• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Feb 5, 2018
Though since the time-traveler comes from Destniy Islands, before he becomes a Keyblade wielder, he is definitely the youngest incarnation of Xehanort.

Exactly, which is why i find it odd. His hairstyle, eyes and ears all dramatically change from Destiny Islands to that appearance, then he gets the pointed ears and gold eyes again by the time hes an old man?

Like, we know its intentional because it differentiates that fact in the opening, but why? Its super weird and theres probably some more mind-fuckery going on that we havent noticed yet.

PurgeVIII

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
United States
Apparently there was footage of Sora fighting a dark side at the beginning of the game from a long time ago? (Before KH3isLife I mean) Does anyone have that footage?

Elyian

Feb 7, 2018
Got back to one of the best things I could've come in here for. Hot damn that opening in direct feed is amazing. Can't wait to see if they delve into xehanort pre yellow eyes/pointed ears.

Feb 5, 2018
Got back to one of the best things I could've come in here for. Hot damn that opening in direct feed is amazing. Can't wait to see if they delve into xehanort pre yellow eyes/pointed ears.

The odd thing is that it shouldnt happen. Logistically it cant. The Xehanort time traveling should be the youngest iteration of him. Why? Because hes not a keyblade master or even a user yet. That Xehanort never left Destiny Islands. So why is it that this one, who plays chess with Eraqus, have a such an exaggerated change in appearance? Thats the question we should be asking.

BigBluePig

Jul 5, 2018
The odd thing is that it shouldnt happen. Logistically it cant. The Xehanort time traveling should be the youngest iteration of him. Why? Because hes not a keyblade master or even a user yet. That Xehanort never left Destiny Islands. So why is it that this one, who plays chess with Eraqus, have a such an exaggerated change in appearance? Thats the question we should be asking.

It's explained already. The time traveling Younganort has part of Oldanort's heart in him already.

That's why he can use the Keyblade too.

Elyian

Feb 7, 2018
It's explained already. The time traveling Younganort has part of Oldanort's heart in him already.

Ahh, that makes sense. Im convinced Xehanort is in a similar situation as Riku was in KH1, and that he's actually not masterminding any of this, or even in control. That level of full circle "gotcha!" is exactly what I'd expect from Nomura at this point.

Feb 5, 2018

You misunderstand. The one time traveling did not meet Eraqus yet and is not training to be a Keyblade master. He has golden eyes and extremely pointed ears. The one we see in the opening already has met Eraqus, as we've seen that design of Xehanort play chess with him. This one has silver eyes, more rounded ears, and a different hairstyle. This Xehanort already time traveled and left destiny islands.

So Xehanort loses his trademark eyes and ears, and then somehow gains them again. Thats the odd thing. I doubt its a plothole, so lets wait and see.

Elyian

Feb 7, 2018
You misunderstand. The one time traveling did not meet Eraqus yet and is not training to be a Keyblade master. He has golden eyes and extremely pointed ears. The one we see in the opening already has met Eraqus, as we've seen that design of Xehanort play chess with him. This one has silver eyes, more rounded ears, and a different hairstyle. This Xehanort already time traveled and left destiny islands.

So Xehanort loses his trademark eyes and ears, and then somehow gains them again.
Cant that be answered with time travel again? I imagine the young xehanort we see in the opening is the "original" who set these plans in motion, while the other(younger) one who's going around looking for vessels in different times was just one of the Xehanort's taken from a different point in time. Him being the youngest doesn't necessarily mean he's the one who started all of this, cause of this whole time travel shenanigans, I'd imagine that's the case.

Feb 5, 2018
Cant that be answered with time travel again? I imagine the young xehanort we see in the opening is the "original" who set these plans in motion, while the other(younger) one who's going around looking for vessels in different times was just one of the Xehanort's taken from a different point in time. Him being the youngest doesn't necessarily mean he's the one who started all of this, cause of this whole time travel shenanigans, I'd imagine that's the case.

