• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
CONTINUATION OF ORIGINAL, ERRONEOUS THREAD

Update 2 : I removed "Super Happy" ending as it is a mistranslation. It's between a "happy" and "super bad" ending.

I'm going to update the thread because the complete lack of journalistic integrity from Siliconera is astounding and this is the last time I'm checking their website.

The translation is that Tabata asked fans in a fan greeting if they want a "Happy" ending or "Super Bad" ending for FF15. He listened to the reactions of 15 fans and while thinking about what would come after [for the future of the game], it seemed like he decided on what to pick from the reactions of fans. He didn't say which. Note the bolded is fuzzy on how his reaction could be interpreted as we only have one source reacting to the fan greeting.

So the takeaway here is : He is thinking about going for one type of ending, but nothing is said about its implementation as a DLC or main campaign ending, nor even why he would think about adding (or replacing) another ending. Keep in mind a lot of comments from under the tweet is positive about going for the "Happy" ending.

_______

Now to Siliconera : have some integrity, please ? If you update an article especially for such a glaring error, make it visible instead of doing stealth edits.

My screen of the article :

rtujghjats2n.png

A screen taken later from Ishiro :

2m3ilqs.jpg

They also added "Super Bad Ending" on the title maybe more than an hour after the article went live. You lost a visitor today. This website is not to be trusted anymore.

Last edited:

NinjaCoachZ

Oct 26, 2017
Also worth noting that Episode Ignis already had an alternate, non-canon optional happy ending for the game. He's talking about the future episodes they've planned out already so most likely we'd get, say a similar bad ending in Episode Ardyn and a good ending in Episode Luna. It seems more like they've already decided on that and they're just winding the fans up to tease them.

Joeyro

Oct 28, 2017
How could the ending be possibly worse? Ardyn somehow surviving and puting the world back in chaos?

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Doubt they are reading, but hell no.

Come up with the constructed and true ending and provide that to everyone. I always hate the good ending/bad ending shit in video games because sometimes it's based on the most obtuse and arbitrary logic ever conceived. Why do I have to collect a hundred of these purple things to see what really happens?

Wein Cruz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man the designers for this game just come off as having no confidence in their own vision.

TheCed

Oct 27, 2017
It's the beginning and middle of the game that i would want to see improved. I don't want 10 endings.

Ishiro

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Lebanon
Yeah, shitty job from that outlet.

The fact that Tabata is mentioning both "bad" and "good" endings clearly means he's only talking about future DLC episodes.

This is also not a poll or a survey Tabata is doing. It's simply a Q&A with fans he met.

diablos991

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Just commit to an ending with a little extra for
comepletionist.

No reason at all to do these polar opposite endings.

Abriael

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Milano - Italy
The translation is that Tabata asked fans in a fan greeting if they want a "Super Happy" ending or "Super Bad" ending for FF15.

Just for the record, if the tweet is accurate he asks about a "happy ending" not a "super-happy ending"

The "super" is only for the bad one.

which makes sense, since the ending we have could be considered a "bad ending" (I don't agree, but some do) so going in both directions, you have happy and super-bad

Also, I would say that the part about him deciding from the reaction of the fans is just speculation on the Twitter user's part. I seriously doubt that he took such an important decision just by consulting a few tens of people at a meet & greet, and if he asked, it's probable that the decision was already taken or at least already being bounced around among developers.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Well since we're doing this again I guess I'll just bring my original thought.

Yes please I want a super happy ending. Especially if it somehow allows
Noctis and Luna to be alive and happy.

No super sad/dark ending please. Unless you decide to make the Omen trailer into an actual "what if" part of the game.

Sagadego17

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Siliconera is a terrible site. rember when the owner hype up the big game only to be a cancelled one. the owner is a joke.

Etain

Oct 25, 2017
I suppose pretending everyone died by the time the sun rose again WOULD count as super bad. But they could also just go with a realistic angle that humanity was so thinned out by those ten years of darkness that there wasn't a sustainable population anymore and died out anyway.

Sounds like we may be going down the "what if" paths though and that's actually pretty interesting.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
I had a lot of problems with FFXV, but ending was pretty solid.

