• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm actually surprised I would have to play the old games. Even if I did I would have forgot everything. My old brain forgets a games story a week later.

Even More surprised because a lot of kids will be picking this up as there first KH game and you think the developers would have a recap or something in game.
They did do that. It's called the bloody collection with every game in it.

No one but Xbox users have any right to complain about no recap or not understanding the story because they didn't play X game.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like having two threads would be the best option, but I don't if that's too much.

I just hate clicking on spoilers in an unmarked spoiler thread. Kinda defeats the purpose of the thread.

This is a leak that happened one month before game release.

Everyone is anxious about gameplay and features.

We're not gonna go ahead and literally ruin the game's story for a majority because some people don't want to click on a spoiler which takes 2 seconds lol.

Making two threads seems dumb too. Close to release I guess this thread will turn into full story spoilers.
Once we have actual reviews and all that detailing the gameplay and content.

Deleted member 34881

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Ive only been looking at gameplay stuff. Theres no way Ill ever be tempted to look up story stuff lol I waited years for this game, I can handle a month.

Dec 25, 2018
We won't have major spoilers unless some other guy leaks the game. Luckily a fan is leaking the game, and I'm satisfied with what he is showing. It's getting me super hyped.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Seems like having two threads would be the best option, but I don't if that's too much.

I just hate clicking on spoilers in an unmarked spoiler thread. Kinda defeats the purpose of the thread.
Man, who cares? There are people ITT that want to see gameplay, what's the issue with spoiler tagging stuff that people may not want to see?

Like we don't even have confirmed spoilers and people want a spoiler thread related to it, fucking lol.
This thread was made weeks back while we were under the assumption that the original leaker would actually go through the game and leak stuff. That isn't the case with the current dude who's adament on not spoiling anything. This thread is enough for discussing gameplay stuff until actual spoilers start rolling in. A new thread would be extra as fuck.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Man, who cares? There are people ITT that want to see gameplay, what's the issue with spoiler tagging stuff that people may not want to see?
Ok. So do I spoiler tag story stuff then? I just wanna know. Update the thread to reflect that.

I just don't want to reply to something and forget to tag and someone goes nuts. That's all, cause it is an unmarked spoiler thread.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah and let me state if it isn't clear :

This leak is very unusual, because a fan got the game and decided to not leak anything about the story, to avoid ruining it for people.

That's with this knowledge that many of us came here to check out the gameplay and non spoilery bits.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah and let me state if it isn't clear :

This leak is very unusual, because a fan got the game and decided to not leak anything about the story, to avoid ruining it for people.

That's with this knowledge that many of us came here to check out the gameplay and non spoilery bits.
Ok this makes sense. Just wanted to be clear on expectations. This is also so no one comes and adds story spoilers that are unmarked as well. Because that can easily happen.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Ok. So do a spoiler tag story stuff then? I just wanna know. Update the thread to reflect that.

I just don't want to reply to something and forget to tag and someone goes nuts. That's all, cause it is an unmarked spoiler thread.
Like I said, I'm doubtful that we'll get any serious spoilers atm so there's plenty of people roaming this thread for gameplay stuff and other miscellaneous info. This has kind of become the psuedo leak thread and I don't really see any point in making a separate one. It's better to just keep potential spoilers under a tag for now until proper spoilers start rolling in. Gives a chance for those not interested in spoiling the story to leave and ignore the thread.

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
So...

185px-Ephemer_KHXBC.png
latest

What if Braig's scarf was stolen from Ephemera's? According to this leak, something happens at the end of Union Cross that cause the disappearance of the dandelions and the Union leaders falling out; we can assume that all of them ended up in pre-BBS era (like Lauriam, Ventus, Elrena and Braig) while Ephemera allegedly ends up trapped inside Kingdom Hearts with the black box (even if Luxu should be the one guarding it). It would also explain why no one knows where the box it, not even Xehanort, being a descendant from Luxu.

To add to this... rewatching Braig's scenes in BBS, when he confronts Xehanort about Terra going all during their fight, he is surprised to see the No Name keyblade at the hands of Xehanort... at the moment we took is as if he was chickened out since MX just summoned his keyblade and meant serious business, but what if he actually recognized the No Name keyblade because he personally knew Luxu?

This is the last time we see pre-Norted Braig and it always seemed sudden that Braig would be on board with the Organization XIII business at that point when he apparently just met MX. What if he was so eager to work with MX because it was a secure route to meeting again with the other Union leaders and finding our where the Black Box was?

