• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
I think you're confusing my point about verticality as "verticality like in KHIII". A lot of non-cartoonish open world games have a lot of verticality. Assassin's Creed, for instance, is a series build on exactly that, though of course we don't need Noctis climbing walls in FF. But their open worlds aren't flat, with multiple surface levels. The Witcher 3 is another example. It's not about Noctis gliding or flying over the city, but about making the game world not flat. If you see a hill on XV, they're basically visible borders/walls on the game world that box you in.

I see. It's weird that he had to say it's about not wanting to wait 4 days, though, if he can indeed play the JP version normally.

Ah I see what you mean now. Oh sure, you meant like AC. That makes more sense then. I'm still confused though as in Witcher 3 everything was similar to FFXV as you couldn't just climb over the invisible walls of rocks and same goes for towns. Geralt isn't that versatile and even less so than Noctis because he can't teleport around everywhere. I understand what you mean now though, but with Assassin's Creed it's a gameplay and design choice that define that gameplay and world of that series. I don't necessarily think it should be in everything. Only if it makes sense should it be in a game. For example, Spider-Man it makes complete sense and works really well. If Spidey couldn't move around freely and was restricted it would never work.

Last edited:

haolee510

Banned
Dec 27, 2018
I'm still confused though as in Witcher 3 everything was similar to FFXV as you couldn't just climb over the invisible walls of rocks and same goes for towns. Geralt isn't that versatile and even less so than Noctis because he can't teleport around everywhere.
See, that's what I'm talking about: Geralt's mobility was pretty limited, but the open world was designed in a way that traversal isn't just set on a single surface level. There are a lot of elevations, underground passageways connecting back up top, and multiple-stories buildings. FFXV does have these things, but they're few and far between, mostly saved for key locations and not naturally out there in the game world.

TL;DR It's less about the character's traversal means, but the level/world design.

Another good example is the Souls game, I guess. Though they're much less open and more linear.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
See, that's what I'm talking about: Geralt's mobility was pretty limited, but the open world was designed in a way that traversal isn't just set on a single surface level. There are a lot of elevations, underground passageways connecting back up top, and multiple-stories buildings. FFXV does have these things, but they're few and far between, mostly saved for key locations and not naturally out there in the game world.

TL;DR It's less about the character's traversal means, but the level/world design.

Another good example is the Souls game, I guess. Though they're much less open and more linear.

So you mean more interactions with the environment, level, design, world, etc. That's definitely true. While the cities and towns and XV's were often large or decently sied in scope and you did have NPCS and sidequests all around, you couldn't really go inside most buildings and there were areas you could see that you couldn't go too. Apart this, there were clear blockings from where you could and couldn't proceed and you were restricted to where you were. Though this is HD towns in general. Witcher 3 did do it right as you could pretty much enter and go through many areas in one area or town, including most if not all houses. DQXI did this too. But what you're saying also sounds like KH3. Both FFXV and KH3 are similar then because it looks like there's a lot there but the substance is lacking. BH6 is grand and you can go around everywhere but you're still being limited to things you can see but can't get too. So it has content but at the same time lacks content?

So in that sense, Witcher 3 and DQXI still have that blueprint. Imagine if you were restricted in anyway with Spider-Man and blocked off from NYC. So you're swinging freely but then stopped abruptly and forced to swing the other way because you hit an invisible wall. That just wouldn't work, so I agree with you now that I understand what you're saying.

Last edited:

Vishmarx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm the only human on the planet who prefers every single settlement in witcher 2 to novigrad in 3.
Every fucking time, this thread will end it FFXV derail, sick of tired of it. It's always the same members too.

Leaker said, there is no npc in this world until you defeat dark baymax in daytime. They could probably add 500 npc's with all text bubbles if they want that, but there is no npc that talks in text bubble, everything is voiced. It's more of a voice actor problem.

Yes, dragon quest town are more lively, it has less budged etc, but there is no verticaliy.

Actually dq11 does have verticality.
Obviously no wall running but plenty of them have higher areas or roofs or ramps that you can climb/jump up to to find hidden treasures.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
Every fucking time, this thread will end it FFXV derail, sick of tired of it. It's always the same members too.

Leaker said, there is no npc in this world until you defeat dark baymax in daytime. They could probably add 500 npc's with all text bubbles if they want that, but there is no npc that talks in text bubble, everything is voiced. It's more of a voice actor problem.

Yes, dragon quest town are more lively, it has less budged etc, but there is no verticaliy.

FFXV isn't the only game being discussed and don't call out people attacking them for that reason. Don't be that person. We're all just discussing casually here. Chill out.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
I'm the only human on the planet who prefers every single settlement in witcher 2 to novigrad in 3.

Actually dq11 does have verticality.
Obviously no wall running but plenty of them have higher areas or roofs or ramps that you can climb/jump up to to find hidden treasures.

