• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
My only problem is that I remember Saix being kind of a dick in KH2 and Days so screw him really.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
The theatrical stage productions of Aladdin hire actors skilled at improv for the Genie role and it was a huge missed opportunity for the movie.

EDIT: Also, I am so damn happy that Agrabah was left out of KH3. That world was played out before they even got to KH2.
I will stand by this statement till the day I die, but KH3 would have had a GOAT world lineup if Agrabah was in here. King of Thieves and the Turtle Island need to happen in Kingdom Hearts.

Also, 3D needed to happen not to set up 3, but to set up χ/Unchained χ/Union X. Without that game to teach us about sleeping worlds, dream eaters, nightmares, and all that dream fuckery, the plot of the χ Saga would make no sense, especially the chirithy.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I will stand by this statement till the day I die, but KH3 would have had a GOAT world lineup if Agrabah was in here. King of Thieves and the Turtle Island need to happen in Kingdom Hearts.

Also, 3D needed to happen not to set up 3, but to set up χ/Unchained χ/Union X. Without that game to teach us about sleeping worlds, dream eaters, nightmares, and all that dream fuckery, the plot of the χ Saga would make no sense, especially the chirithy.

C'mon, we know that's gonna happen no matter what.

catberry

Oct 31, 2017
London
He's no better here...

So...Riku's new Hairstyle is a product of

a) The heartless swarm fucking him up
or
b) RRiku Joining his heart with his?

The hair? Man, I've been focusing on the wrong thing. The whole time I was paying attention to his eyes changing from blue to green. Because yellow + blue = green *mind blown*, but when RRiku left him he was back to blue.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
The hair? Man, I've been focusing on the wrong thing. The whole time I was paying attention to his eyes changing from blue to green. Because yellow + blue = green *mind blown*, but when RRiku left him he was back to blue.

HIS EYES CHANGED!?

Fuck I need to replay this game after I leave this shitty job, playing while exhausted made me lose lots of details

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
C'mon, we know that's gonna happen no matter what.
Yeah but at the very least Dream Worlds make some sense thanks to 3D, so whatever the hell ties the plot together would involve everyone waking up in the real worldline. Unless Chi takes place in the Dream World of a Data Worldine, then its just fucking stupid.
Yep. From the Riku reveal trailer where he was shown off with the longer hair, it was obvious that his Green Eyes were not a color error but some form of him having some Xehanort Darkness under control deep in his heart.

Joqu

Oct 25, 2017
The Waffle Kingdom
I'm going to miss Xemnas. Dude's always been the most interesting of the Xehanort variations, and he continued to deliver in 3. Also, his voice. I'm gonna miss that voice. He had his own heart, it ain't fair.

Young Xehanort really grew on me too, the cocky bastard. Both of them. I'm convinced we haven't seen the last of him though. I'm telling y'all the temptation to bring him back SOMEDAY is going to be too strong and they'll go it with the one that got utilized the least.

Speaking of missing, it's what I wish Kairi stayed to be honest with y'all. It would've been a rather insulting way to end her whole character "arc" but man, at some point they should have cut their losses if they can't manage to make the character remotely interesting. I guess there's always next game. Again.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I'm going to miss Xemnas. Dude's always been the most interesting of the Xehanort variations, and he continued to deliver in 3. Also, his voice. I'm gonna miss that voice. He had his own heart, it ain't fair.

Young Xehanort really grew on me too, the cocky bastard. Both of them. I'm convinced we haven't seen the last of him though. I'm telling y'all the temptation to bring him back SOMEDAY is going to be too strong and they'll go it with the one that got utilized the least.

Speaking of missing, it's what I wish Kairi stayed to be honest with y'all. It would've been a rather insulting way to end her whole character "arc" but man, at some point they should have cut their losses if they can't manage to make the character remotely interesting. I guess there's always next game. Again.

$10 say Master Xehanort will give Sora an afterlife pep talk and a power up eventually

Joqu

Oct 25, 2017
The Waffle Kingdom
$10 say Master Xehanort will give Sora an afterlife pep talk and a power up eventually

look, I'm gonna be honest here... if we're looking for motivational speakers Xemnas has my vote again, I don't care that it makes zero sense. MX can stay gone for this very reason, I know it can't be helped but his recast really didn't do it for me

(But yeah, I can see that.)

SugarNoodles

Nov 3, 2017
Portland, OR
so pete and maleficent were just there to just tease future games, right? or am i forgetting something that they actually did?
I'm partially wondering if part of Disney's contract specified that Maleficent would have to be present as a villain.