Before any of you try to come for me for the scarf theory, we just had a completely new character introduced in Union Cross which turned out to be Marluxia's sister, and he design is inspired by details taken from Marluxia's final form in fucking Chain of Memories so lol

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
I think he is underestimating how far into the game he is. I would also think during my first playthrough, without nobody telling me so, that FFXV Altissia is the midway point lol

Regarding spoiler tags

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Official Staff Communication
A couple things: This is a spoiler thread. Spoiler tags are not required. The purpose of a spoiler thread is to openly discuss spoilers. If you still want to tag your own posts as spoilers, you can, but members cannot enforce behavior on other members. This has come up multiple times in this thread and there's no reason for this discussion to continue. Open spoilers are to be expected in a topic with UNMARKED SPOILERS in the thread title. If you are sensitive to certain spoilers over others it is your own responsibility to avoid the thread.

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
A couple things:
1. This is a spoiler thread. Spoiler tags are not required. The purpose of a spoiler thread is to openly discuss spoilers.
2. If you still want to tag your own posts as spoilers, you can, but members cannot enforce behavior on other members.

This has come up multiple times in this thread and there's no reason for this discussion to continue. Open spoilers are to be expected in a topic with UNMARKED SPOILERS in the thread title. If you are sensitive to certain spoilers over others it is your own responsibility to avoid the thread.

That being said, it takes a total of three seconds to spoiler tag a story plot point. Three seconds to save a random unsuspecting stranger a ton of heartache isn't a bad investment at all.

Even if it's not a set in stone rule of the site/thread, I'd still like to ask everyone to consider continuing the use of the tags. They're easy to click, and easy to ignore. I'll be clicking on all of them on site anyway, I need them plot points NOW

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
A couple things:
1. This is a spoiler thread. Spoiler tags are not required. The purpose of a spoiler thread is to openly discuss spoilers.
2. If you still want to tag your own posts as spoilers, you can, but members cannot enforce behavior on other members.

This has come up multiple times in this thread and there's no reason for this discussion to continue. Open spoilers are to be expected in a topic with UNMARKED SPOILERS in the thread title. If you are sensitive to certain spoilers over others it is your own responsibility to avoid the thread.
Thank you.

Didn't understand why people were getting pissy about spoilers in a thread that literally says UNMARKED SPOILERS in all caps in the title.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Official Staff Communication
A couple things: This is a spoiler thread. Spoiler tags are not required. The purpose of a spoiler thread is to openly discuss spoilers.If you still want to tag your own posts as spoilers, you can, but members cannot enforce behavior on other members. This has come up multiple times in this thread and there's no reason for this discussion to continue. Open spoilers are to be expected in a topic with UNMARKED SPOILERS in the thread title. If you are sensitive to certain spoilers over others it is your own responsibility to avoid the thread.

Thank god you're here to lay down the law, this oh no story spoilers attitude is ridiculous

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
That being said, it takes a total of three seconds to spoiler tag a story plot point. Three seconds to save a random unsuspecting stranger a ton of heartache isn't a bad investment at all.

Even if it's not a set in stone rule of the site/thread, I'd still like to ask everyone to consider continuing the use of the tags. They're easy to click, and easy to ignore. I'll be clicking on all of them on site anyway, I need them plot points NOW

A random unsuspecting stranger should not be clicking this very clearly marked thread. There is zero reason to do so. That's the end of it. Please move on.

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
Information
12/28 unconfirmed story leak recap

Link: http://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/44456415

I decided to recap the information in a single post since the thread got updated by new answers from the alleged leaker and we didn't notice. I decided to tag individual story spoilers so people wanting to only read some information can easily do so. Leaker clarified that he didn't have access to the entire game and didn't get the ending spoiled, that's why the story spoilers stop at a certain ending revelation.

> Worlds
all disney worlds have been shown already. mysterious tower and twilight town are not the same location this time. radiant garden, castle oblivion and keyblade graveyard are in but like mysterious tower, they are pretty small and not fully fledged worlds.

Disclaimer: Leaker later clarifies that he meant that Mysterious Tower and Twilight Town share world icon but get different world logos upon visit. Twilight Town is one of the first worlds.

