• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
i wanna wish it was true but the mere fact he didnt show it running on switch hardware in the video makes me suspicious

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
That just looks like he's called one folder Media and another folder Virtual Console.
Which seems a little odd given that when the user was testing friend signups, he just went with a whole bunch of individually numbered entries. If I were showing off a UI, I'd use the same criterion for "creating a bunch of friends to invite" as I would for "Creating a bunch of folders to demo"; either both with generic numbered names or both with 'friendly' names that might convey how a user would use it.

I want to believe, but that niggles at me an awful lot.

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
Looks legit. I thought the clock wasn't going to change and right before the video ended it did which convinced me it's real.

As far as all of this coming in the next update, that I'm not convinced on

¡Hip Hop!

Nov 9, 2017
I want this to be real. I'm skeptical though. This is just a huge list of big changes that everyone has been asking for since launch. It's almost too on-the-nose for Nintendo. But still, I hope it's real.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Also, if this is real. I'm guessing maybe stuff doesn't actually work yet and the BotW theme might've come free for the update?

brandonh83

Oct 25, 2017
Themes are good, but that BOTW one really doesn't work due to the icon size/placement. I guess having a background is better than nothing, but the design emphasis for Switch themes needs to be oriented to the top and bottom.

Wyndstryker

Oct 25, 2017
This is one of those uncanny valley territory of rumors. The ones that make you wish the rumor was real.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
If it's fake, it's a really good fake.

Fingers crossed though.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Hopefully this is real and also includes FunimationNow & Bluetooth headset support. I have a Jaybird X3 that's begging to be used.

PCPace

Oct 30, 2017
Alabama
If it is fake it's so well done I wouldn't be mad.

It would be very atypical of Nintendo to deliver on all these features at once though

Vic

Nov 22, 2017
Now the USB Audio functionality that was secretly added months ago totally makes sense.

I think it's real.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Theme changes way too fast. Even on PS4 it takes couple of seconds. Definitely fake.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
So this will be in the January Direct, right?

Along with Fire Emblem Switch and more on Kirby and Yoshi and also Mario Maker and Smash Bros and Metroid Prime 4.

Coolduderedux

Oct 25, 2017
Even with the internet browser on the home screen? This has to be fake.

Interesting enough, it's on a monitor which means that it would have to be a docked switch and it's not charging. Unless it's some debug kit or something...

FrakEarth

Oct 25, 2017
Liverpool, UK
No way someone would go to these lengths to fake something like this, they wouldnt gain anything from it

You underestimate the ability of people to have an (adderall x a billion) focus on fooling people with assholish media-compositing. Rather than create something original and creative, that could be used in a work portfolio to get themselves a decent job, they fake hardware renders, 3D print shit, and composite fake videogame videos complete with realistic UX and character animation for the lulz

If this is another such fake I hope something suitably karmic and horrible befalls them, because all of this in a single update would be megaton level awesome

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
We didn't know what the NX was back then so anyone could've just made anything.

This has to follow all of the Switch OS, which it does. Would definitely be a more impressive fake.

I don't disagree that this is extremely well done and extremely convincing, I was just responding to the "why would someone go to these lengths for a fake" comment.

chobel

Attempting to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is way too good to be true.