• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Slacker247

Oct 27, 2017
The one in corona imo is worse.

Corona one is ok via some trial and error. I expected it to be super annoying but ended up liking it. Just had to redo it because certain Flans don't give a lot of points. So once you get the perfect timing (it's easy, by the way) you just go for the ones that give the best points. E.g. the pancake flan, the fastest flying one (it drops quick so you need to pull the trigger right away), the animal one, the water one.

I havent done all flan minigames yet but the Hercules one was the most annoying so far and easiest was the Toy Box one, which I expected to be so much more frustrating, whew!

Tetsujin

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
2) The music. Shimomura outdid herself. Just incredible.

To me it sounded like she was barely involved with most of those new compositions and arrangements. Just going by ear I think she only did two of the Disney worlds for example (Corona and Arendelle). All those "even more epic"-styled new versions of older tracks also sounded unlike her style.
It's a good OST but as a huge Shimomura fan I was a bit let down by not getting more new music from her.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
To me it sounded like she was barely involved with most of those new compositions and arrangements. Just going by ear I think she only did two of the Disney worlds for example (Corona and Arendelle). All those "even more epic"-styled new versions of older tracks also sounded unlike her style.
It's a good OST but as a huge Shimomura fan I was a bit let down by not getting more new music from her.

The Scala stuff was definitely her, at least.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
There were a lot of moments toward the end where I saw Nomura clearly reintroducing or alluding to Versus XIII/XV elements, the not-Somnus playing while Sora and Riku walk through a modern metropolitan Japanese town being the biggest one. But you also had the strange push for Riku and Namine (have the two ever interacted before longer than a few seconds? I know Repliku was in love with her but I can't remember how involved she was with his side in Chain of Memories. I know they talked once or twice at the beginning of II. They made a big deal about how Roxas and Namine complete each other but then that seemed pushed aside in this ending) where Riku's design is basically not-Noctis and Namine is basically a kiddified design of Stella in that one iconic scene.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
There were a lot of moments toward the end where I saw Nomura clearly reintroducing or alluding to Versus XIII/XV elements, the not-Somnus playing while Sora and Riku walk through a modern metropolitan Japanese town being the biggest one. But you also had the strange push for Riku and Namine (have the two ever interacted before longer than a few seconds? I know Repliku was in love with her but I can't remember how involved she was with his side in Chain of Memories. I know they talked once or twice at the beginning of II. They made a big deal about how Roxas and Namine complete each other but then that seemed pushed aside in this ending) where Riku's design is basically not-Noctis and Namine is basically a kiddified design of Stella in that one iconic scene.

I don't really see it as a push of the two of them. Riku was just there to pick her up to bring her to DA. They weren't even shown together after that.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
The Toy Box battle theme practically screams Shimomura.

I found it really odd that some of the best new orchestrated arrangements in the game were reserved for cutscenes (Forze Del Male, What Lies Beneath, etc.). Kinda wish we'd have gotten a new theme for the "13th" series of themes that started with Chain of Memories/KH2 (13th Struggle/Dilemma/Reflection) for the Org. XIII bosses, I guess they went with using the 1.5 + 2.5 arrangements for most of them considering the "EVERYONE IS HERE" aspect that the endgame pulls in regards to characters.

I don't really see it as a push of the two of them. Riku was just there to pick her up to bring her to DA. They weren't even shown together after that.
Yeah, that's what I gathered from it. Not sure how people are reading the scene otherwise, but then again I consciously avoid shipping nonsense so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
I've seen other people mention this too but how can anyone dislike this minigame :P?
I find it to be the best one and I highscored it without looking at any guide.
I just observed the flan's reactions and movements in order to find the correct moment to take the shot.
Some flans don't give enough points even if you took the shot correctly but the trail & error is still pretty minimal.

I also had a blast doing the Flan photo shoot, shit was cute AF

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As I just beat this game last night can someone point me to a post that discussed in detail how much Kairi sucks? I can't believe they couldn't give her some redemption or personality and just when it seemed she might get one by training to be a key wielder she still gets kidnapped like a chump and then killed! All her training was just an excuse to have her in the battlefield so she can be snatched and killed for that sweet sweet man pain!

17 years worth of games and Kairi never developed a personality. Her fucking Nobody Namine and her black haired whatever she was Xion had more personality than her.

And like I said in my last post, this game loves to flirt with almost showing Kairi's underwear. This is a Disney game and shes like 14 and yet Square can't help itself from adding stupid anime fan service. There's this one scene near the end where she's flying with Sora and the camera is behind her and we don't see her panties only because her legs are bent and block us. I felt dirty, give her some shorts like Aqua.