Theres a few rules though.

The first rule for Nomura's time travel states that you can only move forward in time, unless you give up your body (Aka, Ansem Seeker of Darkness). The second rule is that you can only visit your other selves in future time periods. Young Xehanort specifically visits and obtain people who specifically were part or whole Xehanort (Master Xehanort, Ansem, Xemnas, Braig, etc). The third is that once everyone returns to their respective time, they do not remember what happened, but the feeling is etched in their heart, hence why Xehanort leaves in the first place.

Not that im saying you are anyway wrong, but for that to be right, the story just got a whole lot more convoluted lol.

It would be like this based you are saying:

- Silver eyes, rounded ears Xehanort (Keyblade Master in training). Starts the plan.
- Somehow gets yellow eyes and pointed ears (a sign of being norted)
- Grows old
- Takes over Terra to become Terranort
- Splits into Ansem and Xemnas
- Ansem goes back in time to an even younger version of himself to give him the ability to time travel.
- Youngest version time travels, has the appearance of Gold eyes and pointed ears before his slightly older version does.
- Returns to his own time, leaves destiny island and somehow gains Silver eyes and more rounded ears.

See how the first 2 points and the last point super complicates things that are already super complicated? Its almost unecessary UNLESS there is a plot point we are missing, which we most certainly are, and are likely missing 10s of plot points.

Elyian

Feb 7, 2018
Theres a few rules though.

The first rule for Nomura's time travel states that you can only move forward in time, unless you give up your body (Aka, Ansem Seeker of Darkness). The second rule is that you can only visit your other selves in future time periods. Young Xehanort specifically visits and obtain people who specifically were part or whole Xehanort (Master Xehanort, Ansem, Xemnas, Braig, etc). The third is that once everyone returns to their respective time, they do not remember what happened, but the feeling is etched in their heart, hence why Xehanort leaves in the first place.

Not that im saying you are anyway wrong, but for that to be right, the story just got a whole lot more convoluted lol.

It would be like this based you are saying:

- Silver eyes, rounded ears Xehanort (Keyblade Master in training). Starts the plan.
- Somehow gets yellow eyes and pointed ears (a sign of being norted)
- Grows old
- Takes over Terra to become Terranort
- Splits into Ansem and Xemnas
- Ansem goes back in time to an even younger version of himself to give him the ability to time travel.
- Youngest version time travels, has the appearance of Gold eyes and pointed ears before his slightly older version does.
- Returns to his own time, leaves destiny island and somehow gains Silver eyes and more rounded ears.

See how the first 2 points and the last point super complicates things that are already super complicated? Its almost unecessary UNLESS there is a plot point we are missing, which we most certainly are, and are likely missing 10s of plot points.
I fully expect there to be some magical rule that wasn't explained before to pop up out of the blue. Wonder if this is what got the leaker all upset during his play through lol

Feb 5, 2018
I fully expect there to be some magical rule that wasn't explained before to pop up out of the blue. Wonder if this is what got the leaker all upset during his play through lol
Lol yeah. He did say it goes through like 10 different WTF moments and then it gets unbelievable then something he didnt like lmao. According to one of his Twitter posts last week lol

BigBluePig

Jul 5, 2018

So Xehanort loses his trademark eyes and ears, and then somehow gains them again. Thats the odd thing. I doubt its a plothole, so lets wait and see.

You gain yellow eyes and pointed ears when Oldanort shoves his heart in you. See Braig > Xigbar. Younganort only has those ears and eyes while he is possessed, so when he returns to his own time he'll have lost them.

The biggest thing (likely an oversight) is that he has the yellow eyes in the "This world is just too small" scene.

Feb 5, 2018
You gain yellow eyes and pointed ears when Oldanort shoves his heart in you. See Braig > Xigbar. Younganort only has those ears and eyes while he is possessed, so when he returns to his own time he'll have lost them.

