• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The University at Buffalo, New York, Artificial Intelligence Institute, plans on creating an AI by studying brain waves of gamers. This AI is to be used DARPA, the U.S. Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, to train military robots.

For the research, engineers of the University at Buffalo received a funding of $316,000 from DARPA.

Reportedly, the researchers at university are studying the brain waves and eye movements of 25 gamers with "strong gaming experience."

"We're trying to recruit participants who have strong gaming experience," said Souma Chowdhury, one of the lead researchers in the project to Digital Trends.

"Humans can come up with very unique strategies that an AI might not ever learn. A lot of the hype we see in AI are in applications that are relatively deterministic environments. But in terms of contextual reasoning in a real environment to get stuff done? That's still at a nascent stage." said Souma Chowdhury to Digital Trends.

More at: https://fossbytes.com/darpa-is-studying-gamers-brain-waves-to-train-military-robots/

Hasta la vista if old

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Army of robots saying the N and F words while they blame each other for losing.

King Alamat

Nov 22, 2017
Terminators are gonna be charging the field Leroy Jenkins-style while screaming a bunch of racist slurs.

Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
When the games rise

images

Deleted member 11985

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I graduated from UB's computer science department, and I can say you probably don't have to worry too much about this going anywhere.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
this is distressingly close to the premise to Sword Art Online Alicization

which just confirms we're in the worst possible timeline

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
This sounds like one of those things that people attach AI to because it sounds sexy, but will realistically go nowhere at that level of abstraction. AI learning from brainwaves? I don't see how that would even lead to anything usable.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
This sounds like the followup book to Ready Player One, only without the incest

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So basically they're gonna train the military robots to be super toxic, racist and homophobic

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to the AI apocalypse of 2042 where I get shot to death in the street by a robot that does the default dance over my corpse.