Now that I think about it the only main character with any semblance of importance isn't he whole cast that was a woman was Aqua. And I found Sora to have more chemistry with Riku than he ever did with Kairi too btw.

I'm late to this thread so I'm sure this has been discussed to Hell and back and need to catharsis. Kairi SUCKS

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
OMG what a shit ending holy fuck. Fuck the silent ending and fuck the epilogue and the secret movie. Closure? What's that?

Yeah Nomura was salty as fuck with the Versus stuff, it shows.

Also Shimomura composed, what, 10 new themes? So. Many. Remixes.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
what i saw of kairi and the other girls in the leaks was... disappointing. from what i understand her contribution to the story (beyond being a party member in a boss fight iirc? haven't read anything yet about how well she does. i hope she's at least decent) is giving sora the paopu and getting hurt/dying?? like... okay that's bogus but couldn't she have done that in shorts/pants lol?? sis is getting knocked down and suspended hundreds of feet in the air over people's heads, that's an accident waiting to happen (unless it's a skort? is there any indication that it's canonically a skort? because skorts are fine. they're sporty and cute. nomura please text me back)
Having just beat the game I never saw any indication she was wearing a skort. It wouldn't be the first time Kairi wears a tiny dress or skirt and her panties can be seen (KH2 has that). I didn't think of checking her out during the one gameplay moment tounshare with KH3 Kairi before she gets fucking kidnapped. I suppose that's the one time you could use the game camera to see if that skirt was just that or a skirt. This girl is like she's allergic to anything that aren't tiny skirts.

The only woman in this game who's not wearing a Organization hood that doesn't use a dress or skirt is Aqua (with one exception, the girl from Twilight Town I forget her name). Even Xion in the ending goes to wearing a mini skirt to play in the sand and sit in tall buildings to eat ice cream.

We didn't get to see Larxene in civilian clothes because otherwise I'm sure she would've been sporting a dress or skirt too.

kyorii

Oct 25, 2017
Splatlandia
Having just beat the game I never saw any indication she was wearing a skort. It wouldn't be the first time Kairi wears a tiny dress or skirt and her panties can be seen (KH2 has that). I didn't think of checking her out during the one gameplay moment tounshare with KH3 Kairi before she gets fucking kidnapped. I suppose that's the one time you could use the game camera to see if that skirt was just that or a skirt. This girl is like she's allergic to anything that aren't tiny skirts.

The only woman in this game who's not wearing a Organization hood that doesn't use a dress or skirt is Aqua (with one exception, the girl from Twilight Town I forget her name). Even Xion in the ending goes to wearing a mini skirt to play in the sand and sit in tall buildings to eat ice cream.

We didn't get to see Larxene in civilian clothes because otherwise I'm sure she would've been sporting a dress or skirt too.
Well you can see her somebody in Union X As Elrena, and yes she is wearing a skirt. I suspect it's just Nomuras style in general on hip teen fashion.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well you can see her somebody in Union X As Elrena, and yes she is wearing a skirt. I suspect it's just Nomuras style in general on hip teen fashion.
I get that. Skirts are cute and are popular for a reason but if you're training to fight a war maybe not wear one then? I'm of course talking about dear and useless kairi.

Last edited:

kyorii

Oct 25, 2017
Splatlandia
I get that. Skirts are cute and are oooular for a reason but if you're training to fight a war maybe not wear one then? I'm of fours eralking about dear and useless kairi.

Well the other thing is Yen Sid was the one that gave her the outfit actually, so blame him haha.

Goddamit trying to post on a phone.
OMG what a shit ending holy fuck. Fuck the silent ending and fuck the epilogue and the secret movie. Closure? What's that?

Yeah Nomura was salty as fuck with the Versus stuff, it shows.

Also Shimomura composed, what, 10 new themes? So. Many. Remixes.

I am guessing you had no investment on the 358/BbS crew, that was a satisfying as a conclusion as it gets after over a decade of tragedy and mishaps.

Last edited:

Deleted member 29464

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Every now and then I think of KH even after finishing it and get confused again lol. Now I'm thinking how Namine and Roxas existing still makes little sense, though I suppose they acknowledge that Namine shouldn't really exist. I think Nomura (or his writers) just come up with premises and then write or retcons whatever it takes to make it work.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nomura States the kh characters can carry the game on their own. Therefore that's why you had models of Dylan and xaldin in radiant garden doing so much and not the ff Gang
There was no reason why Sephiroth couldn't be the optional boss. Playing a numbered KH game without Sephiroth feels wrong.

It's not like they needed to give an explanation of why he's there or even any dialogue (does hiring Lance Bass from *NSYNC worth it only for him to bring some yells and grunts for Sephiroth?).

