Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019

I sorta wish this was finished. Weirdly enough this was supposed to be on the GameCube but was made for the Xbox.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
This is old. The video is from Nov 2016. This is just one of the numerous pitches/prototypes that Climax made during the 2000's. They also did two different Diddy Kong Racing DS pitches, and even a Sonic game pitch on PSP that I believe was related to Shadow the Hedgehog.

Funny enough, they'd go on to do the PC port of Viva Pinata after the fact. So Rare certainly took notice.

But here's the bit that's extremely bizarre; if you watch the video in the OP, you see Diddy riding a rhino... that rhino is ripped right out of Sabreman Stampede which the world didn't know existed outside of Rare. Did Climax work on that and have access to the assets? Maybe they were on a PC port of that, or as an unusual support team (which is weird as Rare back then did everything in-house without 3rd-party support devs).

Deleted member 25140

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I've seen so many prototypes/pitches come from Climax studios and they're literally based upstairs above my workplace

Alpha eX

Sep 22, 2019
Seen this footage a while back, gaming unseen or whatever that YouTube video series is. Seems to have a lot more detail though, but old footage.

Cool regardless, DKR is a gem.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
What's your source, OP? There hasn't been anything new about this prototype in years

Jroc

Jun 9, 2018

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Climax Studios. Wth I never heard of them. I had to look them up. They've made alot of games

Last edited:

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Just imagine this but only being able to see 2 feet in front of you. That's probably more accurate of what a released version would look like

Sagadego17

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Someone ripped a huge amount of data from Nintendo's servers. They claim to have 2TB of archival stuff from the N64-Wii era. It's been slowly leaking out in chunks on 4chan over the past few days.

Stuff like N64 tech demos, complete N64 hardware verilog documents, Pokemon Red/Blue/Silver source code, Pokemon betas, etc..
oh they so fucked x10,000,000,000,000,000

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Someone ripped a huge amount of data from Nintendo's servers. They claim to have 2TB of archival stuff from the N64-Wii era. It's been slowly leaking out in chunks on 4chan over the past few days.

Stuff like N64 tech demos, complete N64 hardware verilog documents, Pokemon Red/Blue/Silver source code, Pokemon betas, etc..
Only Pokemon stuff has leaked and Pokemon stuff ALWAYS leaks. You can almost set your clock to it. Don't fall for 4chan exaggerating stuff like they always do. Or how people always let fake stuff piggyback off of a real leak.

Run Goku

Oct 25, 2017
Someone (allegedly) ripped a huge amount of data from Nintendo's servers. They claim to have 2TB of archival stuff from the N64-Wii era. It's been slowly leaking out in chunks on 4chan over the past few days.

wonder if Conker Twelve Tales could possibly have been part of this if it happened.

Jroc

Jun 9, 2018
Only Pokemon stuff has leaked and Pokemon stuff ALWAYS leaks. You can almost set your clock to it. Don't fall for 4chan exaggerating stuff like they always do. Or how people always let fake stuff piggyback off of a real leak.

The N64 dev stuff seems legit. Maybe that's all they have, guess we'll see what pops up over the next week or so.

Oct 26, 2017
Climax Studios. Wth I never heard of them. I had to look them up. They've made alot of games
Wrong. They've been making a number of games for Outright Games, including Crayola Scoot and the How to Train Your Dragon game IIRC.

They also announced a Switch port of that original shmup they made but it's yet to surface since IIRC.

OP
OP
Komo

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
What's your source, OP? There hasn't been anything new about this prototype in years
If you know where to look it is pretty easy to find.
I guessing he's referring to the rumor that the flipnote leak was a part of a much larger leak/hack. But since nothing else has come out of it, it's pretty clear that it was all just bullshit
Nah it's what Jroc said below, someone had hacked the people who made the iQue. were supposedly hacked and this is what is coming from it.
Someone (allegedly) ripped a huge amount of data from Nintendo's servers. They claim to have 2TB of archival stuff from the N64-Wii era. It's been slowly leaking out in chunks on 4chan over the past few days.

Well Super Mario stuff leaked too, n64dd games leaked, and a bunch of sample games.

jdh96

One Winged Slayer
Jan 25, 2020

Nah it's what Jroc said below, someone had hacked the people who made the iQue. were supposedly hacked and this is what is coming from it.

Well Super Mario stuff leaked too, n64dd games leaked, and a bunch of sample games.
What's the point of making a thread called "unreleased Diddy Kong Adventure prototype has leaked" while providing zero proof of what your talking about? heck even the video in the OP is almost 4 years old.

grand

Oct 25, 2017

So you made a thread about a subject matter whose credibility and/or legality is questionable enough that you didn't directly mention it. And which the source is either non-existent or you know well enough to not link on this forum. So you make this thread without explaination and just post a 3 year old video, thus confusing everyone. And we're supposed to discuss... What exactly? A bunch of fake and/or bannable topics?

I think you've overestimated how many people regularly follow or care about the nonsense that comes out of 4chan. Should've waited until the inevitable website article to reference the leak (if legit) so you'd at least have something to base a discussion on.

daTRUballin

Oct 25, 2017
Portland, Oregon
Interesting how they attempted to make a Diddy Kong Racing game on the GameCube even after Rare's buyout. There's always been this narrative that Nintendo stopped giving a shit about DK until DKC Returns became a thing (and in some ways, it was arguably true).

This game would've been a godsend for DK/Rare fans during the early buyout era.

Deleted member 51982

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 14, 2019

It's not alledged, someone actually did hack in a couple years ago.
Verge
It's unclear if this information comes from that though. Mirror House Corn Flakes was interesting for a demo at least.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
As someone imagining something with more details on a newly dumped build, or dreaming of something on the scale of the F-Zero Arcade running natively on existing emulators, the video from Nov, 2016 was a little bit of a letdown. If there's more to this, I would have expected it in the OP.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Hmm how did this video have Diddy Kong riding a rhino? That was the concept of the other unreleased game. Wth someone needs to find out how both are linked. Just find that fascinating. Saberwolf Stampede beta video exists but was scrapped.

Runwhiteboyrun

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Runs like booty on the OG Xbox emulator.
7fAU1IMl.png

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Yeah I saw someone posting stuff from the beta of Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon and claimed it was from such a leak.