• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
So I was thinking more about the specifics of the KH lore and am I wrong to assume Xehanort is completely wrong in the end by assuming the realm of light was consumed by darkness at one point? The series never seems to show this and in Chi/UX it seems the realm of light was ruined by humans alone. I get that if a characters says something, it's likely right. But Ansem was completely wrong in KH1 so it's not like the precedent for this series doesn't exist.

One day I'm going to go in-depth about what I think and believe about KH lore, but the tldr version is humans are shit and heartless are superior.

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
I am so done lol
It kinda makes sense that Nomura might have had a rough concept in mind for where it was heading then with 0.2 and DDD basically being prologues to Kingdom Hearts 3.

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
I am so done lol
It kinda makes sense that Nomura might have had a rough concept in mind for where it was heading then with 0.2 and DDD basically being prologues to Kingdom Hearts 3.

fuuuuuuuuuuuck

"Sora... Why?"
"You are not my concern!"
"You are the source of all Heartless"

These 3 (and "What is this place?" to a lesser extent) all stand out the most to me. Fuuuuck

abrack

Unshakable Resolve
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
I am so done lol

Edit: My gif didn't work but I think this is a pretty big reach. Sora sits on the tree all the damn time and it's just bright ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
TudE.gif

NateDog

Jan 8, 2018
Just beat the game. Considering how confused people seemed about the ending I thought it would be a bunch of Nomura madness, but actually, one of my biggest complains of the story is that there wasn't enough of it. I dunno, a lot of the stuff that happened was what I was expecting, and I feel like the secret Ending is the least mind blowing in the series, Versus XIII shenanigans aside.
I just finished it myself and feel this way too. I mean I love Kingdom Hearts and it's wackiness but at times I felt things were pushing it a bit far (that weird Keyblade Graveyard intro which we do twice, and the second time nobody acknowledges the fact that the first time Sora and co. ran in they got obliterated, for example) and when it came to the ending I expected almost everything to tie to a happy ending (bar that related to Luxu), but it just felt a bit flat, although Sora disappearing from Kairi was a surprise, not that it will last, but I did like that it was done in an understated manner.

I already knew there was something related to Versus in the secret ending in spite of my attempts to avoid spoilers but I can't say I expected that. But is it that and TWEWY too, with Sora and Riku in different worlds? Also I saw someone saying this takes place before the Destiny Islands part of the ending but that can't be true can it? Riku was there, although unless that means he tried to save Sora but couldn't. But I don't see how we could know yet.

Going to see if there's much to do with regards to post-game content and wait for Critical mode which I think will be fine, excepting Armoured Xehanort probably.

Overall though I can't say I don't feel disappointed. It felt a lot shorter than I expected, I didn't think any boss battles stood out, I didn't really enjoy any Disney worlds except Pirates and Hercules (I found those fun to play through but the others felt a bit of a slog), and I was hoping we would have gotten to go to Radiant Garden. I will say that the Final World really, really surprised me with some commentary I never expected from Kingdom Hearts, I did actually find that quite moving and thinking now on the ending maybe I need to rethink my view on the events.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Edit: My gif didn't work but I think this is a pretty big reach. Sora sits on the tree all the damn time and it's just bright ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
TudE.gif

You can't tell from the the screenshots but in the actual scene, it shows Sora sitting on the tree while the sun is still up and then it flashes and Sora is gone with the sun setting. It's supposed to be an allusion to Sora disappearing.

DawnChocobo

Jan 14, 2019
I still think that Nomura chose that ending after watching Infinity War. This scene was just a coincidence (my personal opinion, not saying anyone is wrong).

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
New Union X update tomorrow for Nomura to troll us all again (Critical mode suprise release/date announcement for the anniversary might be nice too)

Ven's wielding Missing Ache, which has both a light and dark colour scheme. Most likely reflecting his two sides (Ven and Vanitas) never change Nomura

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
Nothing too much exciting this month. Darklings appear on the top floor, Ven Emp and the player fight some darklings and make a keyhole to investigate the bugs (presumably that's where the Wreck it Ralph world comes in next month)

Dec 25, 2018
While we wait for KH3, here is some footage of KH2FM's new amazing Vanitas mod.

Also, it's really amazing just seeing how active this thread was. I hope we get DLC news soon. I am waiting for all DLC to come out before playing it because I think I will enjoy it way more.

NateDog

Jan 8, 2018
Nothing too much exciting this month. Darklings appear on the top floor, Ven Emp and the player fight some darklings and make a keyhole to investigate the bugs (presumably that's where the Wreck it Ralph world comes in next month)
Has there been any big updates since December? That's the last I caught up.

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
Posted this in the community thread, but not everyone here browses there so i'll post it here too. Critical has more abilities.
Has there been any big updates since December? That's the last I caught up.
Not sure if you're on English or following the Japanese updates but Laurium is revealed to be Strelitzia's brother, the traitor in the new Unions is implied to be Brain (but he seems to be doing it to save the world from destroying itself) and because of what he did data bugs have appeared all over Daybreak Town putting the whole Union X simulation out of whack.

It's been pretty interesting even though this months quest was basically just "Lets go find the source of the bugs together" vs a massive info/plotdump in the last couple of months.

