• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
"I just want to see Cloud talking to Mickey" is to this day the most ridiculous argument about Kingdom Hearts I've seen

Mainly because that has never happened.

FF Characters are as relevant to he plot as Aladdin saving Agrabah was.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
By all accounts there's more than likely an Einhander boss in the game

I don't care what anyone says, that's cool as fuck

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Our secret boss being a Gummi Ship boss is just so stupid but cool that I cant even be mad
I totally get being disappointed (hugely, even) that there seemingly isn't much of the way of traditional superbosses. Hell, I'm a little bummed out, too.

But as one of probably dozens of people on the face of the earth that still even gives a shit about Einhander these days, and as someone that's spent far too many years shouting from the proverbial internet mountaintops that the team should put some Einhander heat in KH one of these days, that trophy listing was sweet, sweet vindication.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
I'm scratching my head at how he can make a no cutscene video when he litteraly said last week "YOU TAKE 3 STEPS THEN FINAL BOSS" ...
...It was another case of him straight up lying/being vague to avoid spoilers right?
He can simply skip the cutscenes and just show the gameplay. He did say though he isn't sure if he can make a video without cutscenes which makes me wonder if cutscenes play during the fight.

Also on Twitter, he seems to insinuate that he will show part of one of the final bosses.
Noting that he has save files before all of the hype boss fights.

Ouroboros

Oct 27, 2017
United States
This is bit underselling it - the FF characters did have a pretty signifigant role for all of Radiant Garden.
I suppose you are right. Much bigger role than the first game, but I felt like their story was finished at the end of 2. Radiant Garden was restored and they were just fixing it up. I guess it would have been nice to see how they were doing in 3.

Kingsora

May 19, 2018
What I don't understand. Disney is always deleting his YouTube videos and the reasons are correct and logical. But they already deleted about ten videos of him on the same account.

They know which account he uses, why doesn't the account itself get banned? Just curious here

Ryuman

Nov 1, 2017
FF characters will hopefully be back in the next game when the narrative has a bit more breathing room. They aren't gone forever.

Darkpyro2

Oct 27, 2017
So, I was hoping that since the ENTIRE GAME leaked, I could find a complete world list for the game.

So far, though, I'm only finding this tiny list including stuff that we saw in the trailers. Does this game really only have about 8ish worlds?

Ryuman

Nov 1, 2017
If the next game focuses on MoM and Luxu then there's gonna be even less of them, if any.
I dunno, as long as all the Foretellers aren't heavily involved I think the number of characters at play will be nicely reduced. I'm sure Nomura and the team will take the fans feelings on the matter into account, too.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
So it's just those 9? That is REALLY disappointing.
We have 12 worlds total and we know the exact order of them too.
1. Olympus
2. Twilight World
3. Toy Box
4. Kingdom of Corona
5. Monstropolis
6. Arendelle
7. The Caribbean
8. San Fransokyo
9. The Hundred Acre Wood
10. The Realm of Darkness
11. Keyblade Graveyard
12. Scala Ad Caelum

Nomura has been saying from the beginning there would be a lesser number of worlds from the previous KH games because this time around the worlds are much bigger, take longer to make and have more content/volume. He ALSO said years ago that all of the worlds in the game will be revealed in trailers before the game's release, leaving the story and bosses as the main surprises. So not sure why you're disappointed.

But if it makes you feel any better, every world has 6 large areas (except the original worlds which have 2-4) and the leaker has said there are "a lot" of bosses in each world.

Darkpyro2

Oct 27, 2017
We have 12 worlds total and we know the exact order of them too.
1. Olympus
2. Twilight World
3. Toy Box
4. Kingdom of Corona
5. Monstropolis
6. Arendelle
7. The Caribbean
8. San Fransokyo
9. The Hundred Acre Wood
10. The Realm of Darkness
11. Keyblade Graveyard
12. Scala Ad Caelum

Nomura has been saying from the beginning there would be a lesser number of worlds from the previous KH games because this time around the worlds are much bigger, take longer to make and have more content/volume. So not sure why you're disappointed.
It's mostly that none of the given franchises other than, mayyyyyyyybe Big Hero 6 particularly wow me. Nothing cool or unexpected in there like Tron.

Like, I was secretly hoping for some Marvel or Star Wars, but that was unlikely from the beginning. It's just that there aren't any worlds in here that surprise me, or really make me think "WOAH! Nomura actually put this in here?!" like previous games.

Ultraviolence

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly after a video taken with an iPhone changed my mind on Olympus, a world I've actively hated since I first started playing KH, I'm not really affected by the world count.

Darkpyro2

Oct 27, 2017
What particularly were you thinking of, out of curiosity?

Basically a massive assumption.
I mean, Star Wars and Marvel would have been big ones, but totally unlikely.

Why not Treasure Planet? or Atlantis? Or DINOSAURS FFS! Disney has such an awesome back catalog of obscure films that they could have included something really out there and cool.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Big hero six is that odd pick world to me, and technically it is marvel lol

Last edited:

Lazarusse

Jan 8, 2019
Okay so, kingdom hearts japanese twitter account started to post pictures every day. Until the release I guess.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Darkness? I haven't seen bh6 since it was out in theaters and I don't remember that, wouldn't surprise me if I'm misrembering.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Big hero six is that odd pick world to me, and technically it is marvel lol
It's super popular and adds a new environment that the series hasn't really seen before. To me the strangest pick is PotC. I wouldn't be surprised if that's only in because Nomura wanted to do ship combat.

Sly_Ardyn

Dec 30, 2018
In the talks of world quality over quantity, you should rewatch Mulan and play the "Land of Dragons" world in KINGDOM HEARTS II/FM. The game downplays the movie A LOT that it's ridiculous. I'd prefer this type of world building in KH3 than the one in KH2. Other than that, yes, we'd need a massive original world in the next saga.

Dec 25, 2018
I wish that TPAF was given a chance, but the movie didn't have the success of the others picked.

The only world that I feel like was done very badly in KH games is Lilo and Stitch, really wish it would be given a proper Hawaii world. That would be so beautiful, but I guess it'd be similar to DI.

Dec 25, 2018
TP and Atlantis were failures to Disney, they want worlds that will sell KH. That's why the world list for KH3 uses pretty big IPs. Sure the 3 musketeers got it, but I think it's more due to Mickey.