• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Also, if marluxia and Larxene are in union cross, does that mean their nobodies (from kh2 and kh3 we're always brought from the past?

I'm also a bit confused how defeated xiii members came back in 3. Jiminys journal just says they were defeated but somehow returned.

Ven was from that time as well. Judging by the reports it seems like they all jumped forward in time at some point, but wound up losing their memories in the process.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Also, if marluxia and Larxene are in union cross, does that mean their nobodies (from kh2 and kh3 we're always brought from the past?

I'm also a bit confused how defeated xiii members came back in 3. Jiminys journal just says they were defeated but somehow returned.
Marluxia and Larxene were "somebodies" (aka complete human beings, not Heartless or Nobodies) in the past and through some magical time travel/possibly alternate timeline hijinks, they survived the Keyblade War and at some point were sent to the future somehow (seems like Maleficent might have something to do with it). This time travel or alternate timeline hopping or whatever magic apparently isn't without its consequences because Marluxia, Larxene, Ventus & whoever else got to this more modern timeline (the mystery girl mentioned by Axel & Saix, who could be Skuld, another KHUX character) all lost their memories. All these characters being from a time before the first Keyblade War is WHY Xehanort recruited them to the Organization in the first place. He's obsessed with what happened around the Keyblade War and knows Marluxia, Larxene & some of the others who weren't Ansem's apprentices/science fellows (or guards at Radiant Garden) are from that time. So that's why he recruited them into the Organization XIII so that maybe they could help him unravel the mysteries of the Keyblade War that he so desperately wants to know.. Unlike has been previously thought, retcon or planned forever, they aren't just some random people strong enough to maintain human form with their Nobodies.

Org XIII members in KHII were Nobodies. So they had lost their hearts & only a shell was left. In other words, when someone is turned into a Heartless, they leave behind a nobody. Now, when you release the heart that a Heartless has stolen and destroy the Nobody, the body & heart can rejoin each other again and be recompleted into normal human beings. In KHIII, we see some OG Org XIII members as human beings (Ienzo/Zexion, Lexaeus and Xaldin/Dilan(?)) and the guys who are on the bad side are all Nobodies again because Xehanort wanted to infuse a part of himself into them and that works better if there is no pesky OG heart of a person inside that body anymore.

chiraledge

Oct 25, 2017
Just beat the game, what a great ride. Going by Verum Rex and the secret ending, am I finally getting Stella in a game after waiting so long??

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I forgot nothing. The X names don't matter for shit.

I'm talking about the oh so important thing about losing the X and it having NO impact.

Roxas, Xion, Aqua, Ventus, Terra. All X'd up and it doesn't matter.

Mailbox

Oct 30, 2017
Remember how X was a mark of xehanort and how that never factored again outside of DDD
remember how it was actually a method of figuring out where sora was in the sleeping realm and literally nothing else. As explained IN DDD.

Srsly dude, if you're gonna complain about something, complain about something worth complaining about.

edit: outside of that, X (or chi) is just a common motif throughout the series. With the org X's being a motif in reference to the pieces needed for the X-blade

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Its a method of tracking and it was never noted to be specific to the sleeping worlds.

And it'd probably be useful if half of your enemies groups wears X's.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I mean, explain Larxene, Xigbar, Marluxia, Ansem and Xemnas and Vanitas.

I think YX is the only Disney world org member who didn't know instantly that Sora was around.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018

I'm talking about the oh so important thing about losing the X and it having NO impact.

Okay, I'm confused about what exactly you're talking about. As in, being Norted? The only X thing in DDD is the tracking device, and that's all it is. Just magic shit that doesn't really need an explanation.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Okay, I'm confused about what exactly you're talking about. As in, being Norted? The only X thing in DDD is the tracking device, and that's all it is. Just magic shit that doesn't really need an explanation.

Yeah thats the issue. Its a dumb magic thing that didn't need to exist.

By explaining that they track via X... well now that creates a question of how they keep tracking without X?

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Fans really overblew the whole concept of being Norted and what it actually means. it turned into a meme that fans assumed Aqua was Norted and as it turned out, she wasn't

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018

By explaining that they track via X... well now that creates a question of how they keep tracking without X?
Dude if you start questioning the semantics of the magic in KH, regardless of whatever game you're looking at, you're gonna be here a long time lol

KH3 even calls out Merlin for being able to break the rules of time travel with his magic for reasons.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017

So first of all. Aqua Ven and Terra were never "X'd" up. Secondly The "X" is added for Nobodies. Roxas - X = Sora. See how the non nobodies like Vanitas don't have X's?

