• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
As a massive TWEWY fan I'd be mad salty if the next TWEWY game is some KH spin off after we've been through years of sequel teasing at this point lmao.
Oh of course this would be KH so Disney stuff definitely. Shibuya would be a hub or something. "Trials" are Disney worlds. TWEWY2 will be its own thing.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Oh of course this would be KH so Disney stuff definitely. Shibuya would be a hub or something. "Trials" are Disney worlds. TWEWY2 will be its own thing.
I could see that. TWEWY spoilers-

I'm sure when it comes to tying in TWEWY stuff in KH Joshua would be pretty easy to write since he can easily be rewritten as near omniscient and thus could give Yozora missions in disney worlds. Wonder how any other TWEWY characters would tie in though, even if they would considering I'm sure they would need to set some characters up with relations to Yozora.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
As a massive TWEWY fan I'd be mad salty if the next TWEWY game is some KH spin off after we've been through years of sequel teasing at this point lmao. I guess at this point I'll take what I can get but eh

I'm still pissed at live remixes new ending to be quite frank, I hope that is dealt with first before any extra kh stuff

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Sora was always gonna be more important that Yozora. It's why I'm hesitant to ascribe to the idea that we will be getting a Yozora-alone game. KH is Sora, and Nomura has made that clear imo when he said Sora would remain the main character after the Xehanort saga.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, so since this is a spoiler thread about Re:Mind and it's privy to spoilers on KHUx, since we talked about the pod, I wanna bring up something big, REALLY big, that the January update brought to the forefront.

This is a video by somebody who has been cataloguing "The Full Story Of KHUx Explained," and in the newest part he's been piecing together information regarding both Re:Mind and the Jan Update that brings an immensely important plot point into the fold.

A small part of this is speculation, but everything else is firmly confirmed in the text, and is quite revealing about a threat that has been brewing for a long time in the canon thus far, and is super duper interesting.

Be Warned: Spoilers for both Union X and Re:Mind, not that you should be surprised considering where it is.

It blew my goddamn mind when he started bringing up the Anti-Black Coat. I was always thinking about that, going, "What in the world was that fight? It couldn't possibly just be some random thing protecting Sora from Riku, there has to be a purpose to it."

And you know what? Maybe it isn't Capital D-Arkness, who knows. Maybe they were particularly strong manifestations of darkness formed as Nightmares since they were in the realm of sleep. It's possible, sure.

But this? This ties it all toegether. When people say Kingdom Hearts retcons it's shit to hell and back, my eyes roll into the back of my skull. Stuff like this? This is respect. This is the lore of the series coming into all the right places.

This is the kind of "stupid shit" people heap praise upon praise onto Dark Souls for, taking the past and the written, and giving it meaning in the future. This is one of the reasons I love this series so much.

They are so concerned with tying up loose ends and making the most out of any opportunities they created in the past that they gave a reason for Mickey to lose his shirt in order to preserve continuity. Some call that stupid, I call that giving a shit.

Regardless, very interesting development, especially since Vanitas was way too big a deal considering the expanse of his power for him to become just another bit part in the finale. Who cares if Luxord (still love him) drove a car in an alternate universe, we might have our next series bad guy right now!

Let's look forward to more info as Union X comes to a close.

I just watched all of this and damn what an interesting story. Can't believe it's stuck to a mobile game.

So the union leaders in secret reports Luxu wrote werent talking about Ira, Invi etc, it was talking About Ephemer, Skuld, Brain...?

I also really liked the Ava is Darkness theory he talked about. Shame that one isn't looking to be true :/

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
I just watched all of this and damn what an interesting story. Can't believe it's stuck to a mobile game.

So the union leaders in secret reports Luxu wrote werent talking about Ira, Invi etc, it was talking About Ephemer, Skuld, Brain...?

I also really liked the Ava is Darkness theory he talked about. Shame that one isn't looking to be true :/

Yeah, it's not the Foretellers but their successors for sure.

It's also confirmed that Eraqus is descended from one of the Union Leaders(MX rues about Eraqus being a blue blood) and the only one he looks like is Brain.

xDpCNcy_d.jpg

And Ephemer seems to be left behind as well since he's basically confirmed dead as he shows up at the Keyblade Graveyard.

So the ones that we know for sure end up in the future are: Lauriam, Ventus and Elrena.

