• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Monster Hunter World's sales on Xbox One and PS4 were at 8.3 million as of June 30, 2018.
Monster Hunter World's Steam sales are at 2 million as of today.
Total sales for Monster Hunter World are now at 10.3 million units worldwide, in just six and a half months since the game launched.

Famitsu has been vindicated!

But yes, this is fantastically well deserved. Monster Hunter World is a great game (my favorite in the franchise, and of the year so far), and to see this series I have loved for so long finally make it big with the mainstream has been heartening to see. Good on Capcom for taking the risk, and it paying off for them.

I can't wait to see where they go next.

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
And people said the game was doomed to fail since it's not on a Nintendo handheld lol
Fun game, never clicked with me in the 3ds but it did on home consoles. I just wish that this game has cross play.

lost7

Feb 20, 2018
A bit redundant but from the way the title is phrased I thought this was an official announcement.

Anyways, fantastic numbers and big congrats to Capcom for taking a big risk that paid off beautifully. If someone had told me that a MH game would sell 10 millions a while ago, I would have probably laughed at their face.

OP
OP

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To be frank, no one really thought it would hit 10m worldwide. At the time, that was a ridiculous prediction. We all dine on crow tonight.
Yeah, I was one of the ones who thought 10 million was crazy.
Then again, I couldn't have hoped for the game to break out like it did in my wildest dreams.

I'm so glad it did, I love this franchise, and now everyone else does too.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Fantastic. Keep it coming. Hopefully TGS shows off the G-Rank update with loads of new monsters and gears.

Deleted member 21709

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
As I predicted. :oooooo

Can't wait to see where the franchise goes next. Can't imagine what a MH game on next-generation consoles will look like..

Also excited to see what Capcom is going to do after RE7 and MHW were so successful, and RE2/DMC are looking so good.

Last edited:

MrCarter

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely deserved. Will be great to see when we get proper comfirmation in fiscal reports too.

hussien-11

Oct 27, 2017
Jordan
And people said the game was doomed to fail since it's not on a Nintendo handheld lol
Fun game, never clicked with me in the 3ds but it did on home consoles. I just wish that this game has cross play.

They were not wrong to doubt its ability to success. it never did this amazing in the west before, and Capcom was risking losing the JP market on top of that.

this result is much higher than Capcom's expectations, its almost unbelievable o__O

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Officially?
Good job, hope they fix the PC version and update the content more regularly now.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
That's great to see. I didn't expect to see it happen this quickly. It'll be interesting to see where the series goes next.

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
...Yeah uh I think this thread title is a bit of a misleading misphrase. Steamspy isn't concrete data. Nonetheless all signs point to the PC release being a commercial success at least, so we may very well be at 10 Mil anyway.

Now, what should be interesting to see is how Generations Ultimate does on Switch in the west: Did Monster Hunter really need (Nintendo) Handhelds to be a beast, or were Handhelds holding Monster Hunter back the whole time?

Kilbane65

Oct 27, 2017
Uh maybe you should warn people that these numbers are not official yet. Steamspy is a great resource but they're not that accurate anymore.

OP
OP

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
...Yeah uh I think this thread title is a bit of a misleading misphrase. Steamspy isn't concrete data. Nonetheless all signs point to the PC release being a commercial success at least, so we may very well be at 10 Mil anyway.

Now, what should be interesting to see is how Generations Ultimate does on Switch in the west: Did Monster Hunter really need (Nintendo) Handhelds to be a beast, or were Handhelds holding Monster Hunter back the whole time?
Generations isn't a good barometer for how MH will do on Nintendo in the west. It's a upscaled port of a 3DS game that was an expansion of a 3DS game that was a greatest hits remix of previous 3DS games in the series.
When the first proper Switch Monster Hunter hits is when we will know how the series can perform on it in the west.

Deleted member 1476

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Monster Hunter World's sales on Xbox One and PS4 were at 8.3 million as of June 30, 2018.
Monster Hunter World's Steam sales are at 2 million as of today.
Total sales for Monster Hunter World are now at 10.3 million units worldwide, in just six and a half months since the game launched.

Famitsu has been vindicated!

But yes, this is fantastically well deserved. Monster Hunter World is a great game (my favorite in the franchise, and of the year so far), and to see this series I have loved for so long finally make it big with the mainstream has been heartening to see. Good on Capcom for taking the risk, and it paying off for them.

I can't wait to see where they go next.

That thread..

OP
OP

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Uh maybe you should warn people that these numbers are not official yet. Steamspy is a great resource but they're not that accurate anymore.
I mean I have nowhere said that it is official. And unless SteamSpy's margin of error exceeds 15%, the basic gist of the game being over 10 million still stands.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
what would be interesting is seeing how an actual MH made for switch with capcom's full marketing and advertising behind it would do, not a port of a 3ds game (that was an expansion of an already released game), that took an entire year to be released outside of japan. MHU's performance won't prove anything, it'll do decently tho.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
Happy for Capcom Japan, top five developer this generation (and ever, though that's another conversation). I haven't played as much as I wanted, but the hours I put into it were among the best this year, only eclipsed by GOW.

I'm sure people were ready for this last generation.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Uh lets wait till Capcom itself. The title makes it like they announced something themself.

Playsage

Oct 25, 2017
But yeah, I'll say that thread title should be used for when Capcom releases their statement, not just for last declaration+SteamSpy numbers

It could be 11+ million with China!

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
XX/Generation Ultimate's assets were almost entirely redone for the switch version, it wasn't just an up scaling of the 3DS game. Hope people with switches check it out if they liked World, the monster selection and variety is crazy. 90 something!

Super happy Monster Hunter has finally made it to the big leagues.