rangers included in this series
  • DMC 2 is the only game where Vergil doesn't make an appearance
I'll think of more later lol

Mr. X

Oct 25, 2017
Was messing with SSS taunts to see them in game.

Saw V's 2 music ones.
Saw Nero air guitar and camera reel one.

I was doing Dante's and did I get the right ones? One where he goes you 'you got your ass kicked' and a different underwhelming with boring in the line?

Baalzebup

Oct 25, 2017
It is more or less the exact same as the treatment you were supposed to give Sanctus at the end of DMC4 when he is doing the dashing charges with Sparda. Though he gets a fist instead of wrestling moves.

On that note, out of all the Buster moves I've seen, I still like the one in the first Sanctus fight the most. It is not the most stylish or outright violent, but there is something primal about the beatdown Nero lays on him.

Golnei

Oct 25, 2017
I hadn't seen V's execution animation for Vergil.

tumblr_po9mp2kVN21y77qnmo3_250.gif
tumblr_po9mp2kVN21y77qnmo2_250.gif

It's...uncomfortably intimate.

On that note, out of all the Buster moves I've seen, I still like the one in the first Sanctus fight the most. It is not the most stylish or outright violent, but there is something primal about the beatdown Nero lays on him.

That one was very memorable, just beating the shit out of an old man. Who did more than deserve it, but still.

Oct 25, 2017

The only thing I'm not crazy about is recolouring his coat black, but at least you can unlock the EX Costume that makes him blue again. It's just a shame they didn't do an EX Costume for Dante that turns his coat back to red instead of faded maroon, but I'm sure there's a mod coming for that.
I agree. The mods are impressive but the vanilla model looks amazing.
I was weirded out at first, ngl. But after a few scenes he definitely fit.
My headcanon is his body is younger than Dante's. After the Mundus debacle, splitting himself and eating the fruit.
Something had to happen to his body after all that.

EX mod is out btw, saw it yesterday. Replaces his black attire.

May 26, 2018
Really feel that what little possibility the story had could have been improved had Nero properly confronted Vergil about V and Urizen.

Maybe have Vergil explain that he had no idea what Urizen would do, or that V was genuinely trying to do what he thought was right, or something. Would have added a bit more clarity, explanation, depth and possibly reason.

Cus as it is, most of the story is kind of meaningless. Everything is cast aside and the twist brings turns it all into yet another more petty version of the Dante Vs Vergil fight, so the rest of the entire game has no consequence or meaningful effect on the anything other than an overly complicated lead up.

The only thing that matters in the story is merely Nero's presence, as whatever lesson he apparently learned comes from a Deus ex phone call with Kyrie and not from the rest of the game.

giphy.gif

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Man it sure is lucky for everyone involved that Urizen didn't just straight-up murder V after separating Danny Phantom-style

Oct 27, 2017
I hope when Bloody Palace comes that it isn't a linear thing but that you can choose which encounter comes next, like Bayonettas Coop mode. Would make it infinitely more replayable.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
I hope when Bloody Palace comes that it isn't a linear thing but that you can choose which encounter comes next, like Bayonettas Coop mode. Would make it infinitely more replayable.
I was playing through 3s Bloody Palace in the lead up to DMC5, and I like how it was handled there. 9999 levels, with options to go up by 100, 10 or 1. The 1 stage gave a green orb and the 10 gave a purple(?) orb. I wouldn't mind something like that again.

No timers though. You hear me Itsuno? No. Timers.

Oct 27, 2017
I was playing through 3s Bloody Palace in the lead up to DMC5, and I like how it was handled there. 9999 levels, with options to go up by 100, 10 or 1. The 1 stage gave a green orb and the 10 gave a purple(?) orb. I wouldn't mind something like that again.

No timers though. You hear me Itsuno? No. Timers.

I didn't like that setup because it's basically just 99 levels. There's no reason to not jump 100 levels everytime since the orb refills were at set intervalls.

With all the threads the recent time about what DMC thingy is best in what, why hasn't Vergil one yet? There is even one for Nero, who's present in less games.
But on the other hand, even with the final trailer, his presence is still kinda spoilery, I guess. ^^
Also only true anwser would be 3 anyway.

Mr. X

Oct 25, 2017
With all the threads the recent time about what DMC thingy is best in what, why hasn't Vergil one yet? There is even one for Nero, who's present in less games.
But on the other hand, even with the final trailer, his presence is still kinda spoilery, I guess. ^^
Because it's less than a week old game spoiler maybe

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
The way the final boss fight was being built up to, I really thought it was going to be a 1v1v1 between D, V, and Nee, but the hype from that would have been too much. It already reached dangerously high enough levels as is.
I would not be terribly surprised if the plan *at some point* had not been to use the network sharing functionality for the final boss fight.

WalshyB

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017

I would be interested to see peoples thoughts on why they thought otherwise. His character really takes a steaming dump in 5 I feel

DanteLinkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Peak narcissism, just like Zamasu.

f2c.gif
I hadn't seen V's execution animation for Vergil.

tumblr_po9mp2kVN21y77qnmo3_250.gif
tumblr_po9mp2kVN21y77qnmo2_250.gif

It's...uncomfortably intimate.

That one was very memorable, just beating the shit out of an old man. Who did more than deserve it, but still.
but how is this possible? A mod of pc to uncover the bloody palace files? Since vergil doesnt face V in any part of the history so this must be bloody palace boss.

