• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Noble

Oct 27, 2017
According to Aaron Greenberg, the game is not cancelled as some feared today when Amazon Spain cancelled all the game's pre-orders.

Source:

Link and text for those who can't load tweets:
Aaron Greenberg: The team continues to work hard on the game for our fans, you should contact Amazon directly for any questions related to orders with them.

More info regarding the cancellation of pre-orders:

Link
Aaron Greenberg: Team also confirmed this was due to a technical issue on Amazon side and is being addressed. Hope that helps!

Last edited:

Montresor

Oct 27, 2017
People feared it was cancelled? I thought people feared it was delayed... not cancelled.

Oct 25, 2017
UK NW
People thought it was getting cancelled come off it, that would be a terrible decision at this point. At worst I'm expecting a delay into next year.

Rogote

Oct 25, 2017
People writing off people who were suspecting a possible cancellation: let's jus say I never would have thought that they would cancel Scalebound either.

Outrun

Oct 30, 2017
MS.

I cannot handle another 70% rated game.

You need a first party AAA megahit.

I am glad that it is not cancelled.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At this point, Microsoft cancelling anything would be disastrous PR, so Crackdown 3 won't be cancelled, even if it should be (I'm not saying it should be....we know almost nothing about this game).

gordofredito

Banned
Jan 16, 2018
I am fully expecting it to be at E3, but I have no idea why Microsoft wants it made so much. The amount of backlash it got last year (rightfully so, looked ugly as hell) plus the troubled development. (5 years in development or more at this point, right?).. does Microsoft think they'll make their investment back or do we think Crackdown 3 will feature something surprising which is why MS is pushing it so hard?
or is it just to avoid bad PR

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
I though it was delayed to 2019 not cancelled. Good to hear a confirmation tho.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
Even if the game is bad MS cannot cancel this game after Fable and Scalebound. At this point for MS releasing a bad game would be better than canceling lol.

Lord Brady

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Delayed or not, maybe show what it actually is now because I'm personally at the point where I just don't care what happens to the game. And I say that as someone who actually enjoyed CD2.

Kenjovani

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
They cant afford to lose more goodwill and cancel another game. The real news is in whether its delayed or not.

Oh boy the melt downs that will happen if this turns out to be another AA type game with not alot of content or alot of bugs.

Well i look forward to seeing the cloud and mp in action and on display during E3.

MisterR

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'll bet if they hadn't cancelled Scalebound and Fable Legends and taken so much shit for it, they'd have taken this one out back and put it down a long time ago. Now they kind of have to finish it.

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
In all seriousness, do you really think it will be released before another consoles (from either Sony or MS) comes out? It was announced 4 years ago and it seems to be hitting another set back by possibly a year or more (again).

And I agree with above, if they cancelled this, it would be horrific PR for them and would probably have some bad implications on how they truly handle 1st party games.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
This game is going to produce a great Schreier feature down the road.

I still say it's mainly the multiplayer causing delays.

Nov 1, 2017
They can't cancel this game but really at this point if they're delaying it again they should just not show it until it's ready. How many E3s is Crackdown 3 gonna be at?

Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
I won't say that for a long time I haven't heard anything about the game since I really have no interest in the title, but I think it is strange that MS is in a position were they have to say that the game is still coming

Oct 25, 2017
Well maybe now this'll get them to show something? Because we well beyond the years of "wait for e3" for more info crackdown info should be dropping regularly at this point

Apex88

Jan 15, 2018
Jez and Rand Al Thor have been talking about a 2019 delay for a couple of months.