• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I do. I don't really like the Dream Eaters.
I don't like Nomura dropping all of his cards on the table to reveal that he's just cribbing from star wars and I didn't like playing as Terra: The Amazing Man born with no personality either.

But yeah the Dream Eaters were a very "Nintendo handheld game eh?" decision.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
I don't like Nomura dropping all of his cards on the table to reveal that he's just cribbing from star wars and I didn't like playing as Terra: The Amazing Man born with no personality either.

But yeah the Dream Eaters were a very "Nintendo handheld game eh?" decision.
I mean cribbing from Star Wars is what pretty much all of the Final Fantasy games do too so it's probably ingrained.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I have a specific style when playing and I felt like Terra and aqua were not meant to be played the way I wanted. Bbs is a good game but 9/10 I'll go DDD. Plus I went from not really caring for Riku to liking him a lot through the course of his story.

Kcannon

Oct 30, 2017
BBS's plot relies too much on everybody being uncommunicative idiots to be enjoyable.

Last edited:

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Imagine still unironically liking BBS over DDD
?????

Even if the worlds are small, literally everything else is better about BBS, and I'm not even crazy about that game - I just think DDD is largely bad. Like... Dream Eater designs suck, there's a fair bit of uninspired music, very little side-content, really bad cutscenes, etc.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
really bad cutscenes, etc.
Huh? I'd argue they're much more animated than me in bbs, but it's not like there's this divede between them?

And the worlds being not the best in bbs is a big negative for me, I've already aired my greivances in this thread for the "lilo" and stitch world.

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

The god awful usage of time travel as a convenience device by Nomura - the entire third act of DDD, really - was so bad, it not only ruined any enjoyment of the game for me, but it pretty much killed my obsession for the series. It downgraded my interest in KH3 from "I need this more than anything else" to "Cool, I'll play it when it comes out and I have the time I guess." Beyond that; gameplay wise, wasn't a fan of flowmotion, and I only stopped hating dream eaters towards the end of the game - at that point I simply tolerated them.

BBS' plot was excellent by comparison, has my favourite music in the series, shot locks and form changes in battle were pretty great. Biggest flaw for BBS was its world and level design (which DDD only marginally improved on).

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
it fucking seeded the time travel

also I sort of enjoyed the "you will wander endlessly" boss battle.

Well, only by the secret boss. Any hints of time travel within the plot itself could have gone elsewhere as well.

Also, I don't have an issue with time travel being implemented - I usually enjoy dealing with time travel and alternate universes in fiction - I have an issue with time travel being implemented in this specific way. Full of nonsensical rules that only exist because it came out of nowhere and would otherwise cause a ton of plot holes. I feel it was only implemented as a convenience because Nomura didn't know how else to lead into 3.

(also, what boss is that a reference to, I'm drawing a blank lol)

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Huh? I'd argue they're much more animated than me in bbs, but it's not like there's this divede between them?

And the worlds being not the best in bbs is a big negative for me, I've already aired my greivances in this thread for the "lilo" and stitch world.
BBS also has pretty poor cutscenes, but DDD is just super shoddy. The perspective of Yen Sid's Tower is all fucked up (which is kind of unacceptable considering how many scenes are set there):

NKdsLL7.jpg

tRAEeka.jpg

And there's just way less of them. 2 hours less, even if you include all the aimless optional ones that shouldn't have been in the game at all (5 hours and 2 minutes for DDD, 6 hours and 54 minutes for BBS).

Last edited:

Ultraviolence

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
?????

Even if the worlds are small, literally everything else is better about BBS, and I'm not even crazy about that game - I just think DDD is largely bad. Like... Dream Eater designs suck, there's a fair bit of uninspired music, very little side-content, really bad cutscenes, etc.
I'm not gonna let you shit on Ryu Dragon, Sudo Neku, and Lord Kyroo like that.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not gonna let you shit on Ryu Dragon, Sudo Neku, and Lord Kyroo like that.
The only good idea there is Lord Kyroo, and he's a terrible rendition of it :P Including pictures of the three you highlighted:

300px-Ryu_Dragon_%28Spirit%29_KH3D.png

254px-Sudo_Neku_%28Spirit%29_KH3D.png

300px-Lord_Kyroo_%28Spirit%29_KH3D.png

They're all so busy and garish. It's even worse when it comes to blending them into the worlds... Like, heartless and nobodies work pretty well with the environments, but wtf:

A9bmYtX.jpg

fHKnjpd.jpg

Thank god the few new heartless designs we've seen in the leaked footage are 10000x better than these.

Last edited:

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
All three of those designs are pretty good, I agree some of the bosses are too much but I like the standard dream eaters. That boss with the arm cannons is sick though.

I seem to have the reverse taste because I found the unversed boring. Tank Toppler is my boy though.

KaitoCam

Dec 29, 2018
He just posted a pic on twitter looks like his xbox is actually banned. I wonder if that elgato ever showed up?

Winston1

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I enjoyed BBS, or at least half of it. There are certainly big issues, like everything involving Terra, but there are also a few redeeming elements, most notably Ventus's strong campaign.

Meanwhile, I barely made it past the first world in DDD before giving up on it, and everything I've heard about the game has put me off from trying to give it another go.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine unironically liking either of them.

Edit: This was meant to be snark at the person I quoted, but that really didn't come across in the text. I wasn't actually trying to say that there was something wrong with enjoying the games.

Last edited:

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I expect nothing more than a pan of a save room in Scala lmao. He made is sound like the city was mostly explored through boss fights, and you know, spoilers...

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I expect 15 seconds of the world, walking forward, the full 30 second load screen, and end vid.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
So it is as we predicted, a bunch of bosses spread out through the city. Honestly it's kinda cool.

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
35 seconds BUT HOLY SHIT THE MUSIC
Also: "Fight the mysterious adversaries"

OMG that piano. Also, seems to be bigger than he stated after all. I wonder what those enemies were, they were holding blades of light or something. Darkling former dandelions/Union members or something?

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
So that's roughly 3 or 4 areas where we fight these figures (assuming we fight all of them), then one final area for the final throwdown.