Final playable World List would be:
Twilight Town/Mysterious Tower (small)
Olympus
Toy Box
Kingdom of Corona
Dark Realm
Arendelle
Monstropolis
Pooh (small)
Twilight Town
The Caribbean
San Fransokyo
Castle Oblivion (small)
Radiant Garden (small)
Keyblade Graveyard (small)
Scala ad Caelum & Final Location

> Playable Characters
sora and riku, no third playable character. the twist is that the game makes it seem controling riku will be a one time thing but you regain control later at the end.

> Final Fantasy characters
squall and rinoa get scenes in radiant garden, kid noctis gets a short appearance (he has lost his friends and follows sora, donald and goofy thinking they were the three lost heroes). everyone else "busy" with the city restoration program.

> Story premise (first hours)
beginning picks up directly after 0.2, sora goes to hercules to regain his lost strength but the world gets attacked by the organization, hades teams up with maleficent and they unleash the titants. then sora gets his clothes at mysterious tower and is tasked by yen sid by finding the key to return the lost friends, while riku must find the bbs trio, yen sid reminds them that their mission is urgent since if they don't find the seven guardians in good form, xehanort will go after the princesses of heart, so sora must travel to the disney worlds avoiding that while he finds out the key

> Axel, Kairi, Naminé, Xion
their mission is to train for the xehanort fight so they don't meet sora and riku. their scenes are isolated from the rest of the story. kairi has namine's painting book
Roxas remembers Xion when he comes back. Axel starts remembering some stuff when he's with Kairi. Nobody else remembers Xion except Xemnas I think, and they use that to fuel her hatred.

> Identity of the true Organization XIII members
master xehanort, young xehanort, ansem, xemnas, terra, vanitas, xigbar, saix, demyx, luxord, vexen, marluxia and laxerne. these last two leave midway and are replaced by fake riku and xion

> Key to return hearts
sora is asked by yen sid to search for this key, and the twist is that it's not an actual keyblade but the ability to heal the pain of a suffering heart that is connected to yours. it's explained that sora already used this key with ventus in bbs. sora returns ventus heart in castle oblivion while laxerne, vanitas and aqua fight

> Kingdom Hearts 3's connection to Chi/Union Cross
after marluxia reveals himself to sora in tangled, he gets wounded by the battle against the heroes. he flees to keyblade graveyard but is met with just xigbar, which reveals that he is following xehanort's steps since he is connected to a lost master called luxu. before kh1, xigbar recruited marluxia since his true goal was to take revenge for the missing dandelions. it's implied a fallout by the union leaders. xigbar informed marluxia and laxerne about xemnas past and the events of bbs and the two of them wanted to find ventus for revenge. it's revealed that xigbar had a twin brother and they both wore the same robes at one point, mischeiving against the rest thanks to the book of prophecies. xigbar kills marluxia. laxerne flees.

(When asked about clarification on Larxene's role): Laxerne leaves the Organization later when she finds out about Marluxia's fate at the hands of Xigbar and spies on Xion and Riku joining them. She laters attempts to fight Vanitas and Aqua when Ventus is revealed but is defeated and enters a dark portal/dies don't remember what
(When asked about clarification on Union Ventus): It's not explained or confirmed why Ventus and the other union leaders got into a fight and ended up in present time. Xigbar shares details about also being a dandelion and hints about the events that happened in the mobile game but I think they are saving those revelations for the mobile game. It's not explained how Laxenre joined the Organization neither if I recall, or why Ephemeria ended up in his situation

> Maleficent
she's looking for the black box and xehanort's keyblade, she travels the worlds in order to gain a piece of xehanort's heart for herself in order to access the keyblade. she still has the ability to control heartless. by gathering the princesses of heart, she believes to be in a position to negotiate with master xehanort

> Roxas
as hinted to ienzo by king ansem, sora gets to twilight town in virtual mode in order to return roxas heart to a vessel made of data, however the capsule opens and it's empty. they lose hope of seeing roxas again and during the final battle, it's revealed that roxas had already returned by himself when riku restored sora's heart in dream drop distance

> Scala ad Caelum
xehanort and sora are the last ones standing after the keyblade graveyard battle, the chi blade is forged by the clash and xehanort claims kingdom hearts for himself by using the power of his other selves and offering the six guardians of light as a counterpart. with the power to create a new balance between darkness and light, he recreates the land of the lost masters, scala ad caelum, sora travels there. after meeting everyone again at scala ad caelum and they defeat master xehanort, he opens the gate to kingdom hearts and flees there, the heroes follow him and end up in literal shinjuku

Big open areas but you won't get to explore everything. I would say they designed Scala ad Caelum and the Radiant City to be two parts of the same world, or a continuation. You can't access the Radiant City by the world map, but there's a save point near Kingdom Hearts entrance in Scala.

