• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

FeliciaFelix

Oct 27, 2017
I'm surprised nobody seems to mention he might have a legit mental illness/personality disorder that's untreated and may have going on for years. And his parents dont come off looking good if he was acting weird as a child and never did anything about it.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised nobody seems to mention he might have a legit mental illness/personality disorder that's untreated and may have going on for years. And his parents dont come off looking good if he was acting weird as a child and never did anything about it.
I did. But it's easier to just call him pathetic or a natural loser, and be done with it.

KingBean

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I did. But it's easier to just call him pathetic or a natural loser, and be done with it.
Yeah. It's a shame that people can only cast judgment without a thought as to why things are the way they are.
If you don't get to the root of a problem then there is no real fix.
Everything on the internet is to quick and reactionary.

All that aside, yeah something is wrong with him. He needs a reality check and a therapist.

FeliciaFelix

Oct 27, 2017
Got some receipts on that or are you just speculating?

Of course I'm speculating but is it unreasonable speculation? Just that fact that mom and dad started an eviction is weird behavior from mom and dad, apart from the man's own exclusive weird behavior. Best Buy lawsuit is weird, but the eviction was also weird. Reasonable people would've worked something out before it got that bad.

Just the fact that mom and dad let this go on so bad that authorities got involved means lots has been going on for awhile. Nothing gets so bad overnight. Nobody wakes up one day and randomly chooses to go to court.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out something toxic was going on. Why are lawsuits the first choice of conflict resolution in the first place among all these people?

There's also precedent that some mental illnesses start showing up around age 18-25.

The first episodes of schizophrenia, bipolar disorder and major depressive disorder tend to appear in the late teens and early 20s. Researchers suspect that people are predisposed to develop these conditions from birth or childhood, but don't exhibit symptoms until they hit a particular phase of development and/or certain stressors.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/health/The_Real_World__Recognizing_Mental_Illness_in_Young_Adults.html

It's not a wild theory to consider that this guy may had his mental condition start sometime in late adolescence and his parents have let the situation stew for some 10 years. In fact he might've gone off the rails as late as 5 years ago. Whatever has happened, his parents dealt with it rather poorly. I dont think a 1000 dollars or even 10000 can do a lot to help the guy if the whole thing is psychological.

Even if the dude isn't crazy at all, he is still a product of their parenting or lack thereof. I mean, they created that man. Whatever defects, he got it from them. It does read to me like washing their hands of a monster they created.

Of course it's all speculation but I dont think its unrealistic.

oneils

Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa Canada
About his child, CPS needs to step in & take his child from him, if his parents won't. He is too unfit to be a father.

And where is the child's mother? If she's around, she needs to get her son from his father.

Where are you getting this from? As far as has been reported, he has no custody. He has supervised visits. it was never really explained if he ever had custody at one point and how or why it got revoked.

mrpoopy

Oct 27, 2017
Why is he doing the dishes in the bathroom? Oh I see Fern is gonna want him to stay around. I never seen somebody so happy to lend a can opener.

Last edited:

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Even if the dude isn't crazy at all, he is still a product of their parenting or lack thereof. I mean, they created that man. Whatever defects, he got it from them. It does read to me like washing their hands of a monster they created.

Unfortunately, regardless of who may have contributed to his broad incompetence, the only person who can do anything to better him is him, and it doesn't look like he's really on that path. It's only been a month though. He probably hasn't hit rock bottom yet.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Of course I'm speculating but is it unreasonable speculation? Just that fact that mom and dad started an eviction is weird behavior from mom and dad, apart from the man's own exclusive weird behavior. Best Buy lawsuit is weird, but the eviction was also weird. Reasonable people would've worked something out before it got that bad.

Just the fact that mom and dad let this go on so bad that authorities got involved means lots has been going on for awhile. Nothing gets so bad overnight. Nobody wakes up one day and randomly chooses to go to court.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out something toxic was going on. Why are lawsuits the first choice of conflict resolution in the first place among all these people?

There's also precedent that some mental illnesses start showing up around age 18-25.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/health/The_Real_World__Recognizing_Mental_Illness_in_Young_Adults.html

It's not a wild theory to consider that this guy may had his mental condition start sometime in late adolescence and his parents have let the situation stew for some 10 years. In fact he might've gone off the rails as late as 5 years ago. Whatever has happened, his parents dealt with it rather poorly. I dont think a 1000 dollars or even 10000 can do a lot to help the guy if the whole thing is psychological.

You've got a real hate-boner for the parents.

Basically, by your logic, it's their fault regardless of why he's an asshat.

FYI, I've known plenty of people who came from good parents and yet were utter shits.

Deleted member 2171

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Of course I'm speculating but is it unreasonable speculation? Just that fact that mom and dad started an eviction is weird behavior from mom and dad, apart from the man's own exclusive weird behavior.

In many cases an eviction is required because laws consider someone a tenant just by being present on a property. Literally, the only legal way to make their house not his legal residence is to file a notice of eviction, otherwise your abode or rental unit is perpetually who is in it. The only other option is a protection order.