• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
While this is in the spotlight, I'm really curious about what we will learn about this place.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Using a whole ass city as a backdrop for one big set of boss battles is a pretty god damn cool idea, wow.

Gonna guess this was the thing Nomura mentioned wanting to do for a long time in the series.

PurgeVIII

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
United States
Weird that they're called "Mysterious Adversaries" when its clearly the 13 darknesses.
One of them is for sure Braig since he's holding the 2 guns

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I can't believe they made Foretellers Case Scala's world music, absolute madmen.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I really don't know why but from that gameplay snippet, Scala looks a bit like Daybreak Town? Like the similarities are there.

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Weird that they're called "Mysterious Adversaries" when its clearly the 13 darknesses.
One of them is for sure Braig since he's holding the 2 guns

Maybe some sort of malevolent entity has taken over the bodies of the 13 darknesses, or are pupetting them or something, which was REALLY Xehanort's master plan, not all those other real master plans.

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
Haha so it's not just "3 seconds and then boss". I mean, it is but looks like you can move about quite a bit. It looks pretty neat.

And yeah, the music! The foretellers?! Here comes KHUx lol.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
ZuQNzJn.jpg

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Whats so special about that song ? Except it sounding good.
I honestly think that Scala ad Caelum is meant to be a rebuilt Daybreak Town. Like you've got the foreteller's music and the Bazaar.

At the very least Scala is the new hub for keyblade wielders after the keyblade War.

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
I really don't know why but from that gameplay snippet, Scala looks a bit like Daybreak Town? Like the similarities are there.
"A seat for all keyblade weilders"

Scala is Daybreak Town isn't it?

For suuuure. Here are the KHUx connections, and something storywise from Scala is going to connect back to KHUx and move things forward into KH4.

That also makes me laugh a little at people disappointed that Twilight Town was in but not Daybreak... well. Here it is haha.

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Oh daaaaamn. Bottom right def Braig.

I honestly think that Scala ad Caelum is meant to be a rebuilt Daybreak Town. Like you've got the foreteller's music and the Bazaar.

At the very least Scala is the new hub for keyblade wielders after the keyblade War.

I like it. Like MX trying to recreate the keyblade war, he could also want to recreate the home of those who fought in it (btw, do we have confirmation that the keyblade graveyard was once daybreak town, or did they relocate for the war?)

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Fuck man, this legitimately looks amazing. Fighting one half of the org using the city itself to maneuver around in a wide open area, then going on to fight the rest before culminating in a final boss fight with MX. This is going to be so good.

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017

Yabberwocky

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, wow, Scala ad Caelum is gorgeous. I'd love to explore it properly outside of a boss fight. Like a lot of people, I'm really curious about the KHUx connection.

BBS also has pretty poor cutscenes, but DDD is just super shoddy. The perspective of Merlin's Tower is all fucked up (which is kind of unacceptable considering how many scenes are set there):

And there's just way less of them. 2 hours less, even if you include all the aimless optional ones that shouldn't have been in the game at all (5 hours and 2 minutes for DDD, 6 hours and 54 minutes for BBS).

I'm playing DDD at the moment, and have been really baffled by the framing on quite a few cutscenes. I just got past the second visit to Traverse Town, and some of the Riku scenes are framed in particular like there's supposed to be someone standing next to him, it's so odd.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
These are just a few educated guesses, but from the image I posted, I can make out

• Larxene's knives
  • Marluxia's scythe
  • Xigbar's arrowguns
  • Saix's claymore
Can't make out the rest though

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I truly believe it's going to be a Xehanort was possessed the whole time thing. I mean...it's in the opening with young Xehanort having different coloured eyes. In which case, "Disney" ending where he is beaten and not killed and THANK YOU FOR SAVING ME.
I mean, even this is expected. If these two brothers are as big a fan as they seem to be they should already know this was a pretty prevalent theory.

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
These are just a few educated guesses, but from the image I posted, I can make out

• Larxene's knives
  • Marluxia's scythe
  • Xigbar's arrowguns
  • Saix's claymore
Can't make out the rest though

I feel like I'm looking at a magic eye, I don't see any of that lol. Is it in the warping around the figures?

I mean, even this is expected. If these two brothers are as big a fan as they seem to be they should already know this was a pretty prevalent theory.

Maybe not big enough fans to have played Ux? Or just didn't think it would go there? Who knows. 2 weeks!

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
That doesn't mean 1 should like it though.

Also has far as the leaker been on being consistent:

My opinion changes as I play more of the game. So you if consistency is the name of the game, you aren't gonna find it here because when I explore more aspects of the game the experience changes for the better or for the worst.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
At the same time though, Luxu and the MoM are not in the game. Literally who else would want to posses Xehanort.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
We know that you access Scala through the Keyblade Graveyard, really sucks that you can't just explore it. Probably going to make a save before this fight so I can take it all in.

Eien1no1Yami

Oct 30, 2017
I mean...we knew Scala wasn't explorable and he implied that you can explore a part of it while fighting the bosses.
So he was right in what he said before.

Btw I haven't the video and I plan not to, but does he actually fight the bosses or he just runs around the place?

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I mean...we knew Scala wasn't explorable and he implied that you can explore a part of it while fighting the bosses.
So he was right in what he said before.

Btw I haven't the video and I plan not to, but does he actually fight the bosses or he just runs around the place?
He runs around a bit then cuts the video as soon as they appear

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really want story spoilers (I'm not going to read through this thread, though I'm not going to be butthurt if I see some), but are there overall gameplay impressions on this one yet?

Sly_Ardyn

Dec 30, 2018
So I'm guessing the 'norts are using what may be an official Seekers of Darkness attire, and thankfully we won't fight thirteen versions of No Name, but rather each nortified fellow with his respective weapon.

I wonder how the rest of the fight goes. Xehanort did say that he and his other selves would become one. Does this mean that, at some point, we'll fight a form of Xehanort fused with the others?

Something tells me the fight could play like Xemnas' armor in KH2: it had every Org member weapon. Maybe this will be the return of Xemnas' armor, or rather, No Name (Xehanort's armor).