Maybe I'd like to see a happy ending for Ardyn. Not in a sexual way or anything tho.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
first, the title and content of the news;

I guffawed super hard at "or like a really, super bad ending." I'dunno, it's a good question, but it just sounds hysterical to me!

Secondly, yeah, get it together, Siliconera! I know a publication is more then just one editor, but I really hope they address that edit, because that's kind of insulting to people who read the original and ostensibly have to deal with thinking their crazy.

and third, I'm interested in what he chose, but I hope it was good, and from what I said in the other thread, I hope it's a "life after death," kinda more sweet then bitter kind of ending, that's like a hopeful extension to the canon one.

OP
OP
Dreamboum

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Just for the record, if the tweet is accurate he asks about a "happy ending" not a "super-happy ending"

The "super" is only for the bad one.

which makes sense, since the ending we have could be considered a "bad ending" (I don't agree, but some do) so going in both directions, you have happy and super-bad

Also, I would say that the part about him deciding from the reaction of the fans is just speculation on the Twitter user's part. I seriously doubt that he took such an important decision just by consulting a few tens of people at a meet & greet, and if he asked, it's probable that the decision was already taken or at least already being bounced around among developers.

I missed this, thank you. For the rest, I tried to make clear that it isn't a definite answer, and this is what it seemed

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
I swear, every single time I read about FF15 I get more confused (and curious) about the game. I will get the Definitive edition as soon as I can so finally give it a try.

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
Same answer as the last thread.

Give us an alternate beginning. Play through the Insomnia invasion.

OP
OP
Dreamboum

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
I updated the OP to better represent what has been said and what could be taken away from it.

Abriael

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Milano - Italy
Incidentally, about Siliconera. I personally wouldn't classify this as a mistranslation. It's probably just an oversight.

"Happy Ending" and "Superbadending" are literally written in English, just transliterated in Katakana. It's pretty much impossible to get them wrong even if you were using google translate, so it was probably just a distraction.

THE GUY

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Episode Ardyn = Super bad ending.

Episode Luna = Happy ending.

Looking forward to seeing Ardyn kill Noctis, then leave the battle to kill every one of his friends who are barely surviving the monstar onslaught. It would certainly count as super bad for some if the final battles in Episode Ardyn are against Noctis, and then all of Prompto, Gladio, and Ignis. That's what you're left with. Ardyn killing all the bros, because there is only one true bro, and that true bro walks alone. That true bro is DAH ANIMAL BATISTA ARDYN.

TrojanAg

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
So the ending I saw after I beat it over a year ago isn't the real ending?

PshycoNinja

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
Doubt they are reading, but hell no.

Come up with the constructed and true ending and provide that to everyone. I always hate the good ending/bad ending shit in video games because sometimes it's based on the most obtuse and arbitrary logic ever conceived. Why do I have to collect a hundred of these purple things to see what really happens?

They already did. It's the ending of the game.

This innocuous question from Tabata is most assuredly about either expanding on the alt ending of Episode Ignis in DLC (which they've already hinted at in interviews just a few days ago) or making another alt ending in other DLC.

They aren't talking about altering the main games ending.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Glad this was corrected but it doesn't really change the issue at hand: enough. I don't want alternate endings, changes to the ending, changes to the story.

The game should be 100% finished at this point, in terms of its story.

Abriael

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Milano - Italy
So the ending I saw after I beat it over a year ago isn't the real ending?

Nowhere Tabata-san said that the original ending is gonna be removed or altered. IF they're gonna do anything, they're simply gonna add options. That doesn't make the ending you saw any less "real."

Glad this was corrected but it doesn't really change the issue at hand: enough. I don't want alternate endings, changes to the ending, changes to the story.

The game should be 100% finished at this point, in terms of its story.

And you're very free to move on. Those who want more will enjoy the additional content.

OP
OP
Dreamboum

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Incidentally, about Siliconera. I personally wouldn't classify this as a mistranslation. It's probably just an oversight.

"Happy Ending" and "Superbadending" are literally written in English, just transliterated in Katakana. It's pretty much impossible to get them wrong even if you were using google translate, so it was probably just a distraction.

Yeah that's why I took the liberty of putting them in quotes since they're in plain text. I agree it's more of a distraction, but the structure of the sentence in "how about the opposite" was not even there in the original run of the article, which is pretty much what it says in Japanese. It's a strange oversight.