• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AwakenedCloud

Oct 27, 2017
What's the point of this thread if no actual spoilers are being disseminated anyways, or if I'm being looked down on for seeking them? I need this. This couldn't have happened to a more perfect game.

You're not seeking the spoilers for yourself, but to undermine the literal purpose of spoiler threads in general. These threads are a safe space to prevent people who care about spoilers from being exposed, and you're coming in with the intent of doing the opposite.

I don't know about you and your "friends" situation, but this it's not a good look to come in to a group of a bunch of Kingdom Hearts fans who care about the experience of the game and brag about misusing this thread to ruin someone else's.

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah these leaks haven't really been interesting so far. I was expecting another dive into the heart but I was hoping it would be for Young Xehanort or even someone else new, not Sora again.

Everything also looked like the fanmade KH in UE4 videos. The instagram-looking loading screens don't make sense with this franchise, and my first impression is that they were shoehorned. Also, during the Dive footage, KH1 Sora uses his illustration for the health bar while KH2 then uses his 3D model. There's no consistency.

The only good things I saw from the leaked footage is how the Cable Town reveal starts (even if the world design is hideous in my opinion, those house-mountains are horrendous) and the Sora dialogue before Face my Fears. Everything else... just ew.

LostSkullKid

Nov 27, 2017
The Kingdom Hearts 2 ending was one of the first videos I watched on YouTube back in the day. Though I don't think that game leaked, it was just released in Japan way before the US.

V0ltg

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As someone who isn't a big KH fan but wants to know juicy deets...

This is a disappointing thread lol
Lmao, same situation here. I'm not really invested in KH, so I don't mind being spoiled.
That being said, this thread didn't deliver at all as of now. But I'm expecting the juicy stuff in the next few days.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not expecting any more spoilers at this point. The seller was obviously not interested in the game, and those who were able to get a copy are about 10 to 30 people, and I don't think they have reasons to spoil it. In fact, I believe they would prefer to be silent. Plus some of them may also be Christmas presents, who knows.

Deleted member 511

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Everything also looked like the fanmade KH in UE4 videos. The instagram-looking loading screens don't make sense with this franchise, and my first impression is that they were shoehorned. Also, during the Dive footage, KH1 Sora uses his illustration for the health bar while KH2 then uses his 3D model. There's no consistency.

The only good things I saw from the leaked footage is how the Cable Town reveal starts (even if the world design is hideous in my opinion, those house-mountains are horrendous) and the Sora dialogue before Face my Fears. Everything else... just ew.
Yeah the loading screen is weird. I don't like how it uses screencaps from the old games which have a different art direction so it makes it feel inconsistent.

LucidMomentum

Nov 18, 2017
Yo one of my friends streams and she's worried about spoilers - can someone PM me the general story beats and / or a Twitch Chat word filter list I might be able to set up so she doesn't get randomly spoiled?

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Can someone spoil me if the story is just as convoluted as the previous games and if they actually have a satisfying conclusion to the trilogy?

