[UNMARKED SPOILERS] Kingdom Hearts III - Spoiler Thread

Jul 5, 2018
Apparently what actually happened is that they hopped over to a completely different timeline that wasn’t lost to darkness.

The mobile game introduces the concept of “worldlines” ie multiple timelines and this part of KH3 takes advantage of that.

Which means that the entire timeline we’ve been playing through for 7 games is canonically lost to darkness.
There's nothing to suggest that any of this is true.

LAA

Oct 28, 2017
Apparently what actually happened is that they hopped over to a completely different timeline that wasn’t lost to darkness.

The mobile game introduces the concept of “worldlines” ie multiple timelines and this part of KH3 takes advantage of that.

Which means that the entire timeline we’ve been playing through for 7 games is canonically lost to darkness.
Interesting theory, but not sure it's true because Namine helps summon lingering will in their current world line, unless the final world isn't bound to any world line or simply namine has special powers.

malyse

Community Resetter
We don't know if worldlines are timelines or not. The Dandelions were always in a separate realm from the main series and from the original computer/phone game
Yup. In [chi] you fight in the Keyblade War and fucking lose. In Unchained you go back to before the war and somehow avoid participation and at some point someone gets Luxu's horned lion key and we all jump to a new worldline. Between X, 3D, and 3 they've added more lore than all the other games combined.

Oct 25, 2017
The Waffle Kingdom
Hey, isn't it a bit strange that Xigbar / Luxu retained the Xehanort eye in the epilogue? He didn't start out that way as seen in Birth By Sleep. And the other ex-organization members appear to have reverted as you'd expect, going by Even in the ending.

...is it just because he looks like a cooler villain that way?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Hey, isn't it a bit strange that Xigbar / Luxu retained the Xehanort eye in the epilogue? He didn't start out that way as seen in Birth By Sleep. And the other ex-organization members appear to have reverted as you'd expect, going by Even in the ending.

Nomura forgot.

Jan 11, 2018
those who wield the MoM's keyblade have yellow eyes.

or nomura forgot.
It's definitely not that. Xigbar/Luxu had normal eyes before becoming a vessel for Xehanort. Aqua also had them after being corrupted by darkness.

Yellow eyes are just synonymous with darkness, but you most likely need to have a very deep connection with the darkness to gain them as none of the Organization had them. They only gained them when they took on a piece of Xehanort's heart.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of the yellow eyes. Why is it that characters in KH1/KH2/BBS have amber eyes when influenced by darkness but all the Norts have golden yellow eyes in 3? Why the change? The almost-orange amber looks way more unnatural and it also just looks cooler.

And then Ansem the Wise/OG Ansem have orange eyes, which are even better.

Oct 25, 2017
The Waffle Kingdom
Speaking of the yellow eyes. Why is it that characters in KH1/KH2/BBS have amber eyes when influenced by darkness but all the Norts have golden yellow eyes in 3? Why the change? The almost-orange amber looks way more unnatural and it also just looks cooler.

Boring answer, but I think that's just an art style change like Riku's eye colour in 3. I preferred the old look too.

Jan 11, 2018

Xehanort and Terranort always had yellow eyes in BBS. The amber eyes were only a thing in KH and KH2 with Ansem, Xemnas, and Terranort.

bunkitz

Oct 28, 2017
We don't know if worldlines are timelines or not. The Dandelions were always in a separate realm from the main series and from the original computer/phone game
Hmm, fair enough. I would be surprised if it didn't function similarly, though. It'd be nice if we got a clear definition of "worldlines" eventually.

I expect this to be intentional in order to serve as a backdoor in case Nomura wants to bring Xehanort back somehow through the fragment left in Xigbar.

Or... Yeah, Nomura forgot. I hope not, to be honest.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah about that is armor has an animal head just like the lost masters have animal masks. I wonder if there is a connection here.
The symbol of No Name/Gazing Eye is a demonic goat. So it seems like the goat armor is based off of that.

Which just makes Xehanort's weird Nobody King armor from KH2/BBS all the more confusing when you think about it. Where did THAT come from and where did it end up?

Oct 25, 2017
The Waffle Kingdom
I expect this to be intentional in order to serve as a backdoor in case Nomura wants to bring Xehanort back somehow through the fragment left in Xigbar.

Or... Yeah, Nomura forgot. I hope not, to be honest.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. I can't think of anything else, it just seems like it's supposed to imply he still has his Xehanort fragment inside of him, which I suppose does make some sense since he didn't fade like the other organization members.

I don't think that's going to go anywhere anytime soon, but it definitely does feel like a backdoor of sorts. Gotta wait till KH7. :P

Nov 1, 2017
Something I just noticed going through selfie photos, it looks like Sora's character model is different at the end of the world when compared to the one in the Keyblade Graveyard. Edit: I may have been transformed, just realised that.

I was also wondering what happened to Vexen and Demyx after the end of KH3 if they're still part Xehanort, I seem to remember Vexen having the eyes. Could it even be a free life as it's not like its implied any of the organisation members from the present actually died after their battles?

Oct 25, 2017
So like... did Luxu snatch the body of a real man named Braig or did he just magic himself up the body from scratch and start going by Braig?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Something I just noticed going through selfie photos, it looks like Sora's character model is different at the end of the world when compared to the one in the Keyblade Graveyard. Edit: I may have been transformed, just realised that.

