• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I broke and looked at the spoilers. I am weak. The OG worlds being so small is disappointing considering that they were always my favorite worlds in each KH game.

Ultima required 7 orichalum+'s so if he really thought he'd get 7 from doing that, I have no idea what he's thinking. I could see Nomura putting it behind the classic kingdom games.
Yep. Just look at KH2 and how both Atlantica and 100 Acre Wood were required for Ultima.

fayaine

Mar 10, 2018
Ultima required 7 orichalum+'s so if he really thought he'd get 7 from doing that, I have no idea what he's thinking. I could see Nomura putting it behind the classic kingdom games.

that would be fairly horrible. Or and thats unlikely Day 1 Stuff locks it for now xD Like a secret boss dropping one or in general screwing early players with not being able to unlock it later

Dec 25, 2018
mainly that it seems like a lot of people are hailing the day 1 patch to fix all the problems in the game, when in reality we have no idea what it will entail.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
mainly that it seems like a lot of people are hailing the day 1 patch to fix all the problems in the game, when in reality we have no idea what it will entail.
It's probably just gonna be the videos.

The people always do this and the day1 patches NEVER deliver rofl.

I though you were laughing at him for implying that, sorry.

Eien1no1Yami

Oct 30, 2017

I mean after the battle portals leak personally I don't
think it has to.
At first I was kinda disappointed that the game didn't have the Colosseum and not optional battles.
But now we know there are 14 battle portals and 1 one of them contains a secret boss which is a unique Heartless.
We also know from the trophy list these is one unique Gummi boss battle.
I would have liked a secret humanoid battle too and maybe there is one who knows after all of this, but even if there isn't
the game does have extra battle content, it's not only mini games which one of my worries.
Will it be as good as it was in the other KH games?That it depends on how satisfactory is the combat so we'll see.
I gotta say though that as the week progressed my disappointment I had with the lack of content is starting to fade.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I just want some additional difficulty tuning and load optimization. Those two both seem obvious.

Eien1no1Yami

Oct 30, 2017
RIP for all the "day 1 patch will fix everything"
I mean...this was absurd to begin with.
It's like saying :
"Man, God of war has only 5 realms out 9 and only 3 of them are explorable.
When going to jotunheim it triggers the final sequence and after that there is literally nothing on it.
1 day one patch better add this, because I'm gonna explode..."
It's ridiculous

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
10GB patch only adding the epilogue and secret movie. I can't imagine how much more messed up these people are going to get after this.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I mean...this was absurd to begin with.
It's like saying :
"Man, God of war has only 5 realms out 9 and only 3 of them are explorable.
When going to jotunheim it triggers the final sequence and after that there is literally nothing on it.
1 day one patch better add this, because I'm gonna explode..."
It's ridiculous

Great way to put it

10GB patch adding the Epilogue and secret movie. I can't imagine how much messed in these people are going to get after this.

It also says data fixes, so it also corrects bugs and glitches, might even reduce load times

HollowDash

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
My only 2 wishes from the day 1 patch were critical being availiable from the start and load time's reduced. Turning the glowing walls at best

ThatGuyAnsem

Jan 9, 2019
I think the Day One patch will have the secret boss locked behind it. Considering that the main secret bosses in the Final Mixes where teasers for later games. Xemnas in KH1, Terra in KH2 and Young Xehanort in KHBBS. So with the secret ending being behind the patch, the secret boss probably will be as well.

ImTheQueen

Jan 10, 2019
Both Epilogue and Secret ending are marked explicitly as 'video' in the tweets. I wouldn't expect anything playable out of them.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Chaserjoey what is this tonnes of post game content you're talking about? Or was that just to throw people off?
They found a bunch of battle portals across the worlds (pretty much a gauntlet challenge with difficult enemies), a secret boss, gummi ship boss battles.

On top of that we have the flantastic seven flan missions, lucky mickey emblems to photograph (replacing stickers, apparently), ingredients to collect and recipes to cook, the moogle photo missions, synthesis, secret reports, world exclusive mini-games (dancing in Corona, sliding in Arendelle, giga robot challenge in Toy Box, data collection in San Fransokyo), the 20-ish Classic Kingdom mini-games, that Vexum Rex game in Toy Box, and probably a lot more that I forgot.