The biggest thing (likely an oversight) is that he has the yellow eyes in the "This world is just too small" scene.

And also the fact that he will once again gain them as an old man. The problem is two fold.

Edit: In the opening, he does look at an odd purple star. Obviously the opening is abstract, but perhaps the eyes and ears werent originally his to begin with.

BigBluePig

Jul 5, 2018
And also the fact that he will once again gain them as an old man. The problem is two fold.

His gaining them "again" is how old man Xehanort got them in the first place. My guess is he either becomes a Darkling (gloves appear when he becomes an old guy) or he has Luxu's heart shoved into him.

Oldanort and Time-traveling Younganort have the eyes and ears for different reasons

Feb 5, 2018
His gaining them "again" is how old man Xehanort got them in the first place. My guess is he either becomes a Darkling (gloves appear when he becomes an old guy) or he has Luxu's heart shoved into him.

Oldanort and Time-traveling Younganort have the eyes and ears for different reasons

Yea, thats what my edit was for too. My personal guess has been that Luxu is the original "vessel". He happens to have the Recusants sigil (The X) in his name like Xehanort and his many vessels do, and he also happens to be the oldest instance of it. There comes a time where Xehanort gets the No Name keyblade hanging on the wall, and its very possible Luxu was Eraqus and Xehanort's original master. It ended up there somehow.

The only problem with this is the leaker said he didnt even know who Luxu was and he didnt show up in the game. However, it could specifically be tied to the epilogue/secret ending not currently there.

BigBluePig

Jul 5, 2018
Yea, thats what my edit was for too. My personal guess has been that Luxu is the original "vessel". He happens to have the Recuscient sigil (The X) in his name like Xehanort and his many vessels do, and he also happens to be the oldest instance of it. There comes a time where Xehanort gets the No Name keyblade hanging on the wall, and its very possible Luxu was Eraqus and Xehanort's original master. It ended up there somehow.

The only problem with this is the leaker said he didnt even know who Luxu was and he didnt show up in the game. However, it could specifically be tied to the epilogue/secret ending not currently there.

The leaker could also have been lying, or just... well... sometimes things he says turn out to not be true for various reasons if you catch my drift

Eien1no1Yami

Oct 30, 2017
The leaker just said Scala Ad Caelum is not explorable, just a battle location. hmmm

Actually the leaker already commented about the size of all the original worlds.

1) He already showed all of TT which seems to be the hub world this time around.
2)He already showed the realm of darkness which is 2 rooms.
3)He said that Keyblade Graveyard is around the same size as TT
4)He said that Scala ad Caeulum is not explorable.You can explore the place when the fight starts but probably the boss will hunt you down xD.

So you can see a pattern a here.All of the original worlds with the exception of TT are mostly story progression worlds with boss fights and cut-scenes.

Last edited:

oldboss

Nov 9, 2017
Actually the leaker actually commented about the size of all the original worlds.

1) He already showed all of TT which seems to be the hub world this time around.
2)He already showed the realm of darkness which is 2 rooms.
3)He said that Keyblade Graveyard is around the same size as TT
4)He said that Scala ad Caeulum is not explorable.You can explore the place when the fight starts but probably the boss will hunt you down xD.

So you can see a pattern a here.All of the original worlds with the exception of TT are mostly story progression worlds with boss fights and cut-scenes.

If true, this is really underwhelming. I was looking forward to more fleshed out worlds. This just feels rushed. What a fucking waste.

