• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Theme changes way too fast. Even on PS4 it takes couple of seconds. Definitely fake.
To be fair, everything system-wise is just a tad bit slower on ps4 compared to the switch (taking screenshots, going from the game to the home screen, sleep mode to wake). But of course that doesn't mean it's more real because of that, it's most likely fake.

kc44135

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I'd love to believe this is real, but I've learned over time to never trust this this stuff or else I'll just be setting myself up for disappointment. I'm team fake. Even if the video is convincing, it's frankly just too good to be true. This is basically just the wishlist of all the features that we all could ever want crammed into a single update. If we ever get any of these features, they will be drip-fed to us over the course of many years, and probably implemented in bizarre ways. Nintendo's great at making games, and occasionally have a cool idea or two for their new hardware, but I don't expect much more of them when it comes to these kinds of features.

Also, I don't see any proof of a "Virtual Console" in this video. The guy just appeared to create a custom folder with "Virtual Console" in the title.

Nov 3, 2017
I firmly believe this is fake. Anyone with access to the previously leaked Switch SDK and good design sense can make fake leaks. I'm not good at Photoshop but even I can make something like this easily.

I commend the skill required to make a video leak compared to simple images. However it just doesn't make sense for a firmware update to leak not to mention that it seems extremely wishlist-y.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
The ability to shift around icons is now my most wanted Switch game

I can picture it now, Koziumi in a Direct: "Now you can" — *snaps fingers*— "switch your icons around!"

Oct 25, 2017
I have to film this entirely in the dark and never show the controller you guys. It's the only way I can film this historic leak.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've personally heard nothing in regards to this update and it all seems a bit too good to be true. If it's a fake then well done to the editor. If it's real then hell yeah.

I would suggest keeping expectations grounded for a few days until the Direct.

Yeah, I will. I really hope it's true because all of this sounds incredible, bt will keep my expectations in check.

prateeko

Oct 26, 2017
Cloud storage. On-system voice chat. Themes. Folders. Virtual console. Media apps. Arbitrary manipulation of home screen icons.

Nintendo, you did it. You glorious bastards.

If fake: how does someone fake this?!

If real: how the hell does this get leaked?!

After that Rayman Smash 4 leak, I think anything can be fake. Even if it is, it's a very good concept video for those who say that adding basic features would bloat the OS.

Too good to be real :/

I think it's fake. Don't see enough and on top of that too much being released at once and we've been burned by really good fakes before.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Did the guy who made the oval controller make it over here during the migration? I'm curious what he thinks.

No one in their right mind would take photos of UI screens at NOA with identifiers that would make it that easy for Nintendo to track. I'll believe it when it's presented officially in a manner that doesn't rely on a dark room that could easily mask evidence of forgery.

You can change your user ID whenever you want, so that's not that big of a red flag to me. Still think this is fake though.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
That stuff doesn't seem so implausible on paper, otherwise the fuck have they been doing over there for a year?

Eitherway I need this Direct to happen ASAP

Zero83

Oct 29, 2017
Oslo
Really, really hope this isn't fake. These features and functions are probably coming soon anyway, though I haven't been convinced that Virtual Console will be a thing.

But then again, when was the last time something leaked directly from Nintendo themselves?

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
If you were making a fake, wouldn't you throw in like a GTA V Switch logo or something crazy on the home screen?

LuigiV

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Perth, Australia

posted on /v/, so take it with a gallon of salt

- themes
- cloud storage
- icon sorting
- party chat
- virtual console
- media apps
- system level microphone support
- internet browser

allegedly launches in feb

That's like everything I ever wanted out of a firmware update. No way we get all this at once. Has to be fake.
I want to believe!

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
The list would make too much sense and have too many asked for features for this to be real. This is Nintendo. We may get one out of the above feature.

#teamfake

Kyzer

Oct 25, 2017
It's a work gebronies

Ok Nintendo definitely does controlled leaks now ....

Direct soon?

ForteanMan

Oct 25, 2017
Dongguan, China
While I'd like for this to be real, I just can't imagine it all coming at once as others have said. I remain skeptical, but hopeful. It would be awesome if this turns out to be real.