• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Well I still plan on playing it once it unlocks on Xbox and taking the day off to play it nonstop. The game's gonna be fine. The fact the guy keeps backtracking and he's approaching 50 hours of game time has eased my concern. Obviously for some of us it won't take 50 hours to 100%, but the fact we actually know what we can do outside the story is good.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So how is y'alls excitement for the game now? Personally I'm still very excited for the game because the combat looks as fun as I hoped it was. In a way, I'm kind of glad the leaker sucks ass at the game because that way I can still go in and experiment with all the aspects of combat. I'm also interested because I think this is the first time since KH1 where the Disney worlds actually matter so that's going to be an interesting experience to me considering I never cared about Disney aspect of KH before.

Hype is beyond the grave

What you said about the disney worlds is true but I hate the majority of them in this game. No Hollow bastion/Radiant Garden means no scherzo di notte, No traverse town means no hand in hand, no Destiny Island means no Night of fate and so on.

No superboss from either franchise, (would have killed for the Phantom Blot)

No tourneys and the one FF character I dont like is the only one in the game.

At this point my sole reason to pick it up is to conclude this mess of a saga.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
So how is y'alls excitement for the game now? Personally I'm still very excited for the game because the combat looks as fun as I hoped it was. In a way, I'm kind of glad the leaker sucks ass at the game because that way I can still go in and experiment with all the aspects of combat. I'm also interested because I think this is the first time since KH1 where the Disney worlds actually matter so that's going to be an interesting experience to me considering I never cared about Disney aspect of KH before.

Waaaaaay too hyped. Leaks have only made me want it more.

fayaine

Mar 10, 2018
Hype is beyond the grave

What you said about the disney worlds is true but I hate the majority of them in this game. No Hollow bastion/Radiant Garden means no scherzo di notte, No traverse town means no hand in hand, no Destiny Island means no Night of fate and so on.

I don't get why these points influence people so strong : o we have barely seen story, bosses or anything like that. Sure some stuff is lackluster but still. We are in the Age of DLC now so some kind of Final Mix will probably happen after.

Feb 5, 2018
I don't think people get what's likely going on here. In KH1 and 2, you can level to 99 extremely easily, roughly in 30 hours of playtime. The games are not long at all, including endgame content. I just did this for both in roughly 34 and 45 hours respectively, and that was me doing absolutely everything each game had to offer.

The leaker hasn't even clocked passed level 50 in 40 hours. Why? Because pretty obvious now that the leveling is a hell of a lot longer process than it used to be. The likely reason for why they would do this is exactly for what people are probably expecting: DLC and superbosses. You included extra worlds and future bosses to fight, it makes leveling much less of a chore and more content to actually fulfill in the game.

Other RPG's usually have level caps, like the Witcher, but in KH3 you probably don't. However, that probably won't stop them from doing world specific DLC's or adding in secret bosses down the line. The leveling is likely slower for this exact reason, to prevent people from maxing out way to quick, and being able to do nearly everything before level 50, albeit a longer process than the previous games regardless.

If we go by his playtime, KH3 IS a bigger game than any previous KH game by default, even without all of the extra content it possibly could come with in the future.

We also have no idea how much story was packed into those 34 hours of playtime when he did beat it, but its certainly longer than the previous 2 mainline games (KH1 and 2 could be beaten in less than 15 and 25 hours respectively, even when doing side content). KH2FM had 13 hours of cutscenes. Its likely safe to say 3 has a similar number, with the remaining game being gameplay.

Last edited:

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Or the leaker just hasn't found the proper way to grind to level 100 in KH3 because he isn't bothering to.

KingdomKey

Oct 27, 2017
Hype is increasingly building up each day. It's surreal how few days there are left! Can't wait to enjoy Kingdom Hearts developed for a home console after all these years after KH2.

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think people get what's likely going on here. In KH1 and 2, you can level to 99 extremely easily, roughly in 30 hours of playtime. The games are not long at all, including endgame content.

The leaker hasn't even clocked passed level 50 in 40 hours. Why? Because pretty obvious now that the leveling is a hell of a lot longer process than it used to be. The likely reason for why they would do this is exactly for what people are probably expecting: DLC and superbosses. You included extra worlds and future bosses to fight, it makes leveling much less of a chore and more content to actually fulfill in the game.

Other RPG's usually have level caps, like the Witcher, but in KH3 you probably don't. However, that probably won't stop them from doing world specific DLC's or adding in secret bosses down the line. The leveling is likely slower for this exact reason, to prevent people from maxing out way to quick, and being able to do nearly everything before level 50, albeit a longer process than the previous games regardless.

If we go by his playtime, KH3 IS a bigger game than any previous KH game by default, even without all of the extra content it possibly could come with in the future.
There's a trophy for reaching level 99, for what it's worth - I think a level cap is pretty likely (now, they could decide to bump it to 120 like FFXV eventually did).

Feb 5, 2018
Or the leaker just hasn't found the proper way to grind to level 100 in KH3 because he isn't bothering to.

He did every battlegate around like level 40. This is "endgame" content. Every other game nearly required you to be much higher than that to even pursue some of the endgame content (barring level 1 runs). He said he didn't struggle with it too much because I'm sure he didn't

I expect "final mix" DLC to actually happen and provide content worthy of 50+.
There's a trophy for reaching level 99, for what it's worth - I think a level cap is pretty likely (now, they could decide to bump it to 120 like FFXV eventually did).

Yeah, but its seemingly much harder to get there compared to other games. I got to 80 just from farming synth items in KH1 (in 30 hours). He apparently farmed, did battle gates repeatedly and isn't even past 50.