You can jump around rooftops but it's still very limited. It works though cause just a little bit adds more fun to discovering things. So I would say it's verticality, just not like KH3 obviously. But Witcher 3 and FFXV are definitely not like that but they're also very differently designed games so I can't fault either of them for it either.

What settlement are you referring too? I don't even remember much of TW3 as it's been so long but the town in Blood & Wine was incredible. Don't remember what it was called.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
For the record, I was saying he didn't have any orichalcum based on the BH6 video, which shows him scrolling through almost the whole workshop and also had 40 hours logged in the menu. I guess he must have recorded that earlier on today and then he found some in the time between recording that and posting those pics of Donald and Goofy's weapons.

Fusionterra

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I say Kingdom Hearts is jack of all trade game, mediocre to good level design inferior to example spiderman/xenoblade 2, ok to good combat inferior dmc, graphics are good but inferior to ubisoft games,ffxv, red dead 2, god of war etc...

Story and characters? Nothing has show yet so no comment.

Only the music is excellent.

Vishmarx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You can jump around rooftops but it's still very limited. It works though cause just a little bit adds more fun to discovering things. So I would say it's verticality, just not like KH3 obviously. But Witcher 3 and FFXV are definitely not like that but they're also very differently designed games so I can't fault either of them for it either.

What settlement are you referring too? I don't even remember much of TW3 as it's been so long but the town in Blood & Wine was incredible. Don't remember what it was called.
novigrad. it felt big and crowded for the sake of it. felt like it was missing personality and charm.
the only characteristic thing that stood out about it besides a generic middle ages trade town is the square with the performers and the monks on the northern end of the town. none of who'm played any significant part in missions.

witcher 2 had smaller areas (the village , the war camp and the town on the cliff) all of which were very unique and used the setting as setpieces much better.
even w3 has a warcamp that you absolutely never go to.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a trophy to 100% the journal?
Gold - Hidden Kings - Complete the lucky Emblems section of the Gummiphone.
Bronze - Know Thine Enemy - Complete the Adversaries section of the Gummiphone.
Silver - No Stone Unturned - Complete the Treasures section of the Gummiphone.
Silver - Synthesist - Complete the Synthesis section of the Gummiphone.
Bronze - One for the Books - Complete the Game Records section of the Gummiphone.

Eien1no1Yami

Oct 30, 2017
Bronze - One for the Books - Complete the Game Records section of the Gummiphone.
Thanks, so it seems rhat some of the more usual KH stuff are behind those trophies.
What I mean is that there may not be a secrwt boss trophy but you probably gonna have to beat the secret boss the leaker mentioned in order to get ine if the above trophies.
Sad for no critical trophy though :(.
Oh well...I'll definetely do a critical run anyways :)

haolee510

Banned
Dec 27, 2018
Both FFXV and KH3 are similar then because it looks like there's a lot there but the substance is lacking. BH6 is grand and you can go around everywhere but you're still being limited to things you can see but can't get too. So it has content but at the same time lacks content?
You're correct. KHIII's San Fransokyo didn't look that much better than XV in terms of how much content there is. But I personally feel SF has at least multiple levels of elevation, which was something XV lacks. In XV, to get something as multi-layered as what we see in that KHIII video, we have to go into dungeons, and even then the scale is much more limited.

But yeah, these two games are lacking in this regard. I mean, it's not like KH is open world, but with how big the individual worlds seem to be now, they're starting to face the same problems open world games often do.

KaitoCam

Dec 29, 2018
The Toy Box fight took that entire video 14 minutes. Granted he's trash at the game and does not know how to block, but that's like a tournament fight right there. Would it be nice to have a proper colosseum, yeah it would be. However i'm satisfied with those gates.

Also anyone notice how there were at least 3 of 4 instances where he had 1 hp but didn't die. he was being pelted with blasts but never died

Ultraviolence

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lmfaooo
XbUfSrU.gif

Kingsora

May 19, 2018
It makes me wonder though. The leaker is a big Kingdom Hearts-fan apparently and nobody can't argue that the game looks gorgeous and fun to play and with great music often. Even after 40 hours he still has stuff to do, so there is also enough content.

But why does he only give the game a 7,3/10? That means the story must be really, really bad? Take in mind, he is a Kingdom Hearts-fan so he probably liked the story before KH3.

Last edited:

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Don't spoil any story stuff then

Now I will try to make a cutscene compilation on Youtube. I even have everything I need (HDMI Splitter if there is any blocked scenes and ElGato) :P

Just leave a thread like this. What would you have done if I just summarized every little bit next week without taggin it in this thread (like it's suppose to be?)?

Edit: Before you think I am an asshole. It's a joke and I won't do that (but only because there will surely be someone before me and I only do that with games where I am the first on Youtube like with Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 back then for example). I also only upload stuff which is already released on my main channel because back then when Assassins Creed Brotherhood released I uploaded videos two weeks before release and also almost got banned on Youtube. :(

BigBluePig

Jul 5, 2018
Just leave a thread like this.

The problem is, that's not enough.