> Final Location
(It's Kingdom Hearts) the world logo is kh1's title card but it becomes corrupted and it is revealed as the radiant city asleep in the shadows or something like that. hooded figure carrying the black box appears and reveals himself as ephemer. he recognizes xehanot's keyblade and summons his keyblade to battle him, but it's defeated and master xehanort steals the box, which contains a second kingdom hearts living inside a human heart.

(When asked about if it really was Shinjuku): There are no actual persons, cars and stuff. It's a more realistic world than the KH2 endgame but it still logical to the KH characters, no realistic graphics and japanese citizens walking the streets
(When asked about Ephemera's appearance and the Black Box): Ephemeria is the one carrying the box around in KH3, but it's not explained why he got it in the first place. It does explain that he and Ventus know eachother but the game doesn't explain how each character ended up where they are.

> 7 new Princesses of Heart
They don't end up getting gathered at the game, pretty sure they are a hint for a future sequel. They mention that Kairi, Rapunzel and Anna are three of them. Pete also talks with Maleficent that his shoes are still wet from the last visit to a world filled with sea water and a crab, so Ariel might be one of the new princesses. But the world does not appear.

> Identity of the 7 Guardians of Light
Sora, Riku, Kairi, Mickey, Ventus, Aqua, Axel are the seven lights. When Master Xehanort takes everyone to Scala Sora is the only one remaining along with Donald and Goofy.

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
do we know anything about the new seven princesses of heart?

also no mention of namine whew

dunno i'm in the camp that this is bull

If you mean officially, we only know that Kairi is the only one that is still a princess after the rest used their powers in KH1, while Anna, Elsa and Rapunzel are being targeted by the Organization as possible new candidates. Taking into account the world selection in this game, picking 7 female characters that fit the "Disney Princess" criteria would have been pretty difficult.

The leak briefly mentions Namine but it seems that she might just be unimportant after all. She doesn't even show up during the opening lol

Dragmire

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The leak briefly mentions Namine but it seems that she might just be unimportant after all. She doesn't even show up during the opening lol
This series is still garbage when it comes to female characters.
What is the point of this seven light build up if only one of them
is the last one standing for a final fight that should include everyone affected by the events of the series?

Deleted member 42686

Banned
Apr 26, 2018
That all sounds as much as crazy as it reads. But judging the story until now, this kinda sounds like him.

I'm holding myself to not try find any connection with this "brother". Because...the first thing that came my mind after reading it were the Dandelions.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Leak or no leak (pretty sure it's BS, for the record), if there's any one character that got one hell of a come up, it's Axel/Lea.

From a minor CoM antagonist that wasn't even intended to live past the KH2 prologue to a straight up keyblade wielding main hero with an active part to play in the final conflict. He came out better than a lot of other characters, that's for damn sure.

lusca_bueno

Nov 23, 2017
Braig and Brain being twins would be a pretty sad reveal lol

Also, I hope all of this is not true as it leaves A LOT of unfinished business, but hopefully if true, the secret movie and epilogue does the story justice.

Fusionterra

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Are you all that gullible?

It's the same fucking person who is posting 3 different leaks and every time he is proved wrong. It's even the same structural sentence.

Deleted member 42686

Banned
Apr 26, 2018
Leak or no leak (pretty sure it's BS, for the record), if there's any one character that got one hell of a come up, it's Axel/Lea.

From a minor CoM antagonist that wasn't even intended to live past the KH2 prologue to a straight up keyblade wielding main hero with an active part to play in the final conflict. He came out better than a lot of other characters, that's for damn sure.

I may even risk saying that he handles even better than Sora and Riku. He's a character that looking the way he acts, it's difficult to read or to know what his planning. Yet he still care alot for his friends(which causes conflicts, 358/2 is a result of that).

Dec 25, 2018
AFAIK, he is only playing every night and he said it takes him 2.5-3 hours to get through each world.

He just started pirate's a few hours ago, so tonight might be pirate's gameplay. I have a feeling he probably won't do end game worlds as I would imagine he would consider that "spoilers"

Hope he shows synth soon

Dec 25, 2018
if 20+ hours of his time is just doing side quests stuff, that's good, but at the same time, I usually do side quest stuff after I beat KH games with the exception of KH1.

Zimmiwood

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017

lol he came out way better than kairi who was supposed to be a title character...