• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
Hope it's real. This has been really needed!

Edit: Damn. Would have been nice if it was real. :(

Majiebeast

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fake

original.gif

Joqu

Oct 25, 2017
The Waffle Kingdom

Yeah I just read that cloud logo thing. This, the usernames and the youtube logo are pretty suspect I'd say.

But still, I want to believe so badly :(

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017

I guess I don't recall seeing that cloud (I have a few games archived) but yeah if so then nevermind.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
Obvious fake with the YouTube logo and Mario Kart not taking up enough storage. Plus, I don't think Nintendo is stupid enough to include a full web browser due to exploit potential.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah there was no way this was real.

Too good to be true, plus why would the dude not blur out the test name? If it was real Nintendo could've easily traced it and he would have been possibly litigated for breaking NDA.

AkimboChainz

Oct 28, 2017
To those saying games still show up if you delete them, I just deleted a game and it disappeared.

EDIT: I'm a dummy who didn't know what archiving was :P

Nintex

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
For testing it seems you can just throw in whatever Icon you like. Nintendo used the NSMBU one.

hI6fKRL.png

Regarding the cloud/cartridge or empty cartridge icon, that's not really necessary for testing software
switch-eshop-screenshqnptv.png

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
We didn't even need to examine the trees this time.

Yeah there was no way this was real.

Too good to be true, plus why would the dude not blur out the test name? If it was real Nintendo could've easily traced it and he would have been possibly litigated for breaking NDA.

You can change user names at any time.

To those saying games still show up if you delete them, I just deleted a game and it disappeared.

If you archive it rather than delete it it will stay.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
'Archive' a game and the icon stays

For testing it seems you can just throw in whatever Icon you like. Nintendo used the NSMBU one.

hI6fKRL.png

Regarding the cloud/cartridge or empty cartridge icon, that's not really necessary for testing software
switch-eshop-screenshqnptv.png
The video explicitly shows the cartridge icon, it makes no sense to not show the cloud icon if it shows the cartridge one. It can't be one or the other lol.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
It's remarkable that for as detailed as this fake was, it didn't take into account the file sizes

Kaizer

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Shame that it's fake, all of the features in the video should already be standard facets of the Switch.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
A possibility is that this is a debugging unit and the titles are actually dummy titles. Just the icon to add content to the menu.

Just like the multiple noatest account. Also see how both MK8DX and ARMS support the lobby system, but they would need updates to do so.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If nothing else, the video shows us how the Switch UI's simplicity might be maintained while additional features are added.