I'm actually in this thread specifically so I know when spoilers hit. Assholes are anywhere and everywhere on the internet. I can get spoiled on almost any website just because edgy kids get a rush from ruining things for people. I'll have to go on blackout and that's absolute horseshit, but thanks to assholes it's how the world is.

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
If a good cutscene compilation came out before release (like two weeks before, not just a couple of days) I would probably watch it. That way I would be able to enjoy the game leisurely without worrying about spoilers here, on YouTube or on Reddit (or anywhere else).

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Its a 7.4 (holy arbitrary scales batman) out of 10" says guy who patently refuses to learn how to play video game.

HitMissYeah

Oct 30, 2017
Anyone knows what difficulties are available? Is it Beginner/Normal/Proud or are we getting a Critical Mode here?

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

I'm actually in this thread specifically so I know when spoilers hit. Assholes are anywhere and everywhere on the internet. I can get spoiled on almost any website just because edgy kids get a rush from ruining things for people. I'll have to go on blackout and that's absolute horseshit, but thanks to assholes it's how the world is.

And what can you change? Nothing. You can block and not visit any sites for the next weeks till the games release and even then you have people on forums spoiling stuff. I uploaded stuff weeks before not because I wanted to get the story and everything out to the world, but more because if you are the one of the first people on Youtube uploading that stuff you will get a ton of views and with that your channel can grow fast. I don't care about putting spoilers in my videos, but if there is a cool story fight anyone wants to see like Sora vs. Aqua then that part would be named [GER] Kingdom Hearts III Playthrough Part #22 Boss Battle Sora vs. Aqua for example because you get a shit ton of views with that.

What I want to say is that not everyone wants to spoiler stuff, but to be noticed you sometimes use this to get more views.

Edit: I can still see your point of course. It's just I don't care about spoilers in any media at all so I never had this problem.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
It makes me wonder though. The leaker is a big Kingdom Hearts-fan apparently and nobody can't argue that the game looks gorgeous and fun to play and with great music often. Even after 40 hours he still has stuff to do, so there is also enough content.

But why does he only give the game a 7,3/10? That means the story must be really, really bad? Take in mind, he is a Kingdom Hearts-fan so he probably liked the story before KH3.
It's not really clear what the deal is, whether it's the story or something else. He did say at one point that it's "definitely not" the ending that he takes issues with, but some stuff towards the middle, specifically the last Disney world and stuff that happens soon after.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
And what can you change? Nothing. You can block and not visit any sites for the next weeks till the games release and even then you have people on forums spoiling stuff. I uploaded stuff weeks before not because I wanted to get the story and everything out to the world, but more because if you are the one of the first people on Youtube uploading that stuff you will get a ton of views and with that your channel can grow fast. I don't care about putting spoilers in my videos, but if there is a cool story fight anyone wants to see like Sora vs. Aqua then that part would be named [GER] Kingdom Hearts III Playthrough Part #22 Boss Battle Sora vs. Aqua for example because you get a shit ton of views with that.

What I want to say is that not everyone wants to spoiler stuff, but to be noticed you sometimes use this to get more views.

Edit: I can still see your point of course. It's just I don't care about spoilers in any media at all so I never had this problem.

I cant believe I am saying this

for the love of all that is humanly good please do your absolute best to spoil the crap out of this game

I'm actually sick of all the KH people who think their franchise is on a pedestal that cant be spoiled and think they can either change how people do things or the rules of a spoiler thread because they've "been waiting so long". We all know the rules of the road here and we all have to follow them, simple as that.

If you simply can't handle early news of a fictional work then you get off the internet. If you choose to submerge yourself into the higher levels community of a work you would openly embrace spoilers to make sure it doesnt get out.

If some one like you had done the leak earlier you would have gotten high views but everyone would have moved on quickly enough. Here there are a bunch of people eyes on that one guy who has been drip feeding for weeks now to get some extra drawn out attention.

I hate Rick and Morty too, but the comparison feels apt, tear off that damn bandaid now so we can all move on instead of waiting at baited breath for this attention seeker.

Mandikiri

Banned
Apr 21, 2018
Boston, MA.

Lmao at this guy. At this point you're just trolling. Surprised a mod hasn't actually stopped you yet.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
This *leaker* is getting annoying now. He's leaking the game already but refuses to leak *spoilers* I'm not one to advocate spoilers but you have the game early and are leaking information about it anyway, why not just leak everything regardless? It's just obnoxious because he keeps leading people on then just puts spoiler with every sentence. Just make a separate account or page and leak spoilers to people who want it. Again, I don't want them but the method he's doing this in is really annoying, so I understand why people are having issue with him.

Last edited:

CrazyAznKT

Nov 8, 2017
Gummiphone putting Jiminy out of work

Elyian

Feb 7, 2018
Has he stated anywhere that he can't use items during the battle portals? I'm not sure if he doesn't have items equipped(which I can definitely see), or if he just can't use them which is why the item icon is grayed out.