• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tacitus

Oct 25, 2017
true GOAT dairy chocolate:
fazerin-sininen-suosi7tuz9.jpg

Damn right.

Opto

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Let me tell you, you don't know the brilliance of chocolate until you've had Blue Bandana. It displays the characteristics of the region's cacao where you can actually taste the tasting notes. Pricey though.

meppi64

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ya'll need some Jesus Côte D'Or Bouchées in your life!

0rj06Iv.jpg

Just make sure it's the regular size, not the small ones as the proportions of chocolate and praliné is a bit off in those ones so it doesn't feel the same in your mouth and effects the taste as well.

MicH

Oct 25, 2017
I really like Marabou and Milka. They're super delicious, especially with Daim or Oreo.

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
Lindt is wayyyy too sweet.

Godiva/Ghira can also be too sweet at times.

Auctopus

Self-requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dairy Milk is a shadow of its former self.

Supermarket chocolate is better now.

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
Wow... I heard this exact same thing when I was down in Bermuda on vacation. This couple basically made us find Cadbury chocolate while we were down there. Said it was the best. I do not eat it, but my friends loved it.

Terra Firma

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow... I heard this exact same thing when I was down in Bermuda on vacation. This couple basically made us find Cadbury chocolate while we were down there. Said it was the best. I do not eat it, but my friends loved it.
Cadbury chocolates can also be had for dirt cheap in the Caribbean. I don't know what currency they use in Bermuda, but when I was down there, you could find a full bar of Cadbury's for the equivalent of 75 cents US and they tasted much better than they do in the US since they were actually made by Cadbury, rather than Hershey. Hershey overloads its chocolates with sugar.

In Canada, our KitKat, Cadbury's, etc. tastes a lot better than the Hershey's produced bootleg versions. I could almost never get tired of eating Canadian KitKats, whereas I can't even stand a single bar of the American version.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"We Americans"

I know it's fun to damn our own culture to oblivion sometimes but seriously, Hawaiian Host is orgasmic.

These threads are always dumb, IMO, as people compare the crap-tier mass produced stuff as if that's the be all and end all that a country produces.
Top-tier chocolates are made all over the world, including in the US.
http://www.internationalchocolateawards.com/2017/10/world-final-winners-2017/

It's reminiscent to me of westerners that compare something like Fairly Odd Parents to One Piece to back up their claim that "Anime is clearly superior to all other forms of animation".

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, down here in Boston we have Taza chocolate. Authentic mill-ground mexican chocolate. Absolutely delicious, and way better than the stuff you find in supermarkets for sure.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My local grocery chain imports a lot of stuff from the UK, so yes... praise be sweets from across the sea

Deleted member 13037

What kind of name is Cadbury for a chocolate??? That's a butler's name.

ascii42

Oct 25, 2017
When is the last time you actually saw someone eating a full-size Hershey bar directly? I only ever encounter them when people are making S'mores or the mini ones in Halloween candy.
I like the cookies and cream bars, but that's white chocolate, not milk chocolate.

Edit: apparently they don't use cocoa butter in them anymore, so they aren't even white chocolate.

Deleted member 1849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cadbury is the fucking worst example. Ever since they were brought by Kraft and started changing their recipes everything has gone to shit.

Lindt, Ritter Sport, and a bunch of others are all better. Even some supermarket own brand (like the mentioned Aldi bars) taste better.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
US chocolate isn't only Hersey's, you know. There's some good stuff here, it just isn't common or mainstream.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bet most of y'all trying to offer fine critique on chocolate chew chocolate when you eat it. smh.

Come over to the west coast and try some Fran's or Dandelion.

Sephiroth503

Oct 26, 2017
Can we all agree that "Quality Street" are the worst tin/box to get as a gift? Celebrations>Heroes>Roses>>>>>>>Quality Street.

Cilla

Oct 29, 2017
Queensland, Australia
Australian Cadbury tasted different to UK Cadbury when I was there last. It's so much better. I guess more similar to Galaxy there. I hate American chocolate that I have tried. Cadbury here has milk as the main ingredient and all of the chocolate I had in the US listed sugar first. Can definitely tell. Also Hershey's tastes like vomit. Ugh.

Glass

Oct 26, 2017
41NcML7HKZL.jpg

UK here , this is the best Cadbury bar out there, everyone needs to try it. Otherwise I'm a Galaxy person.