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
not invested in KH, but i'm just waiting for someone to check if the recent 4chan story leak was legit, lol
If you don't want to be spoiled before January, then please look away. If you don't mind, then go ahead.
  • penultimate world = Keyblade Graveyard
  • Sora wields the True X-Blade to counter Xehanort's False X-Blade. True X-blade can return hearts AKA resurrect people. False X-Blade can destroy the universe + potentially kill Xehanort.
  • Kingdom Hearts moon is unlocked.
  • final world = Moon Husk
  • Truth revealed: true Kingdom Hearts moon is currently an empty husk. There's no ultimate power or infinite knowledge within. Kingdom Hearts = everyone's hearts, both light and dark alike. It was created as a counterbalance to darkness in the beginning of time + gave birth to all current life. The first Keyblade War was a controlled experiment orchestrated by a mysterious puppet master (MoM) to remake Kingdom Hearts by sacrificing everyone to its attempted recreation. Resulted in initial moon being destroyed + worlds becoming separated.
  • Xehanort is a pawn to get closer to Kingdom Hearts moon. Turns into a darkling by No Name keyblade after truth is revealed.
  • Restored Terra sacrifices himself and kills Master Xehanort.
  • Young Xehanort merges other Xehanorts into himself and becomes the final boss.
  • Sora almost dies.
  • Riku defeats merged Xehanort, but dies.
  • Final battle creates black hole that results in time distortions that could destroy the universe.
  • Young Xehanort gets sent back through time to Destiny Islands with no memory. "This world is just too small." Time loop secured for infinity.
  • Restored Ven sacrifices himself to stop black hole using his repaired heart. Terra's and Riku's hearts help.
  • The light of everyone's hearts guided by Sora's voice seals black hole. Worlds come back together as merged unified mega world.
  • Aqua retires to restored Land of Departure and becomes new headmaster to teach a new generation of Keyblade Wielders.
  • Roxas, Xion, and Lea retire to real Twilight Town to start a new life.
  • Other Organization members (Nobodies) get purged of Xehanort's heart and lose their memories. Ansem SoD + Xemnas are dead. Vanitas died with Ven. Data Riku returned to Journal.
  • Maleficent and Pete remain alive. Maleficent leaves Book of Prophecies to Jiminy and Mickey. Pete goes back to Disney Town and into hiding. Maleficent travels through time to solve the mystery of the MoM.
  • All Disney characters return to their proper places, but must learn to cope with each other.
  • Light and darkness become rebalanced.
  • Book of Prophecies hints at the existence of other hidden worlds to be revealed in the future.
  • Sora and Kairi return to Destiny Islands. Relationship strongly implied. They both become Keyblade Masters.
  • Statues of Ven, Riku, and Terra are erected in Radiant Garden.
  • Disney villains go back into hiding.
  • Jiminy's Journal mysteriously gets filled with the names of thousands of Keyblade Wielders from the first Keyblade War.
  • Ansem the Wise returns to Radiant Garden and passes on leadership to Ienzo.
  • Sora hears a mysterious voice call out to him. Uses Keyblade to open a new door.
  • Credits have dedication to Leonard Nimoy and Chikao Ohtsuka.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
I saw someone on 4chan say the achievement list hints at 2 new worlds that are unaccounted for. Although I haven't seen the list and can't find it anywhere. Not sure if complete BS.

Slash12771

Jul 12, 2018
1544879861863.png

what do you guys think of the Before you stream part of the title screen. Does it have to do w/ copyright.

Oct 27, 2017
North Carolina
The two KH collections on the PS4 received an update a few days ago that "Removed all previous SHARE button restrictions". I am guessing KH3 will come with SHARE button restrictions.

fayaine

Mar 10, 2018
1544879861863.png

what do you guys think of the Before you stream part of the title screen. Does it have to do w/ copyright.

It basicly sais to not stream just the game audio and forbids it. Thats been the case in all Kingdom Hearts Collections. It has to be paired with the gameplay otherwise you get a copyright strike

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
The two KH collections on the PS4 received an update a few days ago that "Removed all previous SHARE button restrictions". I am guessing KH3 will come with SHARE button restrictions.
Is that possible on Xbox One? I know games like Persona 5 block it on PS4, but I haven't heard of any Xbox games not allowing screenshots or video captures.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Fayaine above you explains the situation with the SHARE button. It isn't an outright block like Persona 5.
My question was more about whether or not it's possible for game capture to not be allowed on Xbox, and less about what the case is with KH3 in particular.

WGMBY

Oct 27, 2017
Boston, MA
Can we at least see the full opening cutscene now? I really liked the song in the trailer that was shown a few weeks back.

CrazyAznKT

Nov 8, 2017
Some of ya'll making me anxious that this game might actually be bad.

I mean I'm gonna platinum it anyways but there's been some worrying signs.

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Some of ya'll making me anxious that this game might actually be bad.

I mean I'm gonna platinum it anyways but there's been some worrying signs.
There is absolutely no way the story will wrap up in a satisfactory way. Stories that go on for this long, with this many weird twists, have a zero-sum possibility of having a good ending.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Lmao that dude is an idiot. Bound to be arrested by the end of the weekend if he isn't already.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
New gameplay posted. Seems like the original leaker is still around selling copies. Man from the tiny snippets we've seen this is amazing.