• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
emzXyo4.gif

JCawT84.gif

KingdomKey

Oct 27, 2017

If there's a crit mode in the files, that pretty much confirms they are working on it. That makes me happy.

In fact it might be for the best that they held off a bit to see what criticism the balancing on proud got to further work on making crit mode feeling good to play.

Having half the health and taking a significant amount of damage sounds like 0.2 crit mode. I liked the extra damage output in that game but you died far too easy from being stunlocked or projectiles from core heartless making it feel a bit unfair imo. Having half the MP sounds fair to me though, just hoping magic doesn't get buffed.

I wish square enix could just come out and say that they are working on it officially.

DawnChocobo

Jan 14, 2019
Just a random observation:

In the final battle, Sora mentions that a real leader knows that destiny is beyond his control.
Sound familiar? The MoM also believes that destiny is beyond control. He mentioned this to Ira in Back Cover when the latter asked if they could change the fate of the world and the upcoming war.

Sora might not be the MoM like most of you here have pointed out but it's an interesting POV to have in common.

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
Just a random observation:

In the final battle, Sora mentions that a real leader knows that destiny is beyond his control.
Sound familiar? The MoM also believes that destiny is beyond control. He mentioned this to Ira in Back Cover when the latter asked if they could change the fate of the world and the upcoming war.

Sora might not be the MoM like most of you here have pointed out but it's an interesting POV to have in common.
This one's more vague too, but the Master of Masters describes him dissapearing as

And while it's vague and may not relate to Sora the way his dissapearing is described by him is just so strangely similar to how i'd describe that scene.

I certainly think a different incarnation of Sora that got lost in time/worldlines would be a interesting route to take as the villain of the next saga. (not like it'd be that weird for his personality to be different too, considering how different Xigbar was to Luxu back in his earlier years)

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
Best moment in the game: Terra redeeming himself and revealing that he was the Guardian all along while Rage Awakened plays and he finally has his revenge on Xehanort. I know it had been theorized for a long time by fans but that was probably the most cathartic moment in the series bar Blank Points for me. I can safely consider Terra to be a badass character now albeit stupid. Having those three reunite made me extra sentimental. Yen Sid going all "you shall not pass" on everything was a pretty awesome moment too.

Some other side notes: Roxas coming back felt kinda weak in comparison. I think I was happier to see Xion back and on our side. Master Xehanort having a redemptive moment after the monstrous and terrible things he's done was tacky but expected from this series, though I will admit that the scenes with him and Eraqus were a little touching. Thrilled to see Namine come back into the swing of things but it was weird that Riku was the one to pick her up - where was Roxas? Lea's new outfit looks great. Isa is such a weird character to me, I don't get his motivations at all other than jealousy.

The constant killing and reviving of Kairi is getting irritating considering she has barely been a character since the first game. Either make her a full-fledged character or just end her suffering lol.

That final stretch starting with the Keyblade Graveyard was great and was the perfect conclusion for someone who has followed the entire series. They need to avoid going full Dream Drop Distance in the future though and make the Disney worlds more relevant to the actual storyline. We should have had a fight against Larxene in the Frozen world or a faceoff against Vanitas as Sora in Monstropolis. The "beat world and learn more about the plot" method is a little thin. They could stretch it out a little bit more. I am happy with the title overall though, not sure how I would rank it, but I left it feeling mostly satisfied. Onward to the platinum now.

Vinea

Jan 25, 2019
I'm not sure how I'd feel if Sora DID end up being MoM, but I think it's convoluted enough to not be entirely too surprising for Nomura. We already have clones upon clones in game, time travel, and now "world lines." If they explore alternative universes, having a version of Sora be MoM would be interesting because we know Nomura relates more to Xehanort and his versions, but he wants the story to continue to be about Sora... Combine the two, and Nomura can indulge all he wants in an edgy, possibly antagonistic version of Sora (that's not Vanitas, but actually Sora himself.)

At this point, it's anybody's guess where this game's plot will go. Every time I see a theory and think "That won't happen," I'm reminded of everyone ridiculing the "xigbar is luxu" person and just have to accept anything can happen. If Nomura wants it, he will get it.

