[UNMARKED SPOILERS] Kingdom Hearts III - Spoiler Thread

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I was stunned to see how much of the ending and story going into the next arc ties solely into the mobile game. I haven't followed it at all, but is this something that is going to get major story updates post KH3 that will need to be followed into the next set of games? Any word on that?
We already have a "movie" with the plot about the foretellers in KH3 engine in the prologue collection. That's the part that has the most references in KH3

Beware: Everything not involving the Master is pretty boring

The rest of the mobile game will probably get a "Re:" version soon. That plot was slightly referenced with Marluxia and Larxene giving cryptic hints that they now remember their time as Lauriam and Elrena

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
The Waffle Kingdom
I wouldn't be surprised if Xemnas was just stringing them along to get them on his side and he never had any plans for them at all.
Sure, why not. I was expecting more but I guess I'll just go with that + it being the reason for their initial selection.

We already have a "movie" with the plot about the foretellers in KH3 engine in the prologue collection.

The rest of the mobile game will probably get a "Re:" version soon
I wonder how they'll handle that considering that it's still ongoing. I'm assuming they'll select a cut-off point and continue to remake it in chunks as long as the mobile game is making them money?

Oct 27, 2017
We already have a "movie" with the plot about the foretellers in KH3 engine in the prologue collection.

The rest of the mobile game will probably get a "Re:" version soon
Union X is still getting updated. I wouldn't expect an Re: version of that game for the near term. Maybe a game set during that era that overlaps with certain events, but I wouldn't expect the mobile game as a whole to be adapted into a console title.

Oct 27, 2017
Yes. The game is updated with new story content every couple of months.

For KH3 though, all you really need is the Back Cover movie from the 2.8 collection.
Yeah, I checked that out, but was wondering if I shouldn't start playing it in case they were going to really kick up the story bits again going forward.

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Sure, why not. I was expecting more but I guess I'll just go with that + it being the reason for their initial selection.

I wonder how they'll handle that considering that it's still ongoing. I'm assuming they'll select a cut-off point and continue to remake it in chunks as long as the mobile game is making them money?
This is my guess

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Haha yeah, it'd be completely in character.

Hmm. I honestly rather like the sound of that so hope it happens. It'd need some fleshing out but UX actually has some rather compelling bits in it in my opinion. And Daybreak Town as a 3D hub would be pretty sweet.
I'm amazed at how likeable some of the UX characters are when they're literally cardboard cutouts

Did they ever explain what happened to the Lingering Will?
I think It's implied it didn't make it ):

Terranort is seen just fine after that

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand the "endless magic" ability of Mickey clasp. I thought it meant magic would not consume the MP gauge. So how does it actually work?

Oct 25, 2017
I've noticed that the game sometime gives you a cool down when you're spamming magic, I think Endless Magic gets rid of that cooldown. Still kinda useful depending how much you use magic.
Oh really? I hadn't noticed that. Well, I guess it has been helping me without me taking note. I spam Thundaga a lot lol

Oct 28, 2017
So are we to assume that after Sora restore's everyone's hearts, he also time travels back to when they first all arrived in the Keyblade Graveyard? It doesn't make that very clear but no one seems to go into the next scene with any knowledge of what happened previously.

Oct 25, 2017
Europe
So are we to assume that after Sora restore's everyone's hearts, he also time travels back to when they first all arrived in the Keyblade Graveyard? It doesn't make that very clear but no one seems to go into the next scene with any knowledge of what happened previously.
That's exactly what happens. I'm just not sure how. Deus ex Machina?

That's exactly what happens. I'm just not sure how. Deus ex Machina?
Apparently what actually happened is that they hopped over to a completely different timeline that wasn’t lost to darkness.

The mobile game introduces the concept of “worldlines” ie multiple timelines and this part of KH3 takes advantage of that.

Which means that the entire timeline we’ve been playing through for 7 games is canonically lost to darkness.

Nov 1, 2017
Apparently what actually happened is that they hopped over to a completely different timeline that wasn’t lost to darkness.

The mobile game introduces the concept of “worldlines” ie multiple timelines and this part of KH3 takes advantage of that.

Which means that the entire timeline we’ve been playing through for 7 games is canonically lost to darkness.
... fuck that.

Oct 27, 2017
That section was so poorly conveyed >.<

Oct 26, 2017
Officially finished this just moments ago, secret movie included.

That was maybe the first time I've felt legitimately sad over a KH secret movie. I thought Sora's adventure was finally at an end and he would get to finally rest at his island with Kairi, but they go and have him ending up in...TWEWY? Real life Shibuya? The holographic world of Shibuya?

Leave my poor baby boy alone, Nomura. He's seen more shit than Solid Snake at this point. Let him rest. :(

Oct 22, 2018
So finally beat the story. 30 hours on standard/normal. I actually really enjoyed it. Combat felt amazing. Since I didn't meet the requirements for the secret ending during my playthrough, I watched it online. So, does that tease two SE properties possibly being included in KH down the line?

Oct 26, 2017
So finally beat the story. 30 hours on standard/normal. I actually really enjoyed it. Combat felt amazing. Since I didn't meet the requirements for the secret ending during my playthrough, I watched it online. So, does that tease two SE properties possibly being included in KH down the line?
Isn't Riku just in Verum Rex?

I feel if they actually do a world out of that it'll just continue the joke of being Not-Versus.

Or maybe Nomura really is crazy enough to put actual Versus in the game.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
TWEWY was already used in Dream Drop Distance, so it wouldn't be a stretch for them to do it again (though I hope they WON'T do it directly).

The Yozora stuff is...hard to parse exactly what the intent is.

Oct 26, 2017

So you are telling me Kingdom Hearts was a Zero escape game all along ?

Oct 27, 2017
I think Twilight Town has seen its share of weird shit.

"Hey, remember that wizard's tower that was just outside town for a year and suddenly vanished?"
It was never really a part of Twilight Town. The "ghost train" would just disappear when it got far enough away from town.