Because once KH1 was finished, they brought her back in KH2 without explanation, had her run around looking for a new base of operations for the entire game only to drop that plot thread altogether, and then put her in KH3 to follow a newly established plot thread that also went nowhere by the end of the game.

You could remove her from everything past the first game and it would affect absolutely nothing other than a few filler battles in KH2 that could easily be replaced with organization battles.

Reads to me like there was simply an obligation to have Disney present outside of each individual world.

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
Gameplay-story segregation meaning gameplay isn't canon to the story.

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GameplayAndStorySegregation

Like Sora pirate shipping Anti-Aqua.

I do think Terra = Guardian is set up at the end of BBS. Terranort locks out his heart when he shouts to Terra to get out his heat and the Guardian immediately appears and melts behind him
More than gameplay ND story segregation is cutscene incompetence
So.... how do Terranort and Old Xehanort coexist?
Replica body.

Joqu

Oct 25, 2017
The Waffle Kingdom
So uh, this has probably been discussed by now, but does this plotline just straight up go nowhere or am I missing something? Yeah, it's setting up future stuff, I get that and the Chi connection. But what were Xemnas' intentions?

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Maleficent, being the villain of Sleeping Beauty, is the main villain of Enchanted Dominion in Birth by Sleep. She gives some aid to Xehanort and then has it out with Terra, Ventus, and Aqua on their various visits.

In Coded, she gets pulled into the datascape by Pete and then starts fucking things up by doing evil things within it.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Maleficent, being the villain of Sleeping Beauty, is the main villain of Enchanted Dominion in Birth by Sleep. She gives some aid to Xehanort and then has it out with Terra, Ventus, and Aqua on their various visits.

In Coded, she gets pulled into the datascape by Pete and then starts fucking things up by doing evil things within it.
Thanks!
So what she did in Coded might impact her current plans in KHUX?

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Not enough people are talking about Mickey casting Ultima or Donald's Zettaflare. Both had enough of Xehanort's shit and were ready to earn their teardrop eye tattoos.

What's there to say in regards to Mickey's ultima? It was a cool moment for a brief second before Xehanort just humiliated him and turned it into a forgettable moment. Donald's zettaflare was awesome though and it actually managed to succeed unlike Mickey's ultima.

He's no better here...

So...Riku's new Hairstyle is a product of

a) The heartless swarm fucking him up
or
b) RRiku Joining his heart with his?

They could give me the shittiest reason for it and I wouldn't care because he looked awful with long hair in those shots. It worked with his KH2 model, but it most certainly doesn't work with his KH3 model. Short hair suits him much better in KH3.

sappyday

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So uh, this has probably been discussed by now, but does this plotline just straight up go nowhere or am I missing something? Yeah, it's setting up future stuff, I get that and the Chi connection. But what were Xemnas' intentions?

Just seems like MX was just like "yall were around during the keyblade war so that makes yall cool enough imo so Ima possess yall"

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks!
So what she did in Coded might impact her current plans in KHUX?
Probably not.

The end result of Maleficent's arc in Coded is that she got in over her head, and she ended up getting rescued by Data-Sora. So after she had previously given Sora help in KH2, she now considers her and Sora even. That's probably part of the reason why she left Sora alone throughout KH3. He wasn't on her shit list, and as long as their objectives weren't colliding, there was no reason to bother him.

Neo Hartless

Jan 8, 2019
Some parts of the ending frustrated me, some won me over.

But the absolute worst part was by FAR the story attempting to make me care about Saix and be happy for his return.

Like, THIS is what we get instead of Final Fantasy characters: A last minute tragic background story (and even worse, a UX tie-in), so that now we know that the guy who kidnapped and imprisoned Kairi and treated Roxas and Xion like dirt did it because he was so lonely guys.

And then he's having ice cream with everyone.

Deleted member 283

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some parts of the ending frustrated me, some won me over.

But the absolute worst part was by FAR the story attempting to make me care about Saix and be happy for his return.

Like, THIS is what we get instead of Final Fantasy characters: A last minute tragic background story (and even worse, a UX tie-in), so that now we know that the guy who kidnapped and imprisoned Kairi and treated Roxas and Xion like dirt did it because he was so lonely guys.

And then he's having ice cream with everyone.
I mean, it's not like it's the first game to do that. Both BBS and 358 made it clear what direction they were going with Saix/Isa, so it's not really out of the blue or anything in KH3. The stuff about the mysterious girl is new, but otherwise this is stuff that's been set up for a bit, at least in regard to Axel/Lea's and Saix's/Isa's relationship with each other and what was going on there. Especially after he showed up in BBS in Radiant Garden with Lea, I knew there was no way something like that wasn't going to happen eventually.

Might not make it better, but it's not exactly at last minute.