This is the first KH game where there are actual NPCs living in the cities. They could've easily thrown a couple of FF characters living in one as cameos.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
There was no reason why Sephiroth couldn't be the optional boss. Playing a numbered KH game without Sephiroth feels wrong.

It's not like they needed to give an explanation of why he's there or even any dialogue (does hiring Lance Bass from *NSYNC worth it only for him to bring some yells and grunts for Sephiroth?).

This is the first KH game where there are actual NPCs living in the cities. They could've easily thrown a couple of FF characters living in one as cameos.
Lance Bass hasn't voiced Sephiroth since KH1.

Also, internal studio politics apparently kept Laguna out of Birth by Sleep since he was in Dissidia 012.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Decided to replay the final battle, and thinking about the fakeout death.

How did xbox handle the call out of goofy and donald, if at all? Via the TV I guess

Anyway, it was a really great touch hearing that from the controller.
What? They said something through the controller's speaker? What was it? I played it with headphones connected to my Dualshock4 so I'm guessing I got all through there.

What part was heard themrough the controller?

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kairi getting "damsel in disstress" yet again made my eyeroll so hard....it was just UGH!! like all that training and we didn't see shit! then she "dies" or it seems no one really dies in KH and we have no idea even how Sora(I guess abusing the power of waking) even saved her and why he is "dead". I would've like KH3 to have a wholesome ending before teasing us on what's the next for KH...Kairi and Sora didn't deserve this!!!
Of course they didn't deserve it. The only explanation is that Nomura hates Kairi. Why else do you think in 17 years and 10 games Kairi never developed a personality? And when finally a game is prepping her for some growth they have her offscreen training and at the end after one fight she still gets damsel'd and then killed.

Kairi sucks.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
On the female character front, this game is probably the worst that they've ever been treated.

They were done decently in previous games.
Previous gameS? Plural?

Other than BBS with its only female main character Aqua, what KH game trates it's female characters decently? They're all either dead, plot devices that leave them dead at the end, kidnapped, or left offscreen for most of the game.

Disney princesses don't count. I'm obviously talking about main KH female characters that contribute to the main story so fighting alongside Rapunzel for a hot minute doesn't count.

kyorii

Oct 25, 2017
Splatlandia
Previous gameS? Plural?

Other than BBS with its only female main character Aqua, what KH game trates it's female characters decently? They're all either dead, plot devices that leave them dead at the end, kidnapped, or left offscreen for most of the game.

Disney princesses don't count. I'm obviously talking about main KH female characters that contribute to the main story so fighting alongside Rapunzel for a hot minute doesn't count.

To be fair, and it has been discussed in here and elsewhere, it wasn't just the females getting mistreated. Everyone has had a hard take thruout the series in general unless you're Sora, and even then that's not the best of circumstances. Especially in KH3, there was tons of Ls given to everyone, not simply Aqua or Kairi. I believe it was concluded that Nomura just loves tragedy in general and its not a specific gender thing. Minus Kairi, which we all agree she's been very much nothing. But Aqua/Xion/Namine have been great.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, and it has been discussed in here and elsewhere, it wasn't just the females getting mistreated. Everyone has had a hard take thruout the series in general unless you're Sora, and even then that's not the best of circumstances. Especially in KH3, there was tons of Ls given to everyone, not simply Aqua or Kairi. I believe it was concluded that Nomura just loves tragedy in general and its not a specific gender thing. Minus Kairi, which we all agree she's been very much nothing. But Aqua/Xion/Namine have been great.
That's true but at least there's a more varied and, dare I say, diverse cast of male characters in KH when compared to the female cast.

Women are so few and far between and when it comes to main characters you're basically stuck with just Aqua and stupid, useless, forever damsel'd Kairi. The rest are her two copies (side character Namine and barely there for one game that kills her and is brought back in the last hour of KH3 Xion), and that one girl from Twilight Town I cant even remmeber her name.

So I wouldn't say male and female characters in KH are treated the same because for that to happen there has to be female characters to begin with.

Oct 25, 2017
I still stand by my stance. Kairi and axel should've been the tutorial instead of whatever the hell that was with sora. If you look at them fight during the "war" their combos are pretty fleshed out. Have you pick between kairi(magic) axel(strength. Than have them answer some questions from Merlin that fills out the rest of the stats and how you get abilities. Than you fight some pots and chairs whatever learn the basics and then they fight each other. That way it don't look silly with you having sora learn lock on and dodge roll and so on.

Win win you get to see their training, gives them more moments, basics out the way

kyorii

Oct 25, 2017
Splatlandia
That's true but at least there's a more varied and, dare I say, diverse cast of male characters in KH when compared to the female cast.