They tracked Sora in DDD because he had an X on his shirt it was a sigil set by Ansem to do so. In KH3 Sora essentially tracks them, he is guided to each world with an Org member causing shit. You are mixing up things.
I like how you are complaining simple because you didn't actually listen to anything said in the games.

Last edited:

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Woozies seems fully aware that they're not norted and x in the name doesn't mean anything for the sigil, all the rest of you are the ones adding in the confusion over what "x'd up" means

They're talking about the recusant sigil exclusively

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017

Apparently the 2 other guys in the Verum Rex trailer are called Magia and Aegis

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know the name of the song that plays during the Xemnas/Ansem/YX boss fight as well?

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
They were. Roxas' heart shoots out of Sora to meet the replica being delivered from above. The replica falls from the sky much the same way Yen Sid arrived. Presumably sent by Ienzo and Ansem the Wise.

Xion is already partially complete in her replica on the Organization's side, from Vexen's data (see the Secret Reports once you unlock them for more on this). Her partially existing is what gives people foggy memories of her like Axel's earlier on in the game. Once Roxas calls out to her from inside Sora, the heart jumps to the replica. That's why she starts screaming and freaking out, and Axel gets the headache and remembers her name.

They wake up from the same process Sora used to wake up Ventus, it's just that once they show it to the player/viewer with Ventus, we don't really need to SEE Sora figuratively shooting his own heart with the keyblade to wake them up, we know that's what's happening. It's all the power of waking.

Somehow......

tenor.gif

Yet wow what a garbage narrative. lol

Last edited:

ChaserX

Nov 1, 2017
Miami, FL
I can't believe there are people who think a space/battleship phase would actually improve the final boss. I mean I could, but I don't understand the thought process.

ChaserX

Nov 1, 2017
Miami, FL
From that Bizkit stream, I learned that Berserk Charge is an exclusive full course bonus ability. Wonder why that and EXP Incentive aren't level up or keyblade abilities.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
I just found out that Naminé scene in the Final World was missable. That really surprises me considering it is the only thing that hints at Lingering Will's upcoming return and makes Naminé's return at the end feel less random and organic (you also had the cutscene with Repliku telling Sora to use the doll for her but yeah).

KingdomKey

Oct 27, 2017
I learned yesterday that you can use a first person view while in the teacups. Looked pretty good.

I can't believe there are people who think a space/battleship phase would actually improve the final boss. I mean I could, but I don't understand the thought process.
That dragon sequence in KH2's ending is so bad imo. Conceptually its cool but I prefer a more grounded final battle. The last phase against Ansem in KH is even worse, it's not fun having to fly.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
I apparently hate myself a lot. I did the Hercules Flan minigame for a cousins's daughter through Shareplay because she was really struggling with it.

JinnAxel

Oct 30, 2017
but The World Ends With You seems to be teased as a world in the next DLC/game? what?
Tokyo is the setting of Verus Rex. Sora landed in Shibuya, and Riku landed in Shinjuku. The same locations can be seen in the Verus Rex trailer. Might still see TWEWY stuff anyway, but I dunno if it's a TWEWY world/setting, or a Verus Rex world/setting.

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo is the setting of Verus Rex. Sora landed in Shibuya, and Riku landed in Shinjuku. The same locations can be seen in the Verus Rex trailer. Might still see TWEWY stuff anyway, but I dunno if it's a TWEWY world/setting, or a Verus Rex world/setting.
Or both, Verum Rex could be set in the same world as TWEWY.

alpha13a

Jan 2, 2019
My idea/point for the next kh
1 it will not be a numbered title, but an introductory spin off
2No space with gummiship
3But, an open world world with elements, FF and TWEWY
4Main protagonist yozora
5Main party, playable characters sora riku and yozora
6Main world history Mix between the plot of versus 13 and TWEWY
7Together with yozora, Sora and Riku will live a minor parallel adventure to act as a prologue for kh4
8In this open world world there will be portals / pages of the book of prophecies to enter some disney worlds
9Disney worlds can only be completed /visited with riku and sora
10 to advance in the main story you will have to complete the various Disney portals
11greater plot point the master of the masters will be responsible for "the portals to the disney worlds that block yozora" the master has organized all this (distribution of the pages of the book of the prophecies, jammed yozora in a reality from which he can not escape without the help of sora and riku) to allow sora to return to the real world, in order to allow sora to be usable for his plans and have a passage through which to follow sora and riku and reunite with his apprentices

JinnAxel

Oct 30, 2017
Or both, Verum Rex could be set in the same world as TWEWY.
Maybe, though I don't think so. Verum Rex seems to have a big digitization aesthetic going on that wasn't really there in TWEWY, or it could be the same world as TWEWY but on a higher plane than the Reaper's Game.