Last edited:

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
In fact it might be for the best that they held off a bit to see what criticism the balancing on proud got to further work on making crit mode feeling good to play.
This is exactly why I think they didn't include it at launch. It's good to know that the KH2FM/0.2 damage boost is in effect, but given the overwhelming amount of offensive options Sora has relative to KH2FM, slapping the KH2FM Critical parameters on KH3 Critical and calling it a day wouldn't be enough.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Another timeline Sora became MoM because he lost the Kairi of his world, it will be revealed that a heart connects all the Soras of each timeline; at the end original Sora and Riku will end up rediming him :p

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
This is exactly why I think they didn't include it at launch. It's good to know that the KH2FM/0.2 damage boost is in effect, but given the overwhelming amount of offensive options Sora has relative to KH2FM, slapping the KH2FM Critical parameters on KH3 Critical and calling it a day wouldn't be enough.
I think they would have to fine-tune all the different attacks to make it work well. Right now some attacks are way too strong compared to regular attacks, and simply increasing the damage boost overall could make it bad.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
This one's more vague too, but the Master of Masters describes him dissapearing as

And while it's vague and may not relate to Sora the way his dissapearing is described by him is just so strangely similar to how i'd describe that scene.

I certainly think a different incarnation of Sora that got lost in time/worldlines would be a interesting route to take as the villain of the next saga. (not like it'd be that weird for his personality to be different too, considering how different Xigbar was to Luxu back in his earlier years)

I laughed at the jokes of Sora being the Master of Masters but... dammit. Now I have to consider it because I initially dismissed the theory that Xigbar was the Master of Masters at first too. Oh boy. Bring it on, Nomura. I'm ready for another wild ride.

clockstrikes

Oct 27, 2017
So... I'm not sure if I'm imagining this or if I saw it wrong, but I think I threw Goofy into one of those big sand-snake Heartless (with his triangle-throwing-command-thingie that makes Sora & Goofy leap into the air and then Sora throws Goofy back down) and then it kind of died/exploded from that? o_O

Like, Goofy literally went down one's throat and then I think it made a kind of chocking/struggling animation before breaking into pieces. I dunno, it looked a bit different than their usual death animation. Maybe Goofy just glitched through the enemy and I'm just imagining things. Has anyone else seen this?

You didn't imagine anything, it's legit! Works on the Monstropolis boss too.

Woah there. Say what now? Laguna was supposed to be in Birth by Sleep?? Shit.

Yeah, SE was developing both BBS and Dissidia 012 around the same time and for some reason decided Laguna could only be in one game.

On a related note, they were also planning on including the young RG crew but that world was already so crowded that they didn't want to distract from the main story :(

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
You know, I never got why Kingdom Hearts was just there.

In the sky above Keyblade Graveyard.

Just hanging.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I never stated one thing or another about subjectivity or objectivity anywhere in this thread.

So you can kindly fuck off.
You don't have to. But you do complain a lot about failures in the subjective sense as though they're objective facts in quick shotgun bursts without elaboration.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
You don't have to. But you do complain a lot about failures in the subjective sense as though they're objective facts in quick shotgun bursts without elaboration.
I complain about things I dislike, because I dislike them. I put no objective spin on those things. And if i don't elaborate on them, how can they be statements treated as objective facts?

They're shit I don't like. That's how it fucking goes.

Would you like a "in my opinion" in every post for your sensibilities?

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, SE was developing both BBS and Dissidia 012 around the same time and for some reason decided Laguna could only be in one game.

On a related note, they were also planning on including the young RG crew but that world was already so crowded that they didn't want to distract from the main story :(
MAN. I really hope we eventually see them... (the Radiant Garden crew and Laguna, but I do not expect to see the former in their younger days at all) but I'm doubtful at this point. Although, a tiny part of me is hopeful because of the possibility that future games will have more Square Enix content.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Looking back on the 'trilogy' I feel each of the final boss arenas are
KH1 = World of Chaos/Hell
KH2 = Limbo
KH 3 = Scala Ad Caelum, looks like heaven

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
It made me mad how we kept getting cuts to Radiant Garden but never got to visit. I guess that makes it an easy DLC option for the future though.

Sad that I never got the Squall and Rinoa reunion they were hinting at with the end of KH2.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
who is the boy that appears in the keyblade graveyard right before you gain the power of all the keyblade warriors again? and what game does he appear in?

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
You know Sanji doesn't cause about Aeleus and Dilan when he literally calls them both Dilan's name and his Nobody name.