• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Do y'all think that there's a chance that Nomura will read our reactions and do Kairi justice in the next game(s)?

I keep thinking about how much Axel's sudden popularity coming out of CoM/II made Nomura increase his presence in the series. It's clear that he takes fan feedback in consideration when choosing which characters get proper respect in the games.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Do y'all think that there's a chance that Nomura will read our reactions and do Kairi justice in the next game(s)?

I keep thinking about how much Axel's sudden popularity coming out of CoM/II made Nomura increase his presence in the series. It's clear that he takes fan feedback in consideration when choosing which characters get proper respect in the games.

Axel's presence increased because his staff loved Axel not because of the fans.

Same reason that Xion didn't become Repliku 2.0 and stayed a nice girl until the end. His staff influences his decisions greatly.

But he's more likely to take Japanese fans into account than Western fans too.

And Kairi's treatment is pretty usual by the standards of shonen.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
There is nothing in Ultimania about it.

You really stretching it when its clear it was a nomura lie.

Fucking hell, Xehanort himself didn't even originally have Yellow eyes.

NoName999

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Gifs from the Just a pancake video, created by presented to you all. enjoy

fmpG5ap.gif

dEaaTUI.gif

BRJWpjp.gif

Pancake always makes me happy.

If it's discovered that they're a Nazi, I'm gonna be very upset.

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
Every single Nort had yellow eyes, so they are a sign of Xehanort. Just turns out that they can also be a sign of crap totally unrelated to Xehanort as well.

It's technically still true.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Axel's presence increased because his staff loved Axel not because of the fans.

Same reason that Xion didn't become Repliku 2.0 and stayed a nice girl until the end. His staff influences his decisions greatly.

But he's more likely to take Japanese fans into account than Western fans too.

And Kairi's treatment is pretty usual by the standards of shonen.
While true, it's worth noting that Axel was also really popular with the staff, not just fans.
Oh, he has talked about the staff being the influence there? Meh :/

Zaverious

Oct 25, 2017
x2jv2ljzgvo11.png

Ansem, Xemnas, and Saix have amber eyes until KH3 and yet Braig/Xigbar and DDD Young Xehanort have had yellow eyes since their debut so yeah I wouldn't try to make sense of eye colors.

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
MX's death scene was so not satisfying. This is like the worst dude and all of a sudden there's an asspull to make him seem like he has understandable motivations at the 11th hour when there was nothing to show that at all before.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
MX's death scene was so not satisfying. This is like the worst dude and all of a sudden there's an asspull to make him seem like he has understandable motivations at the 11th hour when there was nothing to show that at all before.

But he wasn't understandable. He still wanted to kill literally everyone. It was supposed to illustrate how he may have initially come from a place of altruism and yet his intent still took him so far.

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
lmao it is isnt it. smfh for not remembering. I only recalled the symbol without the heart part at the bottom, and demy'x sitar looks slightly similar. im dumb.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
lmao it is isnt it. smfh for not remembering. I only recalled the symbol without the heart part at the bottom, and demy'x sitar looks slightly similar. im dumb.

Oh, it totally does look similar, on purpose. Most Nobodies have that insignia on their bodies or their weapons somewhere. It's on the back of all of Luxord's cards, for example.

The Nobody Emblem is actually based on Xemnas' residual memories of the mark that Eraqus and his apprentices used, btw:

Symbol_-_Keyblade_Master.png

That mark is almost assuredly inspired by the MoM's insignia, itself.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Something is annoying me lately. The keyblade that the Master of Masters gave Luxu, is it the Master of Master's or is it Luxu's? If it's the former, where is Luxu's original Keyblade, if it's the latter, why haven't we seen the Master's own Keyblade?

Another thing, all of the fans seem to call the Keyblade No Name but I'm not entirely sure why they do? When do they call it No Name in the series? Cause Luxu calls it The Gazing Eye in the Secret Reports. Not just the eye, the whole Keyblade.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Something is annoying me lately. The keyblade that the Master of Masters gave Luxu, is it the Master of Master's or is it Luxu's? If it's the former, where is Luxu's original Keyblade, if it's the latter, why haven't we seen the Master's own Keyblade?

