• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
So, who is Axel and Saix friend? why the mystery?
Who is the girl in The Final World?
iirc some organization XIII member says Sora that inside him there is 4 hearts (Sora, Ventus, Roxas and?) or I'm crazy?

There were three more hearts compartmentalized inside of Sora. Roxas, Xion, and Ventus.

The girl in the final world is probably Marluxia's dead sister Strelitzia.

And Axel and Saix's friend is unclear. Probably Skuld from the mobile game.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
So lore question?

In KH2, Xenmas mentions Aqua's armor as his friend? Why?

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Well I thought the 4th one is Xion, no?

I believe he said 3 hearts, which are Ven, Roxas, and Xion, who they must have extracted at some point during the game.

I beat the game a few hours ago, what a wild ride. Total asspull plot points at every opportunity, the worst of which being anything involving time travel.

I was initially interested in finding out who the unknown Org 13 members were, and was a little disappointed that they all ended up being the originals we already killed who came back for reasons. Xion was the only one I was surprised to see come back (although I knew she's reappear especially after the scene where Axel sees a vision of her and cries).

So the ending was that everyone is happy, except Kairi and Sora sitting on the tree and Sora fades away because he never came back but she did? And then Sora and Riku both wake up in Verum Rex?

Mailbox

Oct 30, 2017
Not gonna lie, its been sucky seeing so many people online hating on this game.
Like, yeah, I personally was unhappy with certain things that happen during the last quarter of the game, but i overall really enjoyed the game.
While I really disliked the disney worlds in kh2 when i replayed it, i genuinely really loved the worlds in kh3 despite their problems.
If this game gets a balance patch and makes proud much harder/ gives us a challenging crit mode I think i would end up loving this game tbh.

But seeing just so many people shitting on it has put me in a bit of a foul mood tbh. I know I shouldn't care about random people's opinions, but when you see redeeming qualities about someone and a large portion of the vocal public are hating and shitting on it, its hard not to subconsciously feel worse after seeing that.

:S
I haven't done the battle portals yet, maybe i should.
Either way, i'll probably replay all the kh games during the summer.
I feel like i'll have a better outlook on all this when I do.

Sigma

Oct 25, 2017
So disappointed with post game content... I waited over 13 years for kh2 to have more to do post game?

How does a ps2 game have more content?

This game looks and plays waaaaay too fucking well and smooth for me to NOT be able to do anything post game.

I can get to level 99, beat secret boss, get ultimate weapon and that's it...

I pray we get DLC or a final mix soon cause I need more. Dumb mini games and taking fucking photos do not count as post game content to me.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
So disappointed with post game content... I waited over 13 years for kh2 to have more to do post game?

This game looks and plays waaaaay too fucking well and smooth for me to NOT be able to do anything post game.

I pray we get DLC or a final mix soon cause I need more. Dumb mini games and taking fucking photos do not count as post game content to me.

You'll get more. Nomura wants one big DLC. No episodic drip-feed content. So we'll get a final mix within the next year or two.

I believe he said 3 hearts, which are Ven, Roxas, and Xion, who they must have extracted at some point during the game.

I beat the game a few hours ago, what a wild ride. Total asspull plot points at every opportunity, the worst of which being anything involving time travel.

I was initially interested in finding out who the unknown Org 13 members were, and was a little disappointed that they all ended up being the originals we already killed who came back for reasons. Xion was the only one I was surprised to see come back (although I knew she's reappear especially after the scene where Axel sees a vision of her and cries).

So the ending was that everyone is happy, except Kairi and Sora sitting on the tree and Sora fades away because he never came back but she did? And then Sora and Riku both wake up in Verum Rex?

Sora wake ups in TWEWY Shibuya and is playing the Reaper's Game.

tumblr_inline_ns6v9uo4ZW1tqdw7q_1280.png

That means he's dead but he has a second chance at life if he wins but he needs to give up his most precious thing to participate.

Last edited:

Mailbox

Oct 30, 2017

While i generally agree with you, I have a few concessions:
- tbf the final mix version of kh2 came out pretty quick after kh2 but didn't come to the west until the 2.5 collection
- what generation a game is made in does not dictate how much content will be in it. For example, despite KH3 taking so long (6+ years), a lot of that was due to games just taking longer in general to make and most of that was spent making all new models for all characters, CG scenes, maps, gameplay mechanics, etc.
- Agreed in full. I want more post game too. would love a cavern of remembrance thing that made use of flow motion and mobility to get through w/ tough enemy challenges.
- technically, you can also find all the emblems, complete the cookbook, upgrade the pirate ship, etc. But i get you, more core-gameplay extra content would be lovely. I agree with everyone when they say they would love data-style fights like in kh2fm or a Colosseum
- Agreed, i want more content soon.