I feel Skuld is basically confirmed to be Subject X at this point too.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
But what if the anti black coat is yozora?
Its found in an extreme deep dive into Sora's heart, which at the time was still facilitating Ventus' Heart and during ReMind we see a cutscene that is 1:1 to 3D's cutscene with a black void covering the Station of Awakening before fighting the "Darkness" in Ventus' heart. Anti-Black Cloak is 100% Darkness, which is crazy to think about as Vanitas was already extracted from his heart and thus Ventus still had bits of Darkness within him. Thinking about it Vanitas wanted his other half that was still sleeping in Sora during the main story of KHIII, which is still Ventus but I also think he meant that he wanted to become whole again and have the same powers he did when he was still Darkness.
This is also a huge implication to why Sora was never able to fully become a Keyblade Master for so long or why Xehanort had taking such a liking to him, Sora had the original Darkness lying way down in his heart.
Yeah, it's not the Foretellers but their successors for sure.

It's also confirmed that Eraqus is descended from one of the Union Leaders(MX rues about Eraqus being a blue blood) and the only one he looks like is Brain.

xDpCNcy_d.jpg

And Ephemer seems to be left behind as well since he's basically confirmed dead as he shows up at the Keyblade Graveyard.

So the ones that we know for sure end up in the future are: Lauriam, Ventus and Elrena.

I feel Skuld is basically confirmed to be Subject X at this point too.
Subject X definitely feels like Skuld, but I'm kinda surprised they didn't use her to create Xion. Brain being the ancestor of Eraqus definitely makes sense, I don't see him or Ephemer travelling to the future either. Elrena, Lauriam, Skuld, Ventus, and whoever else sure, but not Brain and Ephemer.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
To further the Brain stuff, IIRC that art with his face visible didn't happen until close to 3 coming out and when Brain first showed up we never ever saw his face, even in game. It was a kind of reveal moment, so the fact he looks like young Eraqus is meant to stick in your craw, I think.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
Subject X definitely feels like Skuld, but I'm kinda surprised they didn't use her to create Xion.

I can see a retcon happening with Xion's origins to tie her with Skuld. Something along the lines of Xion's appearence being influenced by Lea remembering "Subject X" and Ventus remembering Skuld through Roxas.

Skuld and Ventus are close friends in Union X. That's an intentional parallel to Roxas and Xion. The ending of ReMind tells us that Roxas and Xions memories are going to be accessed, that sounds like a plot thread to link back to Skuld.

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
I can see a retcon happening with Xion's origins to tie her with Skuld. Something along the lines of Xion's appearence being influenced by Lea remembering "Subject X" and Ventus remembering Skuld through Roxas.

Skuld and Ventus are close friends in Union X. That's an intentional parallel to Roxas and Xion. The ending of ReMind tells us that Roxas and Xions memories are going to be accessed, that sounds like a plot thread to link back to Skuld.
or:
"wow, we both have black hair, neat!"
"neat"

done.

clockstrikes

Oct 27, 2017
To further the Brain stuff, IIRC that art with his face visible didn't happen until close to 3 coming out and when Brain first showed up we never ever saw his face, even in game. It was a kind of reveal moment, so the fact he looks like young Eraqus is meant to stick in your craw, I think.

Yep, iirc Brain's face became visible in the update that released on the same day as KH3's secret ending patch.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Sora being trapped and needing to be saved is nothing out of the question for the KH series though

It's not, but it wasn't a central focus for an entire game. It happened in KH2 (where you play as Roxas at the beginning before Sora wakes up) and DDD (where at the end you play as Riku to help rescue Sora), both of which still had him as the main character.

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
Nomura put that bad ending there for a reason. It's not like it was put there as a participation trophy.

Going by just the file name is pushing it imo.

Ryuman

Nov 1, 2017

Not surprising in the least. Though it has been my thinking that the bad ending is teasing an event to come, whereas the true end puts that on hold. Yozora suggests that his powers aren't needed "yet". I doubt Yozora would just disappear and not show up again to carry out his mission. Of course they could use Yozora as an enemy and have this be the threat, but still... Why show us Sora being crystallised if they weren't going to do it eventually?

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
We have no idea if anything that happens in the secret episode is canon at all.
Lord Vatek beat me to it.

Zero reason for it to exist if it's not canon to the plot in anyway. Nomura did the same thing with YX in BBS where the fight was canon but the gameplay wasn't.