Another thing, all of the fans seem to call the Keyblade No Name but I'm not entirely sure why they do? When do they call it No Name in the series? Cause Luxu calls it The Gazing Eye in the Secret Reports. Not just the eye, the whole Keyblade.

Even more confusing, Young Xehanort's keyblade is ALSO called No Name.

DeSolos

Nov 14, 2017
I take the yellow/orange eyes to be a mark of being tainted by darkness.

Ansem the Wise is another person that seemingly has orange eyes for no reason. The only thing I could think of would be that his experiments caused it.

Also Braig in BBS has Brown eyes until the battle in the Keyblade graveyard where he's shown to have gotten a yellow eye. This is on purpose.
maxresdefault.jpg

mqdefault.jpg

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles

Really?

Why would you do this Nomura

EDIT: Okay I just checked the Case of Luxu in Back Cover, and MoM calls it No Name but it sounds more like he's just saying it doesn't have a name. Then he says gazing or not. Wonder what the Ultimania calls it.

The Master of Masters says his Keyblade doesn't have a name and Luxu calls it No Name as a joke.

The Gazing Eye is MoM's eye inside the Keyblade which is what Luxu initially thought the name was.

The Keyblade was given to Luxu by the Master of Masters when he received his assignment. The Master had placed his own Gazing Eyewithin the blade, granting him the knowledge of anything the eye would observe throughout the ages. Luxu initially misunderstood the Master's explanation as the Keyblade being named the "Gazing Eye", but when the Master clarified that the Keyblade had "no name", Luxu playfully named it accordingly

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
But that's not consistent with 3. Luxu is still calling it The Gazing Eye. Even as Xigbar. He calls it that in the 13th report.

"The Gazing Eye: a Keyblade forged from the eye of

the Master of Masters. He passed it to me, as I have

to others, and through it he can see the future -- all

that will ever come to pass. Spanning the ages in body

after body, life after life, my task has been to keep

vigil over the Eye as it passes from hand to hand. It

has been a long time. Longer than I can express."

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
I take the yellow/orange eyes to be a mark of being tainted by darkness.

Ansem the Wise is another person that seemingly has orange eyes for no reason. The only thing I could think of would be that his experiments caused it.

Also Braig in BBS has Brown eyes until the battle in the Keyblade graveyard where he's shown to have gotten a yellow eye. This is on purpose.
maxresdefault.jpg

mqdefault.jpg

and his ear.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
But that's not consistent with 3. Luxu is still calling it The Gazing Eye. Even as Xigbar. He calls it that in the 13th report.

"The Gazing Eye: a Keyblade forged from the eye of

the Master of Masters. He passed it to me, as I have

to others, and through it he can see the future -- all

that will ever come to pass. Spanning the ages in body

after body, life after life, my task has been to keep

vigil over the Eye as it passes from hand to hand. It

has been a long time. Longer than I can express."

Yes, Luxu names it the Gazing Eye.

MoM said that it had no name.

So Luxu internally refers to is as the Gazing Eye but it's inferred that he told the person that would inherit it that it's called No Name. I guess so they wouldn't be suspicious that it had MoM's Eye inside of it or it's a joke to him.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
I just realized that Terra's body at the end of KH III used to be Xemnas' body.

So Terra's body went this way:

Terra-> Terranort -> Apprentice Xehanort-> Xemnas-> Terranort-> Terra

That body has been through a lot

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Yes, Luxu names it the Gazing Eye.

MoM said that it had no name.

So Luxu internally refers to is as the Gazing Eye but it's inferred that he told the person that would inherit it that it's called No Name. I guess so they wouldn't be suspicious that it had MoM's Eye inside of it or it's a joke to him.
But Xehanort and Eraqus knows about the gazing eye history so that doesn't make any sense. I mean they're clearly suspicious of it. Or at least Xehanort is.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Not wholly related to this thread, but I find it kind of funny & interesting how I didn't really get anything leaky recommended to me by Youtube from KHIII even though I watched a lot of KH related content prior to release and now I'm seeing "Devil May Cry 5 - FINALE" videos even though I have watched very little out of it other than a couple of trailers & one longer gameplay preview. Wonder why I was saved from KHIII spoilers but several spoilery DMC5 are being recommended to me.

