• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Pirate Junkrat has been leaked through the Brazilian Overwatch Twitter account with a video and everything.

This confirms (though it was obvious since it's an Anniversary thing) that Overwatch's Anniversary Event will make a return this year and will begin on May 22.

So Junkrat gets a skin! Good for him! And it reminds me of Jack Sparrow!

But that's not all. According to the video, if my Brazilian Portuguese to Spanish translation skills are correct:

"Items and Brawls from past seasons are back"

The video also shows multiple skins from past events. So what does this mean? Are we getting the opportunity to get every single item from the past events during Anniversary this year? And past brawls? Is Lucio Ball and Junkenstein's Revenge making a comeback?

UPDATE: Event confirmed!

Last edited:

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A lot of people assumed they'd do this (past items and brawls) last year and for some reason they didn't. I wonder what changed their minds.

Red Alert

Banned
Mar 25, 2018
User Banned (3 days): Drive-by trolling. History of such behaviour.
Kinda nuts people still not bored of this game . it doesnt have any content or desire to play after playing 5-6 months but hey i guess.

Cappa

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda nuts people still not bored of this game . it doesnt have any content or desire to play after playing 5-6 months but hey i guess.

It doesnt have any content in your opinion, but thats far from the truth lol

Its ok to dislike the game, but to say they dont put out any content is pretty silly.

OP
OP
AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

Nov 17, 2017
Utah
A lot of people assumed they'd do this (past items and brawls) last year and for some reason they didn't. I wonder what changed their minds.
One thing I've noticed with Overwatch's dev team is that they say that something can't be done or that it's too late to fix so just grin and deal with it, but then they either do what the fans assumed they would do, or they go above and beyond it.

It's both interesting and frustrating at the same time lol.

packy17

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The funny thing about great games is that their quality keeps on giving in the one department that matters:. FUN.

Eh, I stopped playing when Jeff started messing around with heroes for seemingly no reason other than to satisfy DPS player's complaints. Maybe things have improved somewhat since then, but the impression I got from the team was that they don't really care about making all the heroes as viable as possible so much as they care about pushing a singular, intentionally-crafted meta.

OP
OP
AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I was hoping that this thread wouldn't be derailed by talks about the meta, nerfs and buffs, and whether or not it's still fun to play 5 or 6 months after it's release.....

Oh well. Back to the topic at hand. There was one more leak I think that I'm trying to find. I'll post it when I have the chance.

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
On the one hand, I like how we can get skins from other events, on the other, doesn't that mean it will be even more difficult to obtain the one you want?

stingsabit

Nov 4, 2017
That's good they're making a chance to get all items BUT i've got the game for a year now and now I have everything xD except for last year's anniversary stuff which is coming up anyway so... :P

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Hope past event skins will just be available to be bought with gold or else getting new event skins from boxes is going to be a pain in the ass

Feb 16, 2018
Looks great! Excited to see what else they bring to the table for new skins, still need the Dva skin from last year. Also lol at the guy questioning that people still play this, its a great game and really easy to get back into after breaks from other games.

Oct 27, 2017
They really should've space it, having two back to back is crazy. Hopefully the community pushes back like last year.

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
I got sucked back into Overwatch a few days ago after at least 6 months away. So fun. Moira is a great addition.

And I turn from a mediocre player into a pretty good player every time I pick Lucio.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean I always assumed they would do a yearly thing where you could just buy every single skin in the game, makes too much sense not too.

Deleted member 134

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hope past event skins will just be available to be bought with gold or else getting new event skins from boxes is going to be a pain in the ass
Of course you can. They changed it awhile ago. Well, from last year's anniversary event only. You can only get each event once a year. Makes sense to me and ensures skins stay special.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
I hope someone else gets a neat sentai skin this year.

OP
OP
AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I hope someone else gets a neat sentai skin this year.
For some reason Pink Mercy totally looks like a superhero outfit for me, especially with the sound effects she has.

So Sentai Genji and Pink Mercy plus a couple of other characters could make an awesome hero team!

xabbott

Oct 28, 2017
Florida
This is the one game this generation that I've never stopped playing. I just love the fact that each character has the weapons they will always use, no leveling, no weird progression system. Even the lootboxes don't bother me considering all the characters, maps, and modes that have been added since launch.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
As much as I hate how Blizz influenced other companies with lootboxes, Blizz is still doing this right. I'm shocked I got Mei's Uprising skin days before I was gonna blow the in game money on it.

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
So here are my takeaways from this.

1) I love the "PiRat" skin for Junkrat (I know some do the comparison to Jack Sparrow, but I loved that pun more). That said though, I did spend my credit on getting the Junkrat skin, so I'm happy with that for him.

2) For as "quickly" as this is happening after the Archives event, part of me wonders if OverWatch needs to space their events out just a bit better since they should have known just how soon the anniversary was coming. Hard to say how to organize it all though if it seems like we get a new event every two months about. Still, we'll see what this year's event will bring us.

3) Speaking of, part of me wonders what is meant by: "Items and Brawls from past seasons are back." Is this to say that all skins from all events will be up for grabs? Will other things like Victory poses, Highlight Intros, emotes, voice lines and sprays from other events come into play? And will this mean that they will be thrown into the anniversary boxes too or just credits earned off to the side? That alone is causing me to try and figure out what I'm going to do since I saved up a good amount of credits for this event, and part of me doesn't want to try and spend it all on skins (since I do want to get the dances too). The other thing that would be awesome is if they decided to do something special for everyone and either enable "purchases at a discounted rate" for the time of the anniversary or increased earned credits. Hard to say how they'll do it, but definitely lots of thigns to think of.

Pirate Ana, Torb, Roadhog and now Junkrat. Blizzard she does like Pirates.

Really hope we see we more Pirate skins now so that we can have an Overwatch theme going. Much like how we can put together a Junker team with Junkrat, Roadhog, D.Va in her Junker attire and Wasteland Ana. Heck, it is because of how you could make a feasible Junker team that some believed that the Junkertown Queen would be coming soon.

Junkers vs Pirates. Even though that would be sharing three characters on both sides...

OP
OP
AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

Nov 17, 2017
Utah
What if....they're retiring the events for this year? Summer, Halloween, Winter, etc. and are either replacing them with new events, or are doing something completely different?

They did say that they would not have new events (they used Valentine's Day as an example since people were speculating that Genji and Mercy's Valentine's Day and White Day voice lines were from an upcoming new event) until we had repeated all events at least once. The 2018 Anniversary Event is the last one that hasn't been repeated yet.

Balmung421

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
That's awesome we are so close to the anniversary event. That skin looks amazing

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
What if....they're retiring the events for this year? Summer, Halloween, Winter, etc. and are either replacing them with new events, or are doing something completely different?

They did say that they would not have new events (they used Valentine's Day as an example since people were speculating that Genji and Mercy's Valentine's Day and White Day voice lines were from an upcoming new event) until we had repeated all events at least once. The 2018 Anniversary Event is the last one that hasn't been repeated yet.
I believe some brawls will die. Probably snowball offense and lucioball , best brawls will be kept because no changing a team that's winning tho

OP
OP
AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

Nov 17, 2017
Utah

Finally was confirmed! Plus it looks like we're getting a free weekend too!

OP
OP
AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

Nov 17, 2017
Utah
It looks like someone made another thread about this.

Guess I'll just request a lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.