Either way, that's kind of irrelevant to what I'm saying. The point is that one ending can still hint at something without it being the true ending.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
General rule of thumb I take with KH is everything is canon unless explicitly stated otherwise.

Only time they've ever gone out of their say to state something was non-canon was KH1 Sephiroth and Armor of Eraqus/No Heart in BBSFM.

So I'm sure elements of both endings will find their way into future games be it part of some grand plan or some dumb contrivance. This is KH, y'all. Nothing's too out of bounds at this point.

Deleted member 42105

Banned
Apr 13, 2018
Either way, that's kind of irrelevant to what I'm saying. The point is that one ending can still hint at something without it being the true ending.

Of course, but I'm surprised that you're on boat with the true ending being canon just because Sora is the main character though. Almost every game in the series has had a bad ending. This really isn't anything out of the ordinary.

Ryuman

Nov 1, 2017
If it wasn't a canon encounter, it wouldn't have been its own Secret Episode with high quality, fully voice acted cutscenes.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Of course, but I'm surprised that you're on boat with the true ending being canon just because Sora is the main character though. Almost every game in the series has had a bad ending. This really isn't anything out of the ordinary.

We've never had a KH game with two endings of the same scene where one of them ends with the main character encased in crystal. Sora was never forcefully trapped at the ending of any game in this series. CoM was the only one where he was confined for a period of time and that was solely his choice.

Deleted member 42105

Banned
Apr 13, 2018
We've never had a KH game with two endings of the same scene where one of them ends with the main character encased in crystal. Sora was never forcefully trapped at the ending of any game in this series. CoM was the only one where he was confined for a period of time and that was solely his choice.

Personally I don't think him being encased in crystal is as bad as getting Thanos'd lol but yeah I see where you're coming from.

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
General rule of thumb I take with KH is everything is canon unless explicitly stated otherwise.

Only time they've ever gone out of their say to state something was non-canon was KH1 Sephiroth and Armor of Eraqus/No Heart in BBSFM.

So I'm sure elements of both endings will find their way into future games be it part of some grand plan or some dumb contrivance. This is KH, y'all. Nothing's too out of bounds at this point.
speaking of which, it's kinda a shame that the No Heart armor design from KH2/BBSFM basically got completely retired. imo it's cooler than the goat/scapegoat armor

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
With how Nomura twists and turns the story and aspects of it, the labels of True and Bad ending really don't mean much. They can both be canon in some way, in a similar way as PC and mobile KHUX are (or something completely different)

Feb 5, 2018

Yeah but they literally say that Xion is Kairi as Sora remembers her. Why would they stamp over that?

Anyway, if Strelitzia is dead and Ephemer is also likely dead due to showing up in the Keyblade graveyard as some sort of spirit, then:

- Skuld
- Ventus
- Lauriam
- Elrena

are at least the 4 that jump forward. It seems Demyx and Luxord are from something else entirely, and Brain may stay in the past to progenate his bloodline (Eraqus looks like his descendant). My guess is Luxu gave Brain No Name, and as it was passed down, Xehanort finally inherited it.

That still leaves one more person, and Im not sure whom it could in fact be.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah but they literally say that Xion is Kairi as Sora remembers her. Why would they stamp over that?

Anyway, if Strelitzia is dead and Ephemer is also likely dead due to showing up in the Keyblade graveyard as some sort of spirit, then:

- Skuld
- Ventus
- Lauriam
- Elrena

are at least the 4 that jump forward. It seems Demyx and Luxord are from something else entirely, and Brain may stay in the past to progenate his bloodline (Eraqus looks like his descendant). My guess is Luxu gave Brain No Name, and as it was passed down, Xehanort finally inherited it.

That still leaves one more person, and Im not sure whom it could in fact be.
Ava is a pretty obvious possibility.

Feb 5, 2018
Ava is a pretty obvious possibility.
Ah, crap yes lmao that makes sense

Ava is kairi grandma.

#Ibelieve

Considering Subject X arrived where she did alone and Ventus arrived at least for 14 years before KH1 when he met Xehanort, its very possible all 5 made the jump at different times. Elrena and Lauriam would have been the most recent too, considering it looks like they jumped and almost immediately became nobodies.

But holy fuck I like this idea of Ava being Kairi's grandmother only because Kairi allegedly has some odd importance to Hollow Bastion.

clockstrikes

Oct 27, 2017
Feels like we're missing something on account of Luxu's report claiming that all five Union leaders made the jump into another worldline.