• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
It's explained already. The time traveling Younganort has part of Oldanort's heart in him already.

That's why he can use the Keyblade too.

Is that the case? Don't remember that being shown in KH3D. Thought Younganort only had contact with Ansem SOD.
And even if he did, I remember in one of the secret endings, Braig was talking to Younganort that "even he doesn't know what the old man is thinking", but if he was possessed by him, surely he would?

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
The final boss is likely a bunch of the different Norts spread out in different areas around the city. So you beat one then get taken to another part of the city to fight another.

xfactor99

Oct 28, 2017

Sounds like Luxu and the black box aren't in the game (or any other characters from UX), but there was something about the mobile game that pissed the brother off? Strange....

Eien1no1Yami

Oct 30, 2017
The final boss is likely a bunch of the different Norts spread out in different areas around the city. So you beat one then get taken to another part of the city to fight another.
That's my guess as well and do you know what else would be really cool?
If for each member you defeat your keyblade/χblade gets a special ability that can help you beat another member
and there are different combinations you can do, so that's why Nomura talked about all the possibilities :P.
I mean...it's a just a theory don't get your hopes up.Let yourselves be surprised xD

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
No Box, no Luxu, no MoM. So that leaves like Chirithy, Marluxia, Larxene, or Ventus when it comes to the mobile games who were around then and are in KH3. I really don't know what it could be.

Feb 5, 2018
No Box, no Luxu, no MoM. So that leaves like Chirithy, Marluxia, Larxene, or Ventus when it comes to the mobile games who were around then and are in KH3. I really don't know what it could be.

The foretellers. But honestly im willing to believe the box does show up, just in the secret ending. Its mentioned by maleficent in game, if they dont address that later, it makes no sense to have the scene.

Feb 5, 2018
Are we sure they're still around? Last I checked they didn't get that free ride at the end of Chi.

We really dont know what happened to them. Plus, people dont technically die in KH, their hearts were likely just lost to darkness. Aka, Nomura could probably come up with a bs excuse to bring them back. I have a feeling they were introduced for a future plot point.

Feb 5, 2018
I honestly think that if it'll be related to anything, it'll have to do with Back Cover only. I don't think Nomura expects people to know the full X or UX story, which is why the movie was made in the first place. That gives us a few things to go off of:

-The Box
-The Book of Prophecies
-The Foretellers
-Luxu
-MoM
-Chirithy

The box was already mentioned by Maleficent in Olympus, and she mentions the book in Re:Coded. Chirithy was already spotted in a trailer. So, if not any of the 7 actual characters from Back Cover, it will at least focus on Chirithy or several of the objects in it. I'm also sure the secret movies will definitely have ties to those characters. It seems that X/Back Cover/UX is primarily used to tie the original games and whatever is coming after.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Maleficent talks more of the book of prophecies in re:coded. I'm gonna lol so hard if this is all still in the dream version if the worlds the dandelions flee to at the end of chi.

Sly_Ardyn

Dec 30, 2018
So, the opening's Young Xehanort has rounded ears, unlike his oldest self which has pointy ears. Anyone thinking that Xehanort could have been "norted" by someone else originally?

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Anyone thinking that Xehanort could have been "norted" by someone else originally?
A theory a lot of people have come up with is that MoM is possessing Xehanort. Some of his lines in BBS sound like the MoM could have said them, specifically the one about how he planned to survive to see what was beyond the Keyblade War which Xehanort wasn't even around for.

Feb 5, 2018
A theory a lot of people have come up with is that MoM is possessing Xehanort. Some of his lines in BBS sound like the MoM could have said them, specifically the one about how he planned to survive to see what was beyond the Keyblade War which Xehanort wasn't even around for.
I dont think its the MoM, his eyes specifically are the ones on the No Name keyblade. I do however think his apprentice Luxu is behind it. We see in the cinematic that Xehanort originally did not have gold eyes if we are to believe it. Its possible Luxu did.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
Gotta say, not a fan of the opening. KH1 and KH2 both had better songs fitted for the openings. The song just doesn't evoke that same feeling and doesn't really flow with it all too well. I have no problem with the song but it doesn't really work here.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
Also, this is hilarious. He posted a quote from The Dark Knight which I knew immediately and all the responses are basically thinking it was from the game so now they're mad he's leaking things and want to know what it means in context from the game, which made me Lol I honestly don't know what to say. These people need to relax and are really going to be screwed up when the game comes out.

https://www.reddit.com/r/KH3isLife/comments/aen7vv/you_either_die_a_hero_or_live_long_enough_to/

Dec 25, 2018
Big reason I want story spoilers is because I start college next week and I won't have a ton of time to sit and watch the cutscenes in KH3.

