• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Phantom_Snake

Banned
Jul 26, 2018
Montana
Finished the game last night. It has it's flaws but I absolutely loved it.

Bring on KH4! That ending left me needing much more. Hopefully we get the next installment within five years.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
I've noticed that the game sometime gives you a cool down when you're spamming magic, I think Endless Magic gets rid of that cooldown. Still kinda useful depending how much you use magic.
Oh really? I hadn't noticed that. Well, I guess it has been helping me without me taking note. I spam Thundaga a lot lol

Sayers

Oct 28, 2017
So are we to assume that after Sora restore's everyone's hearts, he also time travels back to when they first all arrived in the Keyblade Graveyard? It doesn't make that very clear but no one seems to go into the next scene with any knowledge of what happened previously.

André

Oct 25, 2017
Europe
So are we to assume that after Sora restore's everyone's hearts, he also time travels back to when they first all arrived in the Keyblade Graveyard? It doesn't make that very clear but no one seems to go into the next scene with any knowledge of what happened previously.

That's exactly what happens. I'm just not sure how. Deus ex Machina?

SugarNoodles

Nov 3, 2017
Portland, OR
That's exactly what happens. I'm just not sure how. Deus ex Machina?
Apparently what actually happened is that they hopped over to a completely different timeline that wasn't lost to darkness.

The mobile game introduces the concept of "worldlines" ie multiple timelines and this part of KH3 takes advantage of that.

Which means that the entire timeline we've been playing through for 7 games is canonically lost to darkness.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Apparently what actually happened is that they hopped over to a completely different timeline that wasn't lost to darkness.

The mobile game introduces the concept of "worldlines" ie multiple timelines and this part of KH3 takes advantage of that.

Which means that the entire timeline we've been playing through for 7 games is canonically lost to darkness.
... fuck that.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
That section was so poorly conveyed >.<

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Fuck the entire section between the heartless battle and the organization battle.

Only good part is The Final World.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Officially finished this just moments ago, secret movie included.

That was maybe the first time I've felt legitimately sad over a KH secret movie. I thought Sora's adventure was finally at an end and he would get to finally rest at his island with Kairi, but they go and have him ending up in...TWEWY? Real life Shibuya? The holographic world of Shibuya?

Leave my poor baby boy alone, Nomura. He's seen more shit than Solid Snake at this point. Let him rest. :(

ElNerdo

Oct 22, 2018
So finally beat the story. 30 hours on standard/normal. I actually really enjoyed it. Combat felt amazing. Since I didn't meet the requirements for the secret ending during my playthrough, I watched it online. So, does that tease two SE properties possibly being included in KH down the line?

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So finally beat the story. 30 hours on standard/normal. I actually really enjoyed it. Combat felt amazing. Since I didn't meet the requirements for the secret ending during my playthrough, I watched it online. So, does that tease two SE properties possibly being included in KH down the line?

Isn't Riku just in Verum Rex?

I feel if they actually do a world out of that it'll just continue the joke of being Not-Versus.

Or maybe Nomura really is crazy enough to put actual Versus in the game.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

TWEWY was already used in Dream Drop Distance, so it wouldn't be a stretch for them to do it again (though I hope they WON'T do it directly).

The Yozora stuff is...hard to parse exactly what the intent is.

R.D.Blax

Oct 26, 2017

So you are telling me Kingdom Hearts was a Zero escape game all along ?

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I think Twilight Town has seen its share of weird shit.

"Hey, remember that wizard's tower that was just outside town for a year and suddenly vanished?"

It was never really a part of Twilight Town. The "ghost train" would just disappear when it got far enough away from town.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
can't believe Master Xehanort turns out to be a good guy despite getting a sataniç goat for a head 😨 🤯

BigBluePig

Jul 5, 2018

There's nothing to suggest that any of this is true.

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017

Interesting theory, but not sure it's true because Namine helps summon lingering will in their current world line, unless the final world isn't bound to any world line or simply namine has special powers.

malyse

Community Resetter
We don't know if worldlines are timelines or not. The Dandelions were always in a separate realm from the main series and from the original computer/phone game
Yup. In [chi] you fight in the Keyblade War and fucking lose. In Unchained you go back to before the war and somehow avoid participation and at some point someone gets Luxu's horned lion key and we all jump to a new worldline. Between X, 3D, and 3 they've added more lore than all the other games combined.

Joqu

Oct 25, 2017
The Waffle Kingdom
Hey, isn't it a bit strange that Xigbar / Luxu retained the Xehanort eye in the epilogue? He didn't start out that way as seen in Birth By Sleep. And the other ex-organization members appear to have reverted as you'd expect, going by Even in the ending.

...is it just because he looks like a cooler villain that way?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Hey, isn't it a bit strange that Xigbar / Luxu retained the Xehanort eye in the epilogue? He didn't start out that way as seen in Birth By Sleep. And the other ex-organization members appear to have reverted as you'd expect, going by Even in the ending.

...is it just because he looks like a cooler villain that way?

Nomura forgot.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
those who wield the MoM's keyblade have yellow eyes.

or nomura forgot.

It's definitely not that. Xigbar/Luxu had normal eyes before becoming a vessel for Xehanort. Aqua also had them after being corrupted by darkness.

Yellow eyes are just synonymous with darkness, but you most likely need to have a very deep connection with the darkness to gain them as none of the Organization had them. They only gained them when they took on a piece of Xehanort's heart.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of the yellow eyes. Why is it that characters in KH1/KH2/BBS have amber eyes when influenced by darkness but all the Norts have golden yellow eyes in 3? Why the change? The almost-orange amber looks way more unnatural and it also just looks cooler.

And then Ansem the Wise/OG Ansem have orange eyes, which are even better.

Joqu

Oct 25, 2017
The Waffle Kingdom
Speaking of the yellow eyes. Why is it that characters in KH1/KH2/BBS have amber eyes when influenced by darkness but all the Norts have golden yellow eyes in 3? Why the change? The almost-orange amber looks way more unnatural and it also just looks cooler.

Boring answer, but I think that's just an art style change like Riku's eye colour in 3. I preferred the old look too.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018

Xehanort and Terranort always had yellow eyes in BBS. The amber eyes were only a thing in KH and KH2 with Ansem, Xemnas, and Terranort.