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You'll get more. Nomura wants one big DLC. No episodic drip-feed content. So we'll get a final mix within the next year or two.

Sora wake up in TWEWY Shibuya and is playing the Reaper's Game.

That means he's dead but he has a second chance at life if he wins but he needs to give up his most precious thing to participate.

His keyblade powers

so there's an excuse to be a weak lvl1 again :P

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Sora losing his memories of Kairi to do a thing would just be a rehash of CoM again. Hopefully the TWEWY thing is just a visual and not the actual structure of the next game.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
This reminds me, Kairi needs new and better friends.

Everyone throwing a party and having fun on the beach, while she's right there mourning the 'death' of Sora is super cruel lmao

KingdomKey

Oct 27, 2017
Not gonna lie, its been sucky seeing so many people online hating on this game.
Like, yeah, I personally was unhappy with certain things that happen during the last quarter of the game, but i overall really enjoyed the game.
While I really disliked the disney worlds in kh2 when i replayed it, i genuinely really loved the worlds in kh3 despite their problems.
If this game gets a balance patch and makes proud much harder/ gives us a challenging crit mode I think i would end up loving this game tbh.

But seeing just so many people shitting on it has put me in a bit of a foul mood tbh. I know I shouldn't care about random people's opinions, but when you see redeeming qualities about someone and a large portion of the vocal public are hating and shitting on it, its hard not to subconsciously feel worse after seeing that.

:S
I haven't done the battle portals yet, maybe i should.
Either way, i'll probably replay all the kh games during the summer.
I feel like i'll have a better outlook on all this when I do.
Dissapointment was sadly bound to happen after all these years of anticipation for the end of the Dark seeker saga. But I can't help to feel a bit annoyed at people claiming the game is pure garbage and an uncomplete mess.

I'd be understanding if they said the game didn't reach it's full potential, because the game has its flaws that still remain from previous entries.

Personally I am more than happy with outcome of the game, already completed it nearly three times and surely will continue doing challange runs which is my favourite part of playing these games.

Here's hoping they announce DLC plans in the near future. Hopefully we won't have to wait over a year for an Final Mix expansion, like the 15 month gap it took for KH2FM to release.

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, giving it some time to sit, this is definitely one of my biggest issues with KH3: that, after DDD, we knew pretty much everything would happen in KH3, and that's pretty much exactly what happened, with very few actual twists along the way. Like, we knew that 13 darknesses and 7 lights would be gathered for a final confrontation with Master Xehanort at the Keyblade Graveyard to summon Kingdom Hearts, and indeed that happened. And along the way, it was pretty likely that Ven and Terra and company would be saved, and that they would find some way of bringing characters like Roxas and Xion and Naminé back, and they were. We knew what all of the broad strokes would be and they happened in turn, is what I'm getting at, with little deviation.

It just felt like going through the moments to finally resolve the stuff that DDD and the other games set up, and that's it. Not much in the way of unexpected twists or to make it even worse even character developments or character arcs or anything really, just checking stuff off a list and moving onto the next thing.

And to be clear, before someone says it, yes, there were twists as in stuff like Xigbar being Luxu. But that's just shoved in the epilogue and is more setting up the next games than something that KH3 did much with itself. There's nothing like KH2 starting off with Roxas and who is that guy and going through all that, or it turning out that Ansem the Wise was his own character and that's who DiZ was in CoM, and all kinds of stuff. Then speaking of character development, really nobody in KH3 has arcs or development (aside from the villains, where it's just kind of out of nowhere at the end) like characters like Roxas or Axel or Riku did in KH2, because it's a bunch of nothing happening for most of the game and then just suddenly checking a bunch of stuff off a list once Sora gets to the Realm of Darkness and saves Aqua, and things just shoot off a rocket from there and there's so much to do all of a sudden that they don't really have time for proper character development or arcs for most of a character.
For me the only relevation of KH3 where that Ansem Guardian was Terra and that Luxu was Xigbar.