Nov 19, 2017
Assuming that heart symbol is indeed the Master of Master's, it's interesting that his chess is not positioned in the center

7zy6XGs.png

w9Sc9YG.png

So presumably Luxu is gonna be sporting a goat helmet even crazier than Armored Xehanort?

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Kairi: Namine is right here. Safe with me.

-Kairi then proceeds to die two different times and Namine has to eject herself from Kairi's body to protect herself each time-

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Oh, I just realized what the whole portal thing MX was about.

It's info from 3D.

When someone becomes a heart and timetravels, all versions of that person then gain the ability to timetravel (albeit with assistance usually).

That's why Master Xehanort is a portal because he can exist outside time and space which they push him out of and into Scala Ad Caelum another world that exists outside time and space..

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
You know,

The dynamic between Sora and Master Xehanort is terrible. Like contrasting it with Xemnas and Ansem, it very much feels like Sora has to do it more than it feels like Sora should be the one to do it.

Ravenwraith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You know,

The dynamic between Sora and Master Xehanort is terrible. Like contrasting it with Xemnas and Ansem, it very much feels like Sora has to do it more than it feels like Sora should be the one to do it.

Sora and Master Xehanort having never met puts a bit of an awkward tinge on the finale. Like nobody who's actually personally involved gets to do anything and Sora's leading the charge for the most part...

But the stories Kingdom Hearts 3 is wrapping up aren't really about Sora. It's weird. I think that's the thing that feels the most "off" about this game's story.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
It's the regular "main character fights the man behind the man" trope thats all over jrpgs. Xehanort also tried to directly nort Sora so it's not like there isn't anything purely personal there lol. Then you have to realize Sora stopped more of Xehanort's plans than literally anyone else in the cast so what's one more time. Xehanort got stonewalled by the same kid three times in a row, how embarrassing.

Ravenwraith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's the regular "main character fights the man behind the man" trope thats all over jrpgs. Xehanort also tried to directly nort Sora so it's not like there isn't anything purely personal there lol. Then you have to realize Sora stopped more of Xehanort's plans than literally anyone else in the cast so what's one more time. Xehanort got stonewalled by the same kid three times in a row, how embarrassing.

Yeah, and Xehanort makes it personal pretty quickly by axing Kairi anyway so it's not like the game isn't aware of this. Just feels kinda off to me.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean I take it the same way I've looked at KH for a while now. Sora is simply the POV character, but he's not the primary character. Riku, Terra, and Aqua are the primary characters that have a driving protagonist role in the narrative.

Most people disagree but I think it squares pretty well with his basically inconsequential Sora is to the actual stuff going on other than being the hiding place for like 15 other people's souls.

And yes, it should 100% have been Terra fighting MX at the end with Sora playing support. Or the Destiny Island trinity doing the first and second phase while Sora/Donald/Goofy for the last phase because that's the real "trinity" of the games which helps tie it together in a nice little bow.

I don't think it was bad how they ended up doing it, but it could have been done much better and more resonant.

Oct 26, 2017
I mean I take it the same way I've looked at KH for a while now. Sora is simply the POV character, but he's not the primary character. Riku, Terra, and Aqua are the primary characters that have a driving protagonist role in the narrative.

Most people disagree but I think it squares pretty well with his basically inconsequential Sora is to the actual stuff going on other than being the hiding place for like 15 other people's souls.

And yes, it should 100% have been Terra fighting MX at the end with Sora playing support. Or the Destiny Island trinity doing the first and second phase while Sora/Donald/Goofy for the last phase because that's the real "trinity" of the games which helps tie it together in a nice little bow.

I don't think it was bad how they ended up doing it, but it could have been done much better and more resonant.

Sora kills like every form of Xehanort throughout the series, lol.

Terra is also an extremely bad character who has barely been in any of the games IDK.

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
But he wasn't understandable. He still wanted to kill literally everyone. It was supposed to illustrate how he may have initially come from a place of altruism and yet his intent still took him so far.

I guess my issue is that the altruistic thing came from left field - nothing foreshadowed that he was doing this out of anything more than for the EVULZ before this.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Everyone else had their chance to fight MX/ his other selves and failed. Sora is just picking up the slack. That said, I still feel like even through 3, Xemnas is the one with the most personal connection to Sora and Ansem obviously with Riku.