Zaverious

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe when they first found the organization members 9-12 Xemnas was hoping for them to remember to use a keyblade but it never happened so they lucked out with Roxas. Other than that I do agree that it had no relevance outside of setting up KH4 and Union x updates.

Neo Hartless

Jan 8, 2019
I mean, it's not like it's the first game to do that. Both BBS and 358 made it clear what direction they were going with Saix/Isa, so it's not really out of the blue or anything in KH3. The stuff about the mysterious girl is new, but otherwise this is stuff that's been set up for a bit, at least in regard to Axel/Lea's and Saix's/Isa's relationship with each other and what was going on there. Especially after he showed up in BBS in Radiant Garden with Lea, I knew there was no way something like that wasn't going to happen eventually.

Might not make it better, but it's not exactly at last minute.

Last minute as in it's not touched upon at all until the final stretch of the game, with no setup at any point prior in the game.

Then it's supposed to be this big climax to their relationship. But the relationship has been so poorly developed that I can't buy into the drama. Why was I supposed to feel sorry for Saix? Because Axel likes him? I need more than that.

Bisonian

Oct 27, 2017
I was stunned to see how much of the ending and story going into the next arc ties solely into the mobile game. I haven't followed it at all, but is this something that is going to get major story updates post KH3 that will need to be followed into the next set of games? Any word on that?

Joqu

Oct 25, 2017
The Waffle Kingdom
Maybe when they first found the organization members 9-12 Xemnas was hoping for them to remember to use a keyblade but it never happened so they lucked out with Roxas. Other than that I do agree that it had no relevance outside of setting up KH4 and Union x updates.

That makes sense, I like that, but he still talked about it as if it's something that is relevant to the current plans. They didn't reveal anything, Xemnas! Why the evil laugh!

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I was stunned to see how much of the ending and story going into the next arc ties solely into the mobile game. I haven't followed it at all, but is this something that is going to get major story updates post KH3 that will need to be followed into the next set of games? Any word on that?
Yes. The game is updated with new story content every couple of months.

For KH3 though, all you really need is the Back Cover movie from the 2.8 collection.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
That makes sense, I like that, but he still talked about it as if it's something that is relevant to the current plans. They didn't reveal anything, Xemnas! Why the evil laugh!

I wouldn't be surprised if Xemnas was just stringing them along to get them on his side and he never had any plans for them at all.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica

We already have a "movie" with the plot about the foretellers in KH3 engine in the prologue collection. That's the part that has the most references in KH3

Beware: Everything not involving the Master is pretty boring

The rest of the mobile game will probably get a "Re:" version soon. That plot was slightly referenced with Marluxia and Larxene giving cryptic hints that they now remember their time as Lauriam and Elrena

Last edited:

Joqu

Oct 25, 2017
The Waffle Kingdom
I wouldn't be surprised if Xemnas was just stringing them along to get them on his side and he never had any plans for them at all.

Sure, why not. I was expecting more but I guess I'll just go with that + it being the reason for their initial selection.

We already have a "movie" with the plot about the foretellers in KH3 engine in the prologue collection.

The rest of the mobile game will probably get a "Re:" version soon

I wonder how they'll handle that considering that it's still ongoing. I'm assuming they'll select a cut-off point and continue to remake it in chunks as long as the mobile game is making them money?

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
We already have a "movie" with the plot about the foretellers in KH3 engine in the prologue collection.

The rest of the mobile game will probably get a "Re:" version soon
Union X is still getting updated. I wouldn't expect an Re: version of that game for the near term. Maybe a game set during that era that overlaps with certain events, but I wouldn't expect the mobile game as a whole to be adapted into a console title.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Sure, why not. I was expecting more but I guess I'll just go with that + it being the reason for their initial selection.

I wonder how they'll handle that considering that it's still ongoing. I'm assuming they'll select a cut-off point and continue to remake it in chunks as long as the mobile game is making them money?

This is my guess

Joqu

Oct 25, 2017
The Waffle Kingdom

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Haha yeah, it'd be completely in character.

Hmm. I honestly rather like the sound of that so hope it happens. It'd need some fleshing out but UX actually has some rather compelling bits in it in my opinion. And Daybreak Town as a 3D hub would be pretty sweet.

I'm amazed at how likeable some of the UX characters are when they're literally cardboard cutouts

Did they ever explain what happened to the Lingering Will?
I think It's implied it didn't make it ):

Terranort is seen just fine after that

Estarossa

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't get to fully hear the Vanitas/Terranort battle theme during their fight, but wow, this is absolutely beautiful

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand the "endless magic" ability of Mickey clasp. I thought it meant magic would not consume the MP gauge. So how does it actually work?