Eien1no1Yami

Oct 30, 2017
If true, this is really underwhelming. I was looking forward to more fleshed out worlds. This just feels rushed. What a fucking waste.
I don't think it's rushed.You might as well give them another year and you would still end up with the same size.
It has more to do with the budget.It seems that all the money went to flesh out all of the disney worlds and be as close as possible to the original material.
Keep in mind though, I was talking about the original worlds, not disney worlds.
The disney worlds seem to be really fleshed out this time around and significanlty bigger than the previous games.
Sure there will some that are better than others but personally if you asked from these what I would pick as the highlight from the game without knowing the
story it would be the disney worlds this time around.

haolee510

Banned
Dec 27, 2018
i think its the japanese version with chinese subtitles or something. the HK store has two copies of kh3 one releasing on 25th and the other on 29th
It's English. Most Asian countries aside from Japan, Chinese(China/Taiwan/HK), and Korea get an Asian English release for games, which usually is exactly the same as the NA/EU versions. Some games do have the O/X or A/B input swapped though.

One memorable case recently is the Caligula Effect: Overdose PS4 remake, which is coming this March for NA/EU, but has already been available with the exact same localization since last October in Asia, both physically and digitally. Imagine if a game of KH's caliber get released like that lmao.

Last edited:

ThatGuyAnsem

Jan 9, 2019
I'm a bit bummed about not being able to explore more of Scala Ad Caelum or the Keyblade Graveyard considering KH1 & 2's final words. But it seems they have filled what they have made with more content which is fine by me. Twilight Town i feel is an understandable loss, imo there's no real reason to explore all of it again. Would be nice in HD but really not much point. Radiant Garden i definitely feel is being saved for Final Fantasy themed DLC

oldboss

Nov 9, 2017
I don't think it's rushed.You might as well give them another year and you would still end up with the same size.
It has more to do with the budget.It seems that all the money went to flesh out all of the disney worlds and be as close as possible to the original material.
Keep in mind though, I was talking about the original worlds, not disney worlds.
The disney worlds seem to be really fleshed out this time around and significanlty bigger than the previous games.
Sure there will some that are better than others but personally if you asked from these what I would pick as the highlight from the game without knowing the
story it would be the disney worlds this time around.

That's my problem. I was really looking forward to the KH universe related worlds. The Disney worlds do seem really nice, thing is, I've always liked the KH worlds more, as barren as they may have been. Even if they usually represent about only 15% of the game world. And when I see how much has been cut from Twilight Town, for instance, I can't help but wonder how much actual time we will be spending in those worlds. Bosses excluded.

HollowDash

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
I don't think that regarding the world sizes the leaker is trying to lie. I mean, he already showed a whole footage of Twilight Town, including the part where he can leave the world and not being able to enter the Mansion.

Unless Scala ad Caelum is simply awesome and the leaker is hiding, it really doensn't seem he's lying at all.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
I don't think that regarding the world sizes the leaker is trying to lie. I mean, he already showed a whole footage of Twilight Town, including the part where he can leave the world and not being able to enter the Mansion.

Unless Scala ad Caelum is simply awesome and the leaker is hiding, it really doensn't seem he's lying at all.
It's just extremely bizarre when combined with the fact that Nomura says it's his favorite world in the whole series (this was only back in August) and it's something that he's been wanting to do ever since his early work on Final Fantasy. Someone else on the team cryptically said the final world is a place where "you can do anything." So... Something's fishy. Either a whole lot has been cut just in the last few months, the leaker is being either untruthful or unclear with what he's saying, or the final battle itself is on a very grand scale which gives Scala ad Caelum an early point of no return.

Edit: For what it's worth, the trophy list does have a trophy for starting the final battle, and another trophy for beating the game. So that last option doesn't seem all that unlikely.

Eien1no1Yami

Oct 30, 2017

The leaker did find the final battle sequence "fun and hype". That was his wording.

So Scala not explorable but final fight "fun and hype".Now by that I don't know what he means of course
but I too don't think he's hiding anything.

Last edited:

Ryuman

Nov 1, 2017

But that doesn't explain why he wouldn't have those features later on. They're not temporary. He can't use the Keyblade either. That instance was because MX's consciousness possessed him during Mickey's Stopza spell when the recompletion was happening.

Last edited: