• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
I'm replaying BBS right now and X's eyes are definitely a darker yellow than they are in 3.

They look the exact same to me.

latest

latest

They're clearly yellow in both BBS and KH3 and they're distinctly different from the amber eyes Ansem, Xemnas, and Terranort had in KH and KH2.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
We don't know if worldlines are timelines or not. The Dandelions were always in a separate realm from the main series and from the original computer/phone game
Hmm, fair enough. I would be surprised if it didn't function similarly, though. It'd be nice if we got a clear definition of "worldlines" eventually.
Hey, isn't it a bit strange that Xigbar / Luxu retained the Xehanort eye in the epilogue? He didn't start out that way as seen in Birth By Sleep. And the other ex-organization members appear to have reverted as you'd expect, going by Even in the ending.

...is it just because he looks like a cooler villain that way?
I expect this to be intentional in order to serve as a backdoor in case Nomura wants to bring Xehanort back somehow through the fragment left in Xigbar.

Or... Yeah, Nomura forgot. I hope not, to be honest.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah about that is armor has an animal head just like the lost masters have animal masks. I wonder if there is a connection here.

The symbol of No Name/Gazing Eye is a demonic goat. So it seems like the goat armor is based off of that.

Which just makes Xehanort's weird Nobody King armor from KH2/BBS all the more confusing when you think about it. Where did THAT come from and where did it end up?

Joqu

Oct 25, 2017
The Waffle Kingdom
I expect this to be intentional in order to serve as a backdoor in case Nomura wants to bring Xehanort back somehow through the fragment left in Xigbar.

Or... Yeah, Nomura forgot. I hope not, to be honest.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. I can't think of anything else, it just seems like it's supposed to imply he still has his Xehanort fragment inside of him, which I suppose does make some sense since he didn't fade like the other organization members.

I don't think that's going to go anywhere anytime soon, but it definitely does feel like a backdoor of sorts. Gotta wait till KH7. :P

Arcus Felis

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Xigbar has the potential to become very interesting, but after they botched Xehanort I'm quite wary now...

Deleted member 29464

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Something I just noticed going through selfie photos, it looks like Sora's character model is different at the end of the world when compared to the one in the Keyblade Graveyard. Edit: I may have been transformed, just realised that.

I was also wondering what happened to Vexen and Demyx after the end of KH3 if they're still part Xehanort, I seem to remember Vexen having the eyes. Could it even be a free life as it's not like its implied any of the organisation members from the present actually died after their battles?

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So like... did Luxu snatch the body of a real man named Braig or did he just magic himself up the body from scratch and start going by Braig?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Something I just noticed going through selfie photos, it looks like Sora's character model is different at the end of the world when compared to the one in the Keyblade Graveyard. Edit: I may have been transformed, just realised that.

I was also wondering what happened to Vexen and Demyx after the end of KH3 if they're still part Xehanort, I seem to remember Vexen having the eyes. Could it even be a free life as it's not like its implied any of the organisation members from the present actually died after their battles?

Vexen's eyes are back to normal in the ending, I believe. Demyx never shows up again after he drops off the 'present' with Ienzo.

So like... did Luxu snatch the body of a real man named Braig or did he just magic himself up the body from scratch and start going by Braig?

I'm not sure it matters either way, honestly.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I was just curious since it makes him more obviously evil if he just straight up stole someone's identity lol.
Either way, Luxu changed a lot over the years. Compare his personality while talking to MoM in Back Cover to literally any other point in time he appeared as Braig/Xigbar.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Either way, Luxu changed a lot over the years. Compare his personality while talking to MoM in Back Cover to literally any other point in time he appeared as Braig/Xigbar.

For sure. I actually suspected Xigbar was the Master before Luxu since his trollish personality matched him more.

Deleted member 12352

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So, uh... did I miss something with the hinting about seven new princesses of heart in this game (Of whom Elsa and Rapunzel seemed to be 2)? It's a plot point that seemingly vanishes in the last third of the game.

Or the Maleficent/Pete sub-plot... did literally anything even happen there?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
So, uh... did I miss something with the hinting about seven new princesses of heart in this game (Of whom Elsa and Rapunzel seemed to be 2)? It's a plot point that seemingly vanishes in the last third of the game.

The New Seven Hearts was a "backup plan" the Org was gonna use if Sora never found the rest of the seven guardians. They ended up not needing them.

And Maleficent's arc is just setup for the next story probably.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
The final parts of the game feels rushed. I expected to explore realm of darkness before rescuing Aqua, but what I got was a cutscene > a weaker version of a boss I fought in 2017 > a cutscene.

I also expected Scala ad Caelum to be the final explorable world and this game's World That Never Was/End of The world, but it was nothing, but a big boss fight arena lmao.

abrack

Unshakable Resolve
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
DFW

Xehanorts plan needs 7 lights vs 13 darknesses. The 7 lights don't HAVE to be the hero team, the princesses of hearts also count. So if Sora and co failed to gather 7 heroes or died in the process, they could kidnap the 7 princesses (like in KH1) to still create the x-blade.

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

The Maleficent/Pete sub-plot is probably going to play into the next story.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
The final parts of the game feels rushed. I expected to explore realm of darkness before rescuing Aqua, but what I got was a cutscene > a weaker version of a boss I fought in 2017 > a cutscene.

I also expected Scala ad Caelum to be the final explorable world and this game's World That Never Was/End of The world, but it was nothing, but a big boss fight arena lmao.

Scala is weird. The world music makes it pretty clear it was intended to be fully explorable, but I'm not really sure HOW they planned to do it. It feels more like a cut hub town than an actual dungeon world, if that makes sense?

SpectR0nn

Jan 6, 2018
For sure. I actually suspected Xigbar was the Master before Luxu since his trollish personality matched him more.

Dude, what if it's like a cycle and MoM is actually Luxu from the far future?

Edit: as this revelation came to me, Pursuit - Cornered from Phoenix Wright was playing in the background, lol.

Deleted member 12352

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Maleficent/Pete sub-plot is probably going to play into the next story.
Xehanorts plan needs 7 lights vs 13 darknesses. The 7 lights don't HAVE to be the hero team, the princesses of hearts also count. So if Sora and co failed to gather 7 heroes or died in the process, they could kidnap the 7 princesses (like in KH1) to still create the x-blade.
The New Seven Hearts was a "backup plan" the Org was gonna use if Sora never found the rest of the seven guardians. They ended up not needing them.

And Maleficent's arc is just setup for the next story probably.

That's actually kind of frustrating tbh... though at this point I shouldn't be surprised by plot points that are either pointless or all set up and no pay-off.

Thanks all for answering though. Appreciated.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Dude, what if it's like a cycle and MoM is actually Luxu from the far future?
That's actually kind of frustrating tbh... though at this point I shouldn't be surprised by plot points that are either pointless or all set up and no pay-off.

Thanks all for answering though. Appreciated.

To be fair, the characters outright mention the new Seven are a backup plan. It wasn't really building to anything, it was more the Org telling Sora to do his job.

SpectR0nn

Jan 6, 2018
To be fair, the characters outright mention the new Seven are a backup plan. It wasn't really building to anything, it was more the Org telling Sora to do his job.

The more I think about this, the less it makes sense. I mean, if you're Xehanort, why go through all that trouble of waiting for the good guys to gather their forces and then do battle with them, instead of just capturing the seven pure lights right away and create the Chiblade that way? Is there something I'm missing here or is this truly a huge plothole?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
The more I think about this, the less it makes sense. I mean, if you're Xehanort, why go through all that trouble of waiting for the good guys to gather their forces and then do battle with them, instead of just capturing the seven pure lights right away and create the Chiblade that way? Is there something I'm missing here or is this truly a huge plothole?

That's why I'm saying I think it was just a veiled threat to motivate Sora: "do your job or we'll steal a bunch of princesses again".

Also, MX WANTS a Keyblade War. You don't get one of those if you summon Kingdom Hearts with a bunch of non-wielders.

Deleted member 34881

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I actually kind of like the KH UX story and characters. I really wish it wasn't a mobile game. My friend was telling .e he likes this setup than the Xehanort stuff.

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
They were still looking for the new seven hearts. By the end of the game, they had only found four of them.

Arcus Felis

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
It still hurts that Belle was able to get free of Xaldin by elbowing him when he grabbed the Standard Female Grab Area, but that Kairi gets this treatment not only once but twice in two different games (KH2 and Axel; KH3 and Xehanort & Co).

This trope is really getting on my nerves.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Random thought but it's an awfully convenient coincidence that the current wielder of No Name, the Keyblade with the Gazing Eye, only has one eye... (I'm pretty sure it's just a coincidence)

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
Random thought but it's an awfully convenient coincidence that the current wielder of No Name, the Keyblade with the Gazing Eye, only has one eye... (I'm pretty sure it's just a coincidence)
Luxu had both eyes originally when he was Braig. Probs a coincidence but that wouldn't stop something happening. IMO Luxu/Xigbar's personality screams was more MoM than Luxu from uX.

ultima786

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So one of the very interesting things about this plot I notice is that evil and darkness seems to be granted a certain role to play in the universe of kingdom hearts. And so that's why I am intrigued by this so called master of masters fellow, because he seems to be someone who is messing things up a little bit but I wonder if the reason for spreading this type of darkness (Such as causing friction and tension between his disciples) is because it has a grande a role to play. In Islamic theology (and other belief systems as well I'm sure) there is this ideaThat God is the creator of both light and dark, and of course he's also the creator of Satan, because at a very high-level Satan plays this role of providing meaning and test to the world of men. So I wonder if the Nomura is going for a similar theme in the next game

Aug 2, 2018
Is there a reason why Roxas is still able to use two keyblades after he returns, even though Ventus is a separate person by that point? Assuming that the original idea was that he could because of Ventus's heart.