I was also wondering what happened to Vexen and Demyx after the end of KH3 if they're still part Xehanort, I seem to remember Vexen having the eyes. Could it even be a free life as it's not like its implied any of the organisation members from the present actually died after their battles?
Vexen's eyes are back to normal in the ending, I believe. Demyx never shows up again after he drops off the 'present' with Ienzo.

So like... did Luxu snatch the body of a real man named Braig or did he just magic himself up the body from scratch and start going by Braig?
I'm not sure it matters either way, honestly.

Oct 27, 2017
I was just curious since it makes him more obviously evil if he just straight up stole someone's identity lol.
Either way, Luxu changed a lot over the years. Compare his personality while talking to MoM in Back Cover to literally any other point in time he appeared as Braig/Xigbar.

Oct 25, 2017
Either way, Luxu changed a lot over the years. Compare his personality while talking to MoM in Back Cover to literally any other point in time he appeared as Braig/Xigbar.
For sure. I actually suspected Xigbar was the Master before Luxu since his trollish personality matched him more.

Oct 27, 2017
So, uh... did I miss something with the hinting about seven new princesses of heart in this game (Of whom Elsa and Rapunzel seemed to be 2)? It's a plot point that seemingly vanishes in the last third of the game.

Or the Maleficent/Pete sub-plot... did literally anything even happen there?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
So, uh... did I miss something with the hinting about seven new princesses of heart in this game (Of whom Elsa and Rapunzel seemed to be 2)? It's a plot point that seemingly vanishes in the last third of the game.

The New Seven Hearts was a “backup plan” the Org was gonna use if Sora never found the rest of the seven guardians. They ended up not needing them.

And Maleficent’s arc is just setup for the next story probably.

Oct 26, 2017
The final parts of the game feels rushed. I expected to explore realm of darkness before rescuing Aqua, but what I got was a cutscene > a weaker version of a boss I fought in 2017 > a cutscene.

I also expected Scala ad Caelum to be the final explorable world and this game's World That Never Was/End of The world, but it was nothing, but a big boss fight arena lmao.

Oct 25, 2017
DFW

Xehanorts plan needs 7 lights vs 13 darknesses. The 7 lights don't HAVE to be the hero team, the princesses of hearts also count. So if Sora and co failed to gather 7 heroes or died in the process, they could kidnap the 7 princesses (like in KH1) to still create the x-blade.

Oct 25, 2017
Omega

The Maleficent/Pete sub-plot is probably going to play into the next story.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
The final parts of the game feels rushed. I expected to explore realm of darkness before rescuing Aqua, but what I got was a cutscene > a weaker version of a boss I fought in 2017 > a cutscene.

I also expected Scala ad Caelum to be the final explorable world and this game's World That Never Was/End of The world, but it was nothing, but a big boss fight arena lmao.
Scala is weird. The world music makes it pretty clear it was intended to be fully explorable, but I'm not really sure HOW they planned to do it. It feels more like a cut hub town than an actual dungeon world, if that makes sense?

Jan 6, 2018
For sure. I actually suspected Xigbar was the Master before Luxu since his trollish personality matched him more.
Dude, what if it's like a cycle and MoM is actually Luxu from the far future?

Edit: as this revelation came to me, Pursuit - Cornered from Phoenix Wright was playing in the background, lol.

Oct 27, 2017
The Maleficent/Pete sub-plot is probably going to play into the next story.
Xehanorts plan needs 7 lights vs 13 darknesses. The 7 lights don't HAVE to be the hero team, the princesses of hearts also count. So if Sora and co failed to gather 7 heroes or died in the process, they could kidnap the 7 princesses (like in KH1) to still create the x-blade.
The New Seven Hearts was a “backup plan” the Org was gonna use if Sora never found the rest of the seven guardians. They ended up not needing them.

And Maleficent’s arc is just setup for the next story probably.
That's actually kind of frustrating tbh... though at this point I shouldn't be surprised by plot points that are either pointless or all set up and no pay-off.

Thanks all for answering though. Appreciated.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Dude, what if it's like a cycle and MoM is actually Luxu from the far future?
That's actually kind of frustrating tbh... though at this point I shouldn't be surprised by plot points that are either pointless or all set up and no pay-off.

Thanks all for answering though. Appreciated.
To be fair, the characters outright mention the new Seven are a backup plan. It wasn’t really building to anything, it was more the Org telling Sora to do his job.

Jan 6, 2018
To be fair, the characters outright mention the new Seven are a backup plan. It wasn’t really building to anything, it was more the Org telling Sora to do his job.
The more I think about this, the less it makes sense. I mean, if you're Xehanort, why go through all that trouble of waiting for the good guys to gather their forces and then do battle with them, instead of just capturing the seven pure lights right away and create the Chiblade that way? Is there something I'm missing here or is this truly a huge plothole?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
The more I think about this, the less it makes sense. I mean, if you're Xehanort, why go through all that trouble of waiting for the good guys to gather their forces and then do battle with them, instead of just capturing the seven pure lights right away and create the Chiblade that way? Is there something I'm missing here or is this truly a huge plothole?
That’s why I’m saying I think it was just a veiled threat to motivate Sora: “do your job or we’ll steal a bunch of princesses again”.

Also, MX WANTS a Keyblade War. You don’t get one of those if you summon Kingdom Hearts with a bunch of non-wielders.