Last edited:

NateDog

Jan 8, 2018
Not sure if you're on English or following the Japanese updates but Laurium is revealed to be Strelitzia's brother, the traitor in the new Unions is implied to be Brain (but he seems to be doing it to save the world from destroying itself) and because of what he did data bugs have appeared all over Daybreak Town putting the whole Union X simulation out of whack.

It's been pretty interesting even though this months quest was basically just "Lets go find the source of the bugs together" vs a massive info/plotdump in the last couple of months.
Thanks! I was keeping up with the Japanese updates as I'm not actually playing the game and I think I remember that about Lauriam. I was watching someone's channel on YT for updates as it was recommended in a few places but I can't for the life of me remember it or find it again.

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks! I was keeping up with the Japanese updates as I'm not actually playing the game and I think I remember that about Lauriam. I was watching someone's channel on YT for updates as it was recommended in a few places but I can't for the life of me remember it or find it again.
KHInsider has a handy playlist if you wanna just watch the translated cutscenes :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6NVTZlqw1k&list=PLPCJnwphQDQcJOkD9OsmxxMHX7YHE4WP2

NateDog

Jan 8, 2018
KHInsider has a handy playlist if you wanna just watch the translated cutscenes :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6NVTZlqw1k&list=PLPCJnwphQDQcJOkD9OsmxxMHX7YHE4WP2
Definitely going to do that, thanks for the link.

I've been thinking of jumping back into KH3 for a few days but I can't say I really have the motivation. I want to get the Ultima Keyblade but not sure I'm bothered to actually do what I need to for it. Think I'll just wait to get back into the game with the critical mode update.

rwisenor

Jan 20, 2019
If I'm rehashing an older theory that has been discussed, sorry, but while rewatching all the Eraqus/Xehanort cutscenes —BBS, secret endings, and KH 3, I'm more interested in the 7 Guardians of Light and the 13 Seekers of Darkness and what that really is.

Hear me out, I think it's reversed, and we've been duped into thinking it's as it "should" be, when in fact it's not.

13 Seekers of Darkness - Sora, Riku, Kairi, Ventus, Terra, Aqua, Roxas, Axel, Xion, Mickey, Goofy, Donald and Naminé.

7 Guardians of Light - Xehanort, Ansem, Xemnas, Young Xehanort, Terra-Xehanort, Vanitas and Dark Riku.

I have left out Xigbar, Marluxia, Larxene, Luxord, Saïx, and Xion, basically anyone whose hearts were too strong for complete corruption. I believe these members are in fact red herrings.

- Xehanort believes he is doing the right thing in the end, protecting the light.
- We literally have spent the entire series "seeking" out the darkness.
- The 7 black pieces on the reversed chess board represent the Foretellers, MoM, and Luxu and we can assume it will be against 13 white pieces.
- The 7 I listed were bodies who were literal manifestations of Xehanort in the past and not nobodies with his heart placed in them and if you look closer, you will also notice the the 7 I listed are the only ones who were replicas with a "heart" of Xehanort, because they were true time-travelling versions of his guardian of light mission.
- This fits with the ending too, as Luxu couldn't possibly be a direct accessory to the fulfilment of the prophecy, it breaks the fundamental rule of time travel in the series, but does explain the preparation of the foretellers return.
- It furthermore aligns with the World A, World B, etc. timelines, perhaps suggesting that each timelines required a different balance of the 13 vs. the 7.

Long winded and not fully fleshed out, but it's been on my mind for a while now. What do you guys think?

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Damn I was hoping there was somehow a leak about the DLC....I had more fun in this thread than with the game at times

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I hope someone makes bulletin with most important spoilers/new content, I am not replaying KH3.

Dec 25, 2018
spoilers begin at 6AM EST on wednesday or if someone manages to access the files. new zealand gets the DLC super early before the rest of the world.

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Time to unwatch this thread in case things leak. See you guys on the other side.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Hello darkness (of the unknown) my old friend.

Pre-ordered Re:Mind on the US store a few days back. I'm off from work the day this drops, so that works out perfectly. It'd be fantastic if this dropped at midnight, though.

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Sweet, hope EU gets that art for the theme. (And still hoping we'll get the midnight blue dlc.. the avatars would be nice too)

Deleted member 12186

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How does Re:Mind work? Do I have to start a new game? I wanted to do a critical playthrough, is the content from the DLC endgame only or is t like FFXV where it adds stuff in between or QOL stuff?

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
How does Re:Mind work? Do I have to start a new game? I wanted to do a critical playthrough, is the content from the DLC endgame only or is t like FFXV where it adds stuff in between or QOL stuff?
No need to start a new game, but there's going to be a patch alongside the DLC that updates the base game with new abilities, new cutscenes inserted into the main campaign, and the addition of two new keyblades. The bulk of the new content is endgame though. This is essentially the final mix of KH3.

Deleted member 16365

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No need to start a new game, but there's going to be a patch alongside the DLC that updates the base game with new abilities, new cutscenes inserted into the main campaign, and the addition of two new keyblades. The bulk of the new content is endgame though. This is essentially the final mix of KH3.

Do we know if the cutscenes during the main game will be added to a theater?

Deleted member 12186

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Okay cool I'm going to start anew game alongside the dlc release to experience the enhancements to the base game.