scooper

Jan 20, 2019
we criticize because we care. understand a lot of people have been waiting a really long time for this game. years on end. i get that it's annoying to see people dog on things that you like. but it's equally as annoying to me seeing people who brag about how perfect they think the game is and how much they love it as if them not having any complaints somehow makes them a better fan than me (not implying this is what you're doing bc obviously you have criticisms. just trying to communicate that i sometimes feel a similar frustration from a different angle)

at the end of the day there's not much for us to do but not let it get to us ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ we are on the internet, after all

Oct 25, 2017
we criticize because we care. understand a lot of people have been waiting a really long time for this game. years on end. i get that it's annoying to see people dog on things that you like. but it's equally as annoying to me seeing people who brag about how perfect they think the game is and how much they love it as if them not having any complaints somehow makes them a better fan than me (not implying this is what you're doing bc obviously you have criticisms. just trying to communicate that i sometimes feel a similar frustration from a different angle)

at the end of the day there's not much for us to do but not let it get to us ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ we are on the internet, after all
Agree with all this and to be honest I wasn't expecting to be so negative myself. Just disappointed with a lot of gameplay decisions and definitely plot stuff(looking at mostly chi/unchain union whatever it is)

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017

Sora wake up in TWEWY Shibuya and is playing the Reaper's Game.

...why was Yozora there? Was there anything aside from it being Shibuya to indicate it was definitely TWEWY Shibuya?

Neil98

May 2, 2018
Madrid, Spain
How would you feel if the next game is another collection called Kingdom Hearts Remembreance, but it goes this way:

358/2 Days Remake
Re: Coded Remake
X & UX cutscenes (would be called Kingdom Hearts Episode Zero: X+Union X)

Now listen, here's the world list for each game:
358/2: The World That Never Was, Olympus Coliseum, Twilight Town, Beast's Castle, Halloween Town, Neverland, Wonderland, Agrabah
Re: Coded: Castle Oblivion, Agrabah, Traverse Town, Destiny Islands, Wonderland, Olympus Coliseum, Hollow Bastion
X: Daybreak Town, Enchanted Dominion, Dwarfs Woodlands, Agrabah, Beast's Castle, Olympus Coliseum, Wonderland, Castle of Dreams

Worlds in red are worlds with assets that can be reused from title to title, worlds in green are worlds from which they already have assets from KH3 and worlds in blue are worlds in KH3 or KHX Back Cover, but just in cutscenes, and it would be somewhat easy to implement from that game. Also, cutscenes are already voiced in 1.5+2.5, so less work to do in that regard. What do you think? Good or bad idea?

KingdomKey

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not putting too much faith into the reapers game being part of Soras visit to Shibuya, if anything resembling that it'll be an reimagining. Hoping Nomura at least include the twewy gang, boy will it be an outrage if not.

But we are years apart from the next game, right now it's just all speculation.

NoName999

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I don't think I would want to play a game with Kairi as the main character. Not only does she have no personality and no fighting talent, but her KH3 redesign is aaaaaaaaaaawful.

There's literally nothing good about her, which is almost impressive if you think about it.

Just do to Kairi what Thor: Ragnarok did to Thor and boom. Success.

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
Longer development times tend to raise expectations a lot. In reality, KH3 taking as long as it did was mostly because it was the first HD Kingdom Hearts game, not because it was some super ultimate KH game, but that's not something that's going to be obvious to most fans. I don't think KH3 could really have ever matched the crazy high expectations, but it's also totally understandable that people had those expectations.

The best thing about all of this is that games should be releasing a lot more often now that they don't have to make everything from scratch. I'm personally hoping for some smaller scale games with the Days and BBS trios before we get whatever the secret ending was teasing, but anything's fine. There's a ton of potential moving forward.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
I kinda wonder if a TWEWY port or sequel is planned for other consoles. Seeing people who played the HD version of DDD and the secret movie be less confused about that creation would be a boon to SE I think.

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Kinda weird they made that a plot point then had it resolve itself offscreen, but I imagine that's due to cut content or budget/time restraints.
I figured since it was the Norty Boy's doing it probably wore off when they got dunked on. But I'm still salty about Calypso in Pirates world. She's all ominous about being freed and Sora even mentions that he thinks she'll help them out. And then nothing.

scooper

Jan 20, 2019
Longer development times tend to raise expectations a lot. In reality, KH3 taking as long as it did was mostly because it was the first HD Kingdom Hearts game, not because it was some super ultimate KH game, but that's not something that's going to be obvious to most fans. I don't think KH3 could really have ever matched the crazy high expectations, but it's also totally understandable that people had those expectations.
basically this.

The best thing about all of this is that games should be releasing a lot more often now that they don't have to make everything from scratch. I'm personally hoping for some smaller scale games with the Days and BBS trios before we get whatever the secret ending was teasing, but anything's fine. There's a ton of potential moving forward.
i'd like to see the characters from the different titles interact across those gaps more. i think it'd be fun to see teams rearranged and just watch how the personalities do or don't clash (i.e. team moody boi riku/roxas/terra, team smol kairi/ventus/xion, team ABSOLUTE DISASTER axel/donald/isa which i'm kind of just kidding about but also not really)

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Sora losing his memories of Kairi to do a thing would just be a rehash of CoM again. Hopefully the TWEWY thing is just a visual and not the actual structure of the next game.

The same team that did Chain of Memories also did TWEWY.

It would be similar though. Except in COM, Namine replaced Kairi in his memories. This way, she'd just be gone.

Or it doesn't have to be his memories. Maybe there's something else he values more.

Maybe instead of his memories, his bonds with his friends are all taken away.

I feel like that line "Alone, I'm worthless" should have some play in the next saga where he's truly alone.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
...why was Yozora there? Was there anything aside from it being Shibuya to indicate it was definitely TWEWY Shibuya?

The 104 building is only a building that shows up in TWEWY.

Yozora and Riku are somewhere else but related. Yozora is on the Tokyo Metropolitan building (the Citadel/Royal Palace from FFXV is based on this while a variation of Somnus plays.

So Sora deals with TWEWY stuff and Riku deals with Verum Rex/Versus stuff.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
basically this.

i'd like to see the characters from the different titles interact across those gaps more. i think it'd be fun to see teams rearranged and just watch how the personalities do or don't clash (i.e. team moody boi riku/roxas/terra, team smol kairi/ventus/xion, team ABSOLUTE DISASTER axel/donald/isa which i'm kind of just kidding about but also not really)

Team Aqua, Xion and Kairi

Kairi and Xion fall in love.

Kairi's technically dating Sora and herself at the same time.

malyse

Community Resetter
It does feel like everyone is a bit negative about the game, or perhaps criticisms are being voiced more/people with negative experiences are louder.
I'm not remotely. This is the best first pass Kingdom Hearts has ever been. People are comparing it to Final Mixes and US revisions which is not a fair comparison. For example vanilla KH always only has on superboss. For how quickly after the JP release we got this game, it's pretty satisfying. I say save complaints for after Final Mix drops. Also, with as improved as FFXV, Xenoblade 2, and No Man's Sky became after launch, I'm not remotely concerned.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
I know it's over with but losing Young Xehanort and Xemnas still really sucks. They were the best ones especially with those final words.

malyse

Community Resetter
How would you feel if the next game is another collection called Kingdom Hearts Remembreance, but it goes this way:

358/2 Days Remake

358/2: The World That Never Was, Olympus Coliseum, Twilight Town, Beast's Castle, Halloween Town, Neverland, Wonderland, Agrabah
Re: Coded: Castle Oblivion, Agrabah, Traverse Town, Destiny Islands, Wonderland, Olympus Coliseum, Hollow Bastion
X: Daybreak Town, Enchanted Dominion, Dwarfs Woodlands, Agrabah, Beast's Castle, Olympus Coliseum, Wonderland, Castle of Dreams

Worlds in red are worlds with assets that can be reused from title to title, worlds in green are worlds from which they already have assets from KH3 and worlds in blue are worlds in KH3 or KHX Back Cover, but just in cutscenes, and it would be somewhat easy to implement from that game. Also, cutscenes are already voiced in 1.5+2.5, so less work to do in that regard. What do you think? Good or bad idea?
Hard pass. Literally the only thing that needs to happen is a chi remake and that should be the KH3 multiplayer expansion a la Comrades. No more collections. The Dark Seeker Saga is finished.

clockstrikes

Oct 27, 2017

358/2 Days Remake

No thanks. We could use a proper KHX or UX remake of some sort, but no need to waste more time and resources on Days and coded.