• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Unravel 2
Platform: Windows PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One
Rating Category:
Content Descriptors: Mild Fantasy Violence
Rating Summary: This is a side-scrolling platformer in which players control a pair of fantastical creatures called Yarnys as they navigate environments. Players traverse platforms and avoid hazards by swinging from yarn lassos; some areas contain animals that chase/menace the player's characters. The Yarnys are defeated when they are eaten by a fish, grabbed by birds, crushed by boulders, or run over by cars

I don't think we've heard anything about this since a mention a sequel was on the way. Looks like it's going to be a surprise drop? Was just posted on the ESRB site in the last day

Update: Officiallyy Announced at E3
Release: TODAY 6/9
Can be played single player or co-op
Control both characters as one if playing solo, splitting apart to solve puzzles

Last edited:

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Nice. The first one was a cute little adventure with some nice ideas. Sometimes not super engaging or challenging to play though but I still really enjoyed it. Looking forward to this one too,

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Aw, was hoping this year's EA Original was something new. But well, we'll get Nervous Swedish Guy again

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
Never got around to the first one. I really liked to concept and any screens I saw of it were gorgeous. How was it?

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
ahh i guess this is going to be their "indie" game later today, was hoping for something entirely new but okay

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Never got around to the first one. I really liked to concept and any screens I saw of it were gorgeous. How was it?

Visually swell but kind of dull gameplay wise.

I'm not really sure there's much to be gained from a direct sequel here. The puzzles weren't the compelling part of the game and the novelty is gone, and most indie sequels don't do well anyway. Unless it's a flat out genre change, I'd have preferred the dev had moved on to something else.

Wise

Oct 27, 2017
I forgot EA's conference is today. Looking forward to it

The first game wasn't great to be honest...but hopefully this one will be better

kiriku

Oct 27, 2017
I'm curious to see what this turns out to be. I loved the first game (I think it helped a lot that I am a Swede), but I don't think it's gonna be enough to simply make the same thing with a new story + environments. Hope they have some radical, new twist to the whole thing.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
It was a better adventure game than a platformer in my opinion. The visuals were gorgeous and it was a unique world to traverse but gameplay was rarely engaging or challenging. If you're the kind of person who enjoys traveling to a creative and beautifully crafted world and chill while admiring the great vistas then I'd recommend it. If you're the kind of person who is looking for a tight non-stop platforming action game then it is not one.

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
I really hated how the first game felt. The physics did not work well for me.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
This means Unravel did really good to warrant a sequel?
3 years in development if the game is coming in 2019.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
This is quite weird. Like, seeing a sequel to a game like this. Interesting. I hope it's something rally different gameplay-wise.

Mr_F_Snowman

Oct 27, 2017
Releasing a 2D side scroller on every platform besides Switch seems like an interesting business decision

Oct 29, 2017
NL
giphy.gif

Loved the first, just dont bring that guy back on stage.

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
Visually swell but kind of dull gameplay wise.

I'm not really sure there's much to be gained from a direct sequel here. The puzzles weren't the compelling part of the game and the novelty is gone, and most indie sequels don't do well anyway. Unless it's a flat out genre change, I'd have preferred the dev had moved on to something else.
This is how I feel. I was glad to buy it and support a project like this, but I don't know if I care to go back for more.

Chocobo115

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Would be great, Loved all the "swedishness" of the general. I hope they'll keep that.
It's the main reason why I'm interested in generation zero (from the trailer it looks like My hometown)

Filament Star

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how you make a sequel to a game like Unravel but I hope it's good!