BigBluePig

Jul 5, 2018
Is that the case? Don't remember that being shown in KH3D. Thought Younganort only had contact with Ansem SOD.
And even if he did, I remember in one of the secret endings, Braig was talking to Younganort that "even he doesn't know what the old man is thinking", but if he was possessed by him, surely he would?

Heart and consciousness are different. I'm already HALF Xehanort is the line, right?

And we're told explicitly that Younganort can use the keyblade because of Oldanort's heart, which is also Ansem SoD's heart btw

But that doesn't explain why he wouldn't have those features later on. They're not temporary. He can't use the Keyblade either. That instance was because MX's consciousness possessed him during Mickey's Stopza spell when the recompletion was happening.

They are temporary with the way that time travel works in this series. When he returns to his own time he should return to normal.

As I said above, consciousness and heart are related but different

I also have a pet theory that the Younganort that time traveled was a Nobody, but it's impossible to substantiate with what we know now

BigBluePig

Jul 5, 2018
Sounds like Luxu more than MoM

PurgeVIII

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
United States
Reading the replies to the KH3 Opening thread on Era just tells me that I should steer clear of the OT once it hits lol

Last edited:

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Also, this is hilarious. He posted a quote from The Dark Knight which I knew immediately and all the responses are basically thinking it was from the game so now they're mad he's leaking things and want to know what it means in context from the game, which made me Lol I honestly don't know what to say. These people need to relax and are really going to be screwed up when the game comes out.
There comes a point where these people gotta go out and meet other people.

Dec 25, 2018
So I looked at the KH2 trailers from back then, and I think Square really did show a lot KH3 even mechanically

- Basically half of the keyblade transformations in the game have been shown, some keyblades even share the same transformation basically.
- There are no surprising attraction flows or links
- Water magic is not shown, but you can clearly see a situation command for it (weird over sight by square)
- A snippet of synthesis items dropping were shown
- Limits/ situation commands
- Being able to use the robots to fight

I know it's just gameplay stuff, but that's awfully a lot of stuff to show. The KH2 trailers barely seemed to reveal anything mechanically about the game.

Megawarrior

Oct 25, 2017
So I looked at the KH2 trailers from back then, and I think Square really did show a lot KH3 even mechanically

- Basically half of the keyblade transformations in the game have been shown, some keyblades even share the same transformation basically.
- There are no surprising attraction flows or links
- Water magic is not shown, but you can clearly see a situation command for it (weird over sight by square)
- A snippet of synthesis items dropping were shown
- Limits/ situation commands
- Being able to use the robots to fight

I know it's just gameplay stuff, but that's awfully a lot of stuff to show. The KH2 trailers barely seemed to reveal anything mechanically about the game.
As someone who followed KH2 24 hrs a day 7 days week up to both the japanese and english releases, most of kh2's reveals were in magazine's almost exclusively. There was very rarely a trailer from what I remember because I remember being perched for the next scan.

Dec 25, 2018

He said all that's left is mini games. 14 total battles gates and he's pretty pissed over not having enough stuff for orchialiums. He said none of the battle gates are boss refights

Last edited:

fayaine

Mar 10, 2018
Funny how he still doesnt have any Orichalcum + in KH2 those have been related to finishing optional words and other stuff.
So how is it here then if even the battle gates didn't give them. Hmm..

Dec 25, 2018
He probably has to synthesis them with serenity crystals or something. If not I'll laugh my ass off if he has to play 20 mini games for it.

Dec 25, 2018
Ultima required 7 orichalum+'s so if he really thought he'd get 7 from doing that, I have no idea what he's thinking. I could see Nomura putting it behind the classic kingdom games.