Pretty much like, a week ago the leaker was like "I searched all the worlds there's no post-game content" and then they found the battle portals. They said there was no secret boss and then they found the secret boss. There's a side-content as well, so it's not like the game doesn't have content in it.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Oh I figured that was it. I wouldn't consider that tonnes at all personally. That's as comparable to vanilla KH2.
I did a count a few weeks ago when we learnt they lied about the battle portals and I believe KH3 had pulled out ahead in terms of optional side content.

But it's more to show that there's actually stuff to do inside the game that isn't the main story, which is what people hear when others write "there's no post-game or side content".

Dec 25, 2018
Idk, I don't really consider mini games real "side content" could just be me, but in KH2 you had synthesis, sephiroth, all 10 coliseum battles, and even could redo struggle battles.

I know we have battle gates, but I doubt any of them are as insane as the hades paradox

KingdomKey

Oct 27, 2017
I belive KH3 will have more side-content than KH2 vanilla had, isn't hard to beat that at least.

I personally never bothered much with the coliseum battles in 2 anyways, so that's not a big deal for me. Wasn't a fan of the restrictions and not getting EXP through them.

The only thing I am a bit disappointed at is the lack of superbosses. Still hoping for some future updates/dlc to add some bosses.

Eien1no1Yami

Oct 30, 2017
I also don't think that the leaker has anything else to offer in terms of insights about the game.
He may find some addtional optional stuff but whatever, he already found enough...

The only importal things now that haven't leaked are the boss battles
and story spoilers.....to which he said he won't leak them anyway.
At this point we're kind of keep recycling the same stuff.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Is there a good place to read up on all that's been spoiled so far? Cause reading 88 pages is a bit much right now haha.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a good place to read up on all that's been spoiled so far? Cause reading 88 pages is a bit much right now haha.
He posted a bunch of videos from a few worlds. They all look pretty. Big Hero 6 is huge but pretty barren.

He's not spoiling the story.

Postgame content is very poor apparently. 14 battlegates where you fight beefed up heartless and only 1 of them had a heartless boss.

Gummiship apparently has a boss too.

Combat looks worse than 2FM.

Dec 25, 2018
13 keyblades in the game and a lot of them have similar transformations, abilities are confirmed and as well as leveling keyblades and synthesis

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Was NG+ ever in Kingdom Hearts? I don't recall it being there so I don't know why people expected it in KH3.

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
Of everything I could ask in a day 1 patch, I hope NG+ is added.
Yeah, I'd definitely be into a KH game getting New Game Plus in some form.

I'd like to see your levels reset, though (simply having super beefy stats would quickly get boring), but keep a lot of your abilities and stuff.

In KH3's case, resetting levels/story-tied ability/stat upgrades but keeping all of your equipment (including your leveled-up keyblades) would be cool.
It was in 0.2 but that was because of objectives
I mean, it carries over your mission completion stuff, but definitely doesn't carry over Aqua's level/stats IIRC.

Ultraviolence

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So how is y'alls excitement for the game now? Personally I'm still very excited for the game because the combat looks as fun as I hoped it was. In a way, I'm kind of glad the leaker sucks ass at the game because that way I can still go in and experiment with all the aspects of combat. I'm also interested because I think this is the first time since KH1 where the Disney worlds actually matter so that's going to be an interesting experience to me considering I never cared about Disney aspect of KH before.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I'm still insanely hyped, every time I see this thread updated I get in as quick as possible to see if it's a new leak.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still very excited for the game. I can't wait to explore the worlds, see and talk with all of the characters, fight the bosses, invest in the combat system, etc. These leaks haven't lowered my excitement at all.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
So how is y'alls excitement for the game now? Personally I'm still very excited for the game because the combat looks as fun as I hoped it was. In a way, I'm kind of glad the leaker sucks ass at the game because that way I can still go in and experiment with all the aspects of combat. I'm also interested because I think this is the first time since KH1 where the Disney worlds actually matter so that's going to be an interesting experience to me considering I never cared about Disney aspect of KH before.

Hype is over 9000!!!!
22CB8FE7C2EB5FBFC7FF00E70559F7BA9E2F6386