• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
At the end of KH6 when Sora faces Luxu, and Luxu mocks Xehanort for being an easily manipulated fool - Sora will say that Xehanort was the coolest guy.

Oct 25, 2017
No, they really didn't.

Those Disney worlds were complete filler in DDD..

In DDD, the most relevant thing that happened was Orgy members showing up to spout mumbo jumbo to Sora and Riku.

And in BBS, it was a little better because they helped develop the Wayfinder trio but....plot-wise, they weren't all that important besides setting up a couple of things for KH 1.

I mean as in ddd your mission is to wake each world or something. Like actively do something about the worlds. That's kind of the whole mastery exam even though it was all fake or something, regardless it was an objective tied to the world's which is new. Kh 1 and 2... The world's were mostly just 'drive through states' that sora meets and makes new friends and helps them out but he is here to find riku and Kairi. Kh2... It's been a few months but I recall it was still mostly just to look for riku? And murder organization members that show up.

Actually now that I think about it bbb didn't really have a reason for world travel outside of terra running away because he failed his test and everyone else chased after him.
When you break it down to rpg terms the Disney movie bits are pretty much textbook side quests haha.

Funky

doemaaan

Oct 27, 2017
s3lij2e807l21.jpg

TcNzHgG.gif
Got me thinkin'

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
The Xehanort saga is actually the Keyblade succession saga not the seeker of darkness saga.

Terranort

Oct 27, 2017
Jesus Fuckin' Christ, Nomura.

The song from the Secret Ending with the familiar tune is called Beloved Somnus.

Nomura: "I'm not bitter about Versus XIII I am not!. Also here is a track literally called Somnus in the secret ending of kh3 along with this character who is seriously NOT Noctis."

Me:"Sure Nomura, you are not bitter at all". XD

Eien1no1Yami

Oct 30, 2017
Btw without mentioning any spoilers from this game but.....
Am I the only one who found strikingly odd similarities between DMCV and KH?
I mean...there was a scene in the game where I was like...."this is straight up from KH2 LMAO"
I'm referring to the "No Name" scene if anyone's wondering
Not to mention the whole Nobody talk that I already show in some other threads.
Omg, Nomura and his vision now influences other media, who would have thought :P

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Y'know, the filler complaint people make with this series is something I've never really jived with. The novelty of this series to me has always been seeing Sora, Donald, and Goofy just interacting with the cast of characters in these movies. To me that isn't really filler, it's core to the series. And even if this was filler, there is really nothing wrong with it being so if it doesn't go against how the characters act. It is in Sora's character to meddle and get distracted. This has been who he is since KH1. The Disney worlds do not have to drive the main plot forward, hell, they often didn't in KH1. Like what was their actual relevance? Two occasions there was a Princess of Heart which Sora was ignorant of, and you're sealing keyholes to protect the worlds' hearts from the Heartless (whatever that even means). Outside of Monstro and Neverland, the other worlds aren't important, and the only reason these two have any relevance is cause Riku was there. They're wacky episodic adventures and these kind of adventures have alot of detours.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Y'know, the filler complaint people make with this series is something I've never really jived with. The novelty of this series to me has always been seeing Sora, Donald, and Goofy just interacting with the cast of characters in these movies. To me that isn't really filler, it's core to the series. And even if this was filler, there is really nothing wrong with it being so if it doesn't go against how the characters act. It is in Sora's character to meddle and get distracted. This has been who he is since KH1. The Disney worlds do not have to drive the main plot forward, hell, they often didn't in KH1. Like what was their actual relevance? Two occasions there was a Princess of Heart which Sora was ignorant of, and you're sealing keyholes to protect the worlds' hearts from the Heartless (whatever that even means). Outside of Monstro and Neverland, the other worlds aren't important, and the only reason these two have any relevance is cause Riku was there. They're wacky episodic adventures and these kind of adventures have alot of detours.

I agree with you to an extent, but personally, the best part of Disney worlds is seeing it clash with the overarching story. For instance, in kh3, Woody smack talking YX, Sully tossing vanitas into doors, and Jack fighting luxord are some of my favorite parts of the game. I'd like more of that as time goes on if possible.

I think it's much better when it's truly a cross over with the characters interacting than when it's just Sora on a field trip.

Yata

Feb 1, 2019
Spain
Just beat the game. Considering how confused people seemed about the ending I thought it would be a bunch of Nomura madness, but actually, one of my biggest complains of the story is that there wasn't enough of it. I dunno, a lot of the stuff that happened was what I was expecting, and I feel like the secret Ending is the least mind blowing in the series, Versus XIII shenanigans aside.

As hopes for the next game, I really, really hope they actually ditch most of the cast for the next game. As much as I think they are charming, their story is completely over.

Hoping for the next one to take place +10 years later.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Just beat the game. Considering how confused people seemed about the ending I thought it would be a bunch of Nomura madness, but actually, one of my biggest complains of the story is that there wasn't enough of it. I dunno, a lot of the stuff that happened was what I was expecting, and I feel like the secret Ending is the least mind blowing in the series, Versus XIII shenanigans aside.

As hopes for the next game, I really, really hope they actually ditch most of the cast for the next game. As much as I think they are charming, their story is completely over.

