• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Credit goes to Twitter user NWPlayer123. I was able to find the same line in the source code myself.
cadence-of-hyrule-source-code.original.jpg

The games' webpage is located here. It still says Spring 2019, but the above change has been noticed.
Obviously, this isn't a proper confirmation, so take this with a grain of salt. Shouldn't be long until we find out.

Credit: Nintendo Life

panama chief

Oct 27, 2017
Never played the original necrodancer, but anything with Zelda tunes has me hype. Hoping for a midnight release.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
This is most likely a placeholder, btw. I looked into it earlier and Dragon Quest S is listed as November 29, Daemon X Machina is August 30. So unless Nintendo is super leaky all of a sudden, it's probably nothing.

2E4cpmn.png

hFzW4Lc.png

PillFencer

Banned
Nov 15, 2018
We could get a Mini/Micro Nintendo Direct then. In 2015 they had one 13 days before e3. It featured Splatoon, Chibi Robo, Mario & Sonic, Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon, Project Treasure, Puzzle Dragons and Bravely Second.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
I feel like this is a game that would drop a release date with a Direct considering it's got a Nintendo property attached to it. I'm thinking that it's gonna be dropped during their E3 Direct, tho.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
that is a thursday......

would be pretty legit, figured this would be an E3 shadow drop like Hollow Knight. technically still spring

PillFencer

Banned
Nov 15, 2018
Why do people think there would be a Direct for this? It'll just be released.
Nintendo may have other things to announce before e3. A Mini/Micro Direct revealing Pikmin 3 Deluxe, Cadence of Hyrule shadowdrop, new Mario Maker 2 info and the Switch Lite (+Maker 2 Bundle) would make sense. Maybe even show Metroid Prime Trilogy HD if it's not delayed to 202X, Tetris 99 updates or more about the Pokémon spinoff that should be announced at the Pokémon business presentation. Then the e3 Direct can focus on Animal Crossing, Astral Chain, Fire Emblem, Link's Awakening, Luigi's Mansion 3, a few big 3rd party titles and some 2020 1st party titles.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Loved CotND (wish it went on sale on the eShop more)

Definitely getting this game on day 1.

OP
OP
AnonymousApple
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Trying not to get excited for it, but it'd be nice to have for my upcoming travel.

Good - I've purposely made clear that this is a "rumour", but you know sites like Nintendo Life have put out headlines implying that it will definitely launch this week, which isn't the right thing to do. I still feel a shadow-drop at E3 is more likely, but like you, it'd be really nice to have it sooner.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
This is most likely a placeholder, btw. I looked into it earlier and Dragon Quest S is listed as November 29, Daemon X Machina is August 30. So unless Nintendo is super leaky all of a sudden, it's probably nothing.

2E4cpmn.png

hFzW4Lc.png
Both of those ARE Fridays, but I don' think Daemon and Astral Chain will release in the same day.

The months could end up being accurate though; I was kinda expect Daemon to be an early August game personally.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe the date for their E3 direct is a fake out and it's going to be shadow dropped in the 30th, where this game will then be shadow dropped.