Data and digitization seems to be a major plotting point for the series going forward now it seems. Since all the dandelions are in a datascape version of the World, and Brain being an outside element that wasn't supposed to be a union leader stating that he plans on being the virus that reprograms destiny. Also Brain looking a lot like the red haired dude in the Verum Rex trailer. (this is assuming Brain is the fake leader, and not Ventus or Laurium)

Dunno how they'll eventually slingshot Ventus, Skuld, Laurium, Elrena, and presumably Luxord and Demyx's somebodies into the future though. Dunno if Ephemer got sent to the future or not either.

Last edited:

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They are, except on different planes of existance. Sora Dead Riku Alive looking for Sora, likely...
Yep could well be! But that was the case in TWEWY too.

Whichever direction they go I'm really excited. I've just finished KH3 and I loved it, my only issue was the 'everybody's here' style grand finale that is always a bit much. I can see the next story as being more approachable for a newcomer.

Eien1no1Yami

Oct 30, 2017
The one in corona imo is worse.
I've seen other people mention this too but how can anyone dislike this minigame :P?
I find it to be the best one and I highscored it without looking at any guide.
I just observed the flan's reactions and movements in order to find the correct moment to take the shot.
Some flans don't give enough points even if you took the shot correctly but the trail & error is still pretty minimal.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finally beat this hulking beast. My immediate thoughts:

1) everything after the last Disney World was nothing but interminable cutscenes followed by brief pauses with combat and in one case a delightful Super Mario Galaxy-esque world where you pick Soras up. It had horrible pacing cramming so much shit in this last part. You shouldn't have to go in with still sooooo much plot threads still unresolved.

2) The music. Shimomura outdid herself. Just incredible.

3) best Disney worlds in the franchise are all here. Yes there are less here than in KH2 but you can fit in 3 or 4 of those worlds in on of KH3's and even the worst one is still many many times better than the best Disney World from any of the previous games.

4) Kairi SUCKS! I was waiting the entire game for her to develop some personality and agency. Her training to be a key weirder showed promise but after spending the whole game offscreen training *yoink* she's back to being a damsel and gets unceremoniously killed for the sake of the plot and literal man pain. Also is this girl allergic to pants or shorts? This game flirted more than once with almost showing us her underwear had it not been for some clever camera angles and/or very precisely placed bent legs like in that one scene near the end where she and Sora are flying. Small tidbit but this is a Disney game and she's like 14, c'mon Square!

5) I'm not the biggest KH fan at all and even my cold heart melted many times with so much endearing characters and charm. This game just oozes so much of it. Sora is impossible to hate and Haley Joel Osment still pulls him off impeccably.

6) They better cool it with the spin offs come the next saga, and please don't take 17 years to conclude it. And please for the love of God if the next saga features 5 versions of a single character again I'm so going to check myself out.

7) that secret movie: did I hear a hint of FFXV's theme right around where they show the Tokyo government building that looks a lot like where Noctis lived with his dad? I'm new to this thread so I'm asking, has it been speculated here yet that it may be hinting at KH4 featuring a more Final Fantasy-esque world?

9/10 easily the best game in the franchise. It did everything it promised out to do. They just don't make games like this anymore. With so much varied content, mini games, and all wrapped in a very non GaaS game that made me feel like I was playing a PS2 game in the best possible way.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
7) that secret movie: did I hear a hint of FFXV's theme right around where they show the Tokyo government building that looks a lot like where Noctis lived with his dad? I'm new to this thread so I'm asking, has it been speculated here yet that it may be hinting at KH4 featuring a more Final Fantasy-esque world?

Yeah that was definitly intentional fake Somnus (Versus/XV theme) but I dont neccesarioy think it will be about Final Fantasy, at least not XV for sure.