Ventus, Lea and Isa seem like the need to carry over to the saga as do Luxord, Marluxia, Larxene and Demyx because of their connections to the past and + Isa & Lea's connection to X.

Roxas, Xion, Terra and Aqua seem like they have a complete story now though. They can be retired although I think it would suck if they were retured since 3 of them are some of the better characters.

Ansem the Wise seems like he needs to come back for the X stuff as well which would mean bringing in the Radiant Garden crew but they can come back as cameos.

hank_tree

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

I think they split so much of the story off into the side games, there really wasn't anything left for KH3.

TheCed

Oct 27, 2017
I think they split so much of the story off into the side games, there really wasn't anything left for KH3.

I'm actually thinking that there were too much to do for KH3 and was under the impression that they wouldn't be able to do everything in one game...

And they ended up cramming everything in the final act without leaving any time for a scene to have it's impact before moving on to the next one.

Deleted member 35631

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 8, 2017

Well, they need to finish Union X and catch up with the present first. Then, seeing how the secret ending happens after the Keyblade Graveyard and before they are playing in the beach, the next game could be in that time frame. They showed Ven remembering Chirithy, so Ven, Aqua and Terra could still be part of the story. They still have to reveal the box contents, and while they can reveal it in the "past", they still need to show what Xulu wants/needs to do with it in the present with the Old Masters' return.

Man, I want so much more Kingdom Hearts, but at the same time, I don't want any more games. Nomura takes forever to release games, and he probably will either keep releasing game on all consoles, or keep doing mobile games since it's a major revenye input for Square Enix. Just as an example, the new God of War. The next one will probably release in 2 or 3 years. That will be 5 years after the first one, and if they decide that it will be a trilogy, then it will take another 3-4 years for the third one.

Kingdom Hearts 3 was supposed to be the end of the saga, but it it didn't feel like a conclusion at all. Then, you have Union X that actually seems more interesting, because in reality, Nomura backed himself into a corner with the Dark Seeker Saga once he starting connecting both stories together. How many years it would take to finish Union X story with its montly updates and bite-sized story bits? How many years until we get a new Kingdom Hearts explaining where Sora is in the secret ending? and how many years until Nomura advances the story after the epilogue, and will it be just one game, or a new saga? I think Nomura is in his 50s, I am already pretty confident that if he dies at 95, he will still not be finished with Kingdom Hearts story.

abrack

Unshakable Resolve
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
Well, they need to finish Union X and catch up with the present first. Then, seeing how the secret ending happens after the Keyblade Graveyard and before they are playing in the beach, the next game could be in that time frame.

Was this confirmed somewhere? My assumption was the secret ending was after the beach scene. Basically showing where Sora went after he disappeared on the beach.

Deleted member 35631

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Was this confirmed somewhere? My assumption was the secret ending was after the beach scene. Basically showing where Sora went after he disappeared on the beach.

Yah, I messed up, i think I wrote something other than what I was thinking. However, my point was that there still many years before we see the story advance forward, since Union X needs to catch up to the present where Luxu summons the Foretellers in the Graveyeard.

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
I took a 2 week break between getting to the final boss and finishing it and I totally forgot Kairi was killed lmao.

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
When did Namine talk to Terra in the past?
If you mean chronogically, after KH1 Hollow Bastion but before KH1's ending. Namine made contact with Terra shortly after being born on Castle Oblivion. If you wanted to say when this information was revealed, it was one of the dialogues present at the orchestra concerts.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
When did Namine talk to Terra in the past?

The first part was Terra and Namine lines from in the Kingdom Heart games.
The second part interaction was a scene where Okiayu spoke as the 'Lingering Will', meeting and speaking with Namine in the darkness (?).

The story was that Namine, following Sora's heart, ended up where the Lingering Will was.

Will: This place, it's...

Namine: This is a world of your memories. You're the only one the people of this time don't know the whereabouts of. I made it this far by following the links of those connected to you.

Will: Who are you?

Namine: Nice to meet you, I'm Na.. I'm a witch who manipulates memories.

Will: A witch?

Namine: Right now, you're bound by two sets of memories. One is your own memories. The other is that of a very dark power.

Will: Master... Xehanort...

Namine: Soon you'll be touched by a familiar light. Please guide her, so that she isn't confused by the darkness.

Will: She... Aqua! But I can't do anything, the way I am now...

Namine: Everyone is fighting in the the ways they can. I want you, too, to believe in yourself and fight so that your heart doesn't melt into the darkness. We will all make it to the same place, you see.

Will: Aqua... Ven... Someday, I'll... no matter what, I'll...

~The Unknown plays~

Will: I've never forgotten what happened on that day. I'll make it here and show you, no matter what.

The Lingering Will said, "Aqua, Ven!" as though talking to Namine had made it remember their names.

Nomura said that this conversation between the Lingering Will and Namine was "not going to appear in a game, it's a story just for the guests at this concert."

Tiddy

Oct 25, 2017
confirming critical mode is coming very soon and will be more than enemies just having a value change.

Yasue said it's "more technical and offensive," and more for those who are "good at action games" and "timing attacks." He said the skill required will change the way you play the game.
https://www.gameinformer.com/gdc-20...hearts-iiis-critical-mode-is-coming-very-soon

I believe it was already mentioned in the ultimania but good thing we get a confirmation again.