Last edited:
Kingdom Key maxed

PurgeVIII

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
United States
He just maxed out the Kingdom Key.

Here's a comparison to the level 1 Ultima stats:

1546899204265.jpg

The Ultima maxed out is gonna be crazy.

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
Nice.

Re:Coded's fully-upgraded Ultima Weapon is probably the best in the series (you're basically uninterruptible and deal tons of critical attacks, you regain HP with every hit with Drain, you regain HP periodically no matter what with Regen), though KH1 comes pretty close since length/deflect/MP all make a big difference in that game.

I'd love to see KH3's Ultima Weapon eventually get MP Hastega *and* Drain *and* Regen or something crazy like that.

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if ultima will have a barrier block like the BH6 keyblade.
I think it's important to strike a balance where Ultima is clearly really really good (and the best all-rounder keyblade) but isn't so good that it's the *only* keyblade you ever want to use.

Others should have advantages for various cases (defense, specific elements, etc), IMO.

Last edited:

Ultraviolence

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I had basically no interest in using the BH6 Keyblade but after learning it has Barrier Block I'll try to get it as early as I possibly can lol

HollowDash

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Hype is beyond the grave

Hand in Hand is in the game. When you use one of that Disney abilities the music starts in the background. At least this

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
He did every battlegate around like level 40. This is "endgame" content. Every other game nearly required you to be much higher than that to even pursue some of the endgame content (barring level 1 runs). He said he didn't struggle with it too much because I'm sure he didn't

I expect "final mix" DLC to actually happen and provide content worthy of 50+.

Yeah, but its seemingly much harder to get there compared to other games. I got to 80 just from farming synth items in KH1 (in 30 hours). He apparently farmed, did battle gates repeatedly and isn't even past 50.

This might be a stupid question but has there been any screens or videos showing exactly what difficulty he's playing in?
He could potentially be playing at the lowest difficulty butnot showing to anyone.
If he has shown it then take it that I never asked.

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
Well the video where he's getting rekt are the main battle rooms, I don't know if that will be a reflection for the rest of the game.

KingdomKey

Oct 27, 2017
I'm fairly sure he "died" more than 4 times at least. Kupo coins surely must have saved his ass more than once.

I'll be sure to not to buy any when I'll play. I do however feel like they should increase the price of them to 4000 or something. 400 feels incredibly cheap.

Kupo coins introduces the same problem I felt FFXV had with Phoenix downs, if there's no risk of actually being defeated it's no point getting better at the game.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think people get what's likely going on here. In KH1 and 2, you can level to 99 extremely easily, roughly in 30 hours of playtime. The games are not long at all, including endgame content. I just did this for both in roughly 34 and 45 hours respectively, and that was me doing absolutely everything each game had to offer.

We also have no idea how much story was packed into those 34 hours of playtime when he did beat it, but its certainly longer than the previous 2 mainline games (KH1 and 2 could be beaten in less than 15 and 25 hours respectively, even when doing side content). KH2FM had 13 hours of cutscenes. Its likely safe to say 3 has a similar number, with the remaining game being gameplay.

But KH2 grinding is just getting to end game, then spending an hour or two running Yen Sid's or TWTNW from the last boss room Magnet Thunder'ing things to get from 50-60 to 99.
Speaking of levelling, is this keeping the start your journey at dawn, dusk, whatever thing in terms of how you get EXP?

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
On the topic of excitedness, I am so excited for this game. I'm not particularly pressed about end/side content (though I know some of you are) though if more secret bosses emerge, that will be fun.

I'm just so excited for Disney! Sora, Riku, Kairi, Donald, Goofy! The fact that they've amped up the Disney worlds makes me so happy (seeing NPCs in Tangled city makes me want to cry).

I will likely get teary when it unlocks on my PS4 and cry when the opening movie plays lol. I've carried this series with me since I was 14. I'm just so happy it's finally happening.

Dec 25, 2018
In the BH6 gameplay, I saw something had "cure converter" I wonder if that converts cure to MP instead of HP? Really interesting to me.

A lot of the abilities for the accessories seems to be syphons.

KaitoCam

Dec 29, 2018
So I just watched the Kingdom Of Corona game play. Anyone else notice how the Disney worlds have been one large room instead of rooms with loading zones not once did I see a red line leading into a different zone

Byvar

Oct 26, 2017
Looks great (though Rapunzel not being a party member after the end of that world sucks), and sounds absolutely fantastic. I cannot wait for the KH3 soundtrack. All of Yoko's tracks sound incredible (though for some reason it sounds like Takeharu Ishimoto's tracks haven't been arranged by the same people, and those are still all synths which is disappointing).

I also didn't expect the Stitch summon to have that beautiful new version of my favorite BBS battle theme, and I kinda love that they gave each summon its own world's theme like that.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Mirage Staff looks great. Awesome movement + enhanced magic + what seems to be actually good standard attacks? Yes please.

Eien1no1Yami

Oct 30, 2017
Looks great (though Rapunzel not being a party member after the end of that world sucks), and sounds absolutely fantastic. I cannot wait for the KH3 soundtrack. All of Yoko's tracks sound incredible (though for some reason it sounds like Takeharu Ishimoto's tracks haven't been arranged by the same people, and those are still all synths which is disappointing).

I also didn't expect the Stitch summon to have that beautiful new version of my favorite BBS battle theme, and I kinda love that they gave each summon its own world's theme like that.
She's probably missing because she becomes a new princess of heart.