• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

goonergaz

Nov 18, 2017
lol, going on hols tomorrow and the Mrs who hates flying and doesn't play games has suggested I take the switch...bit last minute but I'm after a couple of cheapish digital games that are simple to pick up and play that we can either play against each other or co-op. Simple, so no Minecraft!

I saw a couple games...the Room reminded her of 7th Guest is it any good? Been a while since we played Worms...is that any good?

Any suggestion greatly appreciated :)

jondgc

Oct 25, 2017
Picross S3, if you like puzzles. Once you get the hang of them they become very addictive and you can complete them together with two joycons.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Snipperclips
Overcooked
Bomberman
Death Squared
Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime
BoxBoy + BoxGirl

The Room is indeed pretty good, although I don't know if it's reasonably priced on Switch (I've played them all on mobile)

Does Diablo have couch co-op?

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Overcooked,
Snipperclips
Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime,
Moon Hunters,
Capcom beat em up collection

bomberman/lego/kirby/yoshi/mario are not exactly cheap so I am not counting them

naib

Oct 25, 2017
ATX
My SO and I have been having a lot of fun with Overcooked 2. There's not many she'll latch onto, but that and and Puyo v Tetris are the only ones that have really been a hit.

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I play 3 with my wife

1) Snipperclips (theres a demo)

2) Deemo (theres a demo)

3) Art of balance (theres a demo) - on sale for $5.99 right now

Did I mention there is a demo for all 3? Highly recommend you at least try that, and see if you two like them

She's also NOT a gamer. But those are simply enough, and to her tastes. Like she plays piano in real life, so she really appreciates Deemo, and you just have to use a couple of buttons or touchscreen. If you each get 1 joy con, you can even make up your own co-cop

Art of balance is simple, you can play cooperatively, take turns, or do vs, very fun and relaxing, easy to play to, just balance some shapes

and snipperclips, its just very funny and a good time.

Last edited:

Solid SOAP

One Winged Slayer
Nov 27, 2017
Worms is an awesome game. No co-op but it's a fun competitive game.

A bit unconventional, but maybe Baba is You? It is a single player game, but it's a puzzle game. You and her could work together to figure out the solutions to puzzles. It will be coop in that sense!

AfropunkNyc

Nov 15, 2017
lol, going on hols tomorrow and the Mrs who hates flying and doesn't play games has suggested I take the switch...bit last minute but I'm after a couple of cheapish digital games that are simple to pick up and play that we can either play against each other or co-op. Simple, so no Minecraft!

I saw a couple games...the Room reminded her of 7th Guest is it any good? Been a while since we played Worms...is that any good?

Any suggestion greatly appreciated :)
Nine parchment is a decent coop game.

El_TigroX

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Rayman Legends - think I just saw it on sale.

Ya'll are crazy recommending some of these games like Snipper Clips and Overcooked for a PLANE ride, where communication is key... all that talking on the plane is tough.

Serule

Oct 25, 2017
Not cheap, but me and the wife play mostly LEGO games and platformers together. We just finished Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze and are now working on New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Ya'll are crazy recommending some of these games like Snipper Clips and Overcooked for a PLANE ride, where communication is key... all that talking on the plane is tough.

...I didn't take the OP's post to imply this was just for use in flight.

Edit: Are you confusing this thread with the "New switch game for 20hr flight" thread?

Deluxury

Dec 3, 2018
BoxBoy and BoxGirl (Cheapest) / Snipperclips (awesome but not exactly cheap).

Beyond this 2 friendly co-op puzzle, there's barely anything else more perfect for 'non-gamer'.

Deleted member 36622

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
They said all the best co-op games already, i add:

Cuphead
Resident Evil Revelations 2
Trine Enchanted Edition
Nine Parchments

Last edited:

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
How long have you been together? Overcooked is a big fecking risk.

I've been playing last week with my wife and son and there is now a small but significant chance she will leave us.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Capcom Beat 'Em Up Bundle

So much fun to be had and it's pretty accessible.