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
but how is this possible? A mod of pc to uncover the bloody palace files? Since vergil doesnt face V in any part of the history so this must be bloody palace boss.
V has execution animations for every boss (with, I think, ground/aerial/Nightmare variations for each), just as Nero has Buster finisher animations for every boss (with, I think, a DT variation for each), regardless of whether they fight them in the main game.

And yeah, it's totally for the Bloody Palace.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't get over how good that ending was. the zoom in on the fuck you... tears

DMC6 needs to be father son journey while Dante like... does some silly shit on the side

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
I guess it has something to do with Yamato,perhaps?
One of nico's reports says that Yamato is the embodiment of the god of death.
Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if Yamato being repaired in DMC4 and Nero gaining his first, ghost-of-Vergil kinda DT has to do with Vergil being resurrected or revived (which is why he not only made a beeline for the Yamato, he also took Nero's arm).

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
Hey, I made those threads.

I was gonna make this one next, but I'm not sure how to avoid spoilers because I'd have to include V and Urizen. And putting DMC5 spoilers in the title makes it REALLY obvious he's in the game. Not like everyone didn't already know, but, you know, spoiler culture...

How exactly did Vergil come back when he disintegrated on Mallet Island as Nelo Angelo?
The same way Dante came back from Hell, which is we don't know.

There's a lot of room for a Vergil DLC if they choose to make one. I hope it would take place between DMC1 and 4.

Golnei

Oct 25, 2017
tumblr_pocuxzvI3B1r4pg2o_540.jpg

Maybe there's a reason why they scratched out Sparda's hair in the ingame portrait. Is that a judge's wig...?

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
I forgot that the Yamato was broken tbh. Was it ever answered when and where it happened and how the Yamato ended up in Fortuna?
The DMC4 novel says that Agnus found it in the outskirts of Fortuna.

It's stated in 4's enemy files that the Angelo enemies were made from the fragments of a Demon known as the Dark Angel (aka Nelo Angelo), so I guess it end up near Fortuna after Mallet Island was destroyed.

I suppose the sword Nelo Angelo used could have been a Transfomed/Corrupted Yamato and it broke after the battle with Dante.

Oct 25, 2017

Maybe there's a reason why they scratched out Sparda's hair in the ingame portrait. Is that a judge's wig...?
Man....What time period does the DMC universe take place? Lol
The DMC4 novel says that Agnus found it in the outskirts of Fortuna.

It's stated in 4's enemy files that the Angelo enemies were made from the fragments of a Demon known as the Dark Angel (aka Nelo Angelo), so I guess it end up near Fortuna after Mallet Island was destroyed.

I suppose the sword Nelo Angelo used could have been a Transfomed/Corrupted Yamato and it broke after the battle with Dante.
Sparda swords seem to have a mind of their own maybe the sword was looking for Nero?

Because it's less than a week old game spoiler maybe
Hmmm, that's why I called it kinda spoilery, I guess? :3

I would be interested to see peoples thoughts on why they thought otherwise. His character really takes a steaming dump in 5 I feel
Yeah, my heart's still broken.
But it seems to depent highly on your personal opinion of Vergil. A lot of people always thought of him as a bad guy through and through with a high body count. They shouldn't care much about the change that was made. A few days ago I got into a stupid argument over this on another place.

Hey, I made those threads.

I was gonna make this one next, but I'm not sure how to avoid spoilers because I'd have to include V and Urizen. And putting DMC5 spoilers in the title makes it REALLY obvious he's in the game. Not like everyone didn't already know, but, you know, spoiler culture...
I didn't mean to come across hostile? (And not all of the threads I thought of are yours. :p)

That was my second thought as well, yes. Doesn't allow some nice Vergil avas either. ^^

Ewwww, didn't Nevan say he was a handsome devil?
That portrait is kinda creepy anyway. It also still baffles me, that he lived with them so long. The newspaper article about the attack on the house talks about Eva living with twins, but a husband isn't mentioned. As if nobody ever saw daddy Sparda.

Golnei

Oct 25, 2017
Man....What time period does the DMC universe take place? Lol

Sparda swords seem to have a mind of their own maybe the sword was looking for Nero?

Eva probably wasn't a 2000-year old witch, but both her and Sparda being millenia old would probably explain why they got family oil portraits done and had hand-bound books for their heritage-listed manor. Otherwise, they were just really committed to their aesthetic.

Ewwww, didn't Nevan say he was a handsome devil?
That portrait is kinda creepy anyway. It also still baffles me, that he lived with them so long. The newspaper article about the attack on the house talks about Eva living with twins, but a husband isn't mentioned. As if nobody ever saw daddy Sparda.

He looks pretty similar to this game's version of Vergil, he's just wearing an inexplicable Isaac Newton wig.

Budin-Newton.jpg

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the games have always been kind of vague on whether Sparda's age of heroism was 1000 years ago or, like, 40 years ago.

I *think* the safe conclusion is that he sealed Mundus away (and saved the world) centuries before DMC1 but then retired to live in obscurity after that, possibly engaging in further adventures here and there.

The tougher bit to square is that DMC1's backstory sure makes it sound like falling in love with Eva is the *reason* he turned on Mundus, but Eva, being human, was definitely not alive for centuries.