Women are so few and far between and when it comes to main characters you're basically stuck with just Aqua and stupid, useless, forever damsel'd Kairi. The rest are her two copies (side character Namine and barely there for one game that kills her and is brought back in the last hour of KH3 Xion), and that one girl from Twilight Town I cant even remmeber her name.

So I wouldn't say male and female characters in KH are treated the same because for that to happen there has to be female characters to begin with.

Namine actually played a role in every single game since Chain of Memories. She was interwoven into 358, KH2 as a rather important key figure. And if folks caught it, it was her in KH3 that called out to Lingering Will in the Final World to save the crew at the Keyblade Graveyard.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope there's at least Mirage Arena DLC so you can choose teammates from any world. I'd like to fight with the endgame unique fighters more.

Also you guys make me feel bad for liking the female cast in this game jeez.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I still stand by my stance. Kairi and axel should've been the tutorial instead of whatever the hell that was with sora. If you look at them fight during the "war" their combos are pretty fleshed out. Have you pick between kairi(magic) axel(strength. Than have them answer some questions from Merlin that fills out the rest of the stats and how you get abilities. Than you fight some pots and chairs whatever learn the basics and then they fight each other. That way it don't look silly with you having sora learn lock on and dodge roll and so on.

Win win you get to see their training, gives them more moments, basics out the way
KH3 begins with a dive into the heart just like KH1, down to the answering of questions that play upon desires that define stat growths. And Sora has to relearn everything after getting whipped at the end of DDD.

KingdomKey

Oct 27, 2017

Even just a training montage of sorts would work out pretty well to see their techniques and improvements. The way it was handled didn't show much to be desired.

Deleted member 34949

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Namine actually played a role in every single game since Chain of Memories. She was interwoven into 358, KH2 as a rather important key figure. And if folks caught it, it was her in KH3 that called out to Lingering Will in the Final World to save the crew at the Keyblade Graveyard.
Not to mention her having a huge hand in Coded as well.

TissueBox

Oct 25, 2017
Urinated States of America
Saw that video earlier. Watching Xion and Kairi fight is both cool and a cruel tease!! And Axel too.

Woulda been nice if we had some more scenes of them taking arms like that. Watching Kairi's combos just makes you go, 'Now that's the Keyblade wielder we've been waiting for!!'

Nov 13, 2017
My major problem with the final world is the Kingdom Hearts Union X and how it felt more concerned with sequel baiting in some areas than tying up the current plot threads.

I think I'm more pissed that the plot from the mobile game is actually important.

Rush_Khan

Oct 26, 2017
Finally got that Synthesist trophy. Shooting rocks in space for Orichalcums is not fun.

Oh, the Platinum is a nice added bonus with it :)

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
I hope there's at least Mirage Arena DLC so you can choose teammates from any world. I'd like to fight with the endgame unique fighters more.

Also you guys make me feel bad for liking the female cast in this game jeez.

Huh. Using the claymores was obvious, but even outside of that, boss Xion and party member Xion have different special moves. Interesting.

Rush_Khan

Oct 26, 2017
There's so much wasted potential with all those AIs for the final fights that they surely HAVE to do something more with them for the Final Mix cut.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not our fault the female cast is weak as hell, take that up with Nojima and Nomura
I mean I'm not going to say there aren't issues because goodness bows there are.

Though I guess I'm just trying to avoid being so negative lately and I'm cautiously optimistic that they can improve. As far as basic bits goes though I do like Kairi and Namine well enough and Xion and Aqua were already some of my favorite characters in the franchise.

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
Kairi's combat animations look player based.
We're going to get that training session in FM me thinks.

2 million thread views, fans are still hungry Nomura-san.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017

Huh. Using the claymores was obvious, but even outside of that, boss Xion and party member Xion have different special moves. Interesting.

In a perfect world, during that fight Sora would get knocked down or out or removed from the fight and we'd play as Roxas fighting alongside Xion and Axel.

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
In a perfect world, during that fight Sora would get knocked down or out or removed from the fight and we'd play as Roxas fighting alongside Xion and Axel.
Roxas not being playable for that fight is probably the single weirdest gameplay decision in KH3. The cutscene perfectly sets it up, and I'm pretty sure he's the second most popular character in the series anyway.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Roxas not being playable for that fight is probably the single weirdest gameplay decision in KH3. The cutscene perfectly sets it up, and I'm pretty sure he's the second most popular character in the series anyway.
They make up for it by making AI Roxas a ridiculous beast.

Steven

Oct 27, 2017
Roxas OP as fuck tbh

Top tier boss in KH2 and absolutely destroys in KH3 despite joining Sora a while back.