• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Supervizzle

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Real chocolate

images

You can drink it or eat as a candy.....but you need to come to Mexico ...unless you find it imported. This is great not compared to the milk mix aberration. Pure cocoa , mixed with sugar , cinnamon, nuts...etc
This sounds great. Some of the best chocolate I had was without milk really, and I'm sure lots of chocolates could be better if they just omitted milk. It doesn't really add anything pleasant in my opinion.

Also, Cadbury's, while better than Hersheys, is still kind of trash. Lindt is okay, but wouldn't be my first choice for 'cheap' chocolate bars, in the UK anyway; I'd choose Green & Black over them. Again, just for that price range.

IPSF

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh OP, you couldn't be more wrong.

Maybe five years ago Cadbury was good, but since the Yanks have taken it over it's become absolute shit. Go take a look at the united kingdom Reddit if you want proof, there's a thread roughly once a month.

Polish chocolate is good, if you guys have Aldi and Lidle their own brand stuff is good too, but these days Cadbury's is one step above Hershey's and several thousands of steps below actual chocolate.

poutmeter

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
That have changed the recipe for the cheaper bars but the 850g bars have the original recipe.

This is why I beg everyone to grab me one from the airport whenever possible. It tastes so much different and so much better than the bars you get in stores.

Other than Cadbury, I really like Lindt - especially their Lindor Milk Sticks, so good!

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
After the latest french fries topic, as a Belgian I feared a similar painstroke in the heart opening this topic. But I'm glad it's at least acknowledges by lots of you here Belgian (and Swiss) chocolate trumps all.

Love for Cote d'Or (their black chocolate with big hazelnuts is god tier, and they are a 'supermarket' brand), Neuhaus, Guylian... Faith in Era restored (I'll say it again, that french fries topic was an absolute disgrace)

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Australian Cadbury tasted different to UK Cadbury when I was there last. It's so much better. I guess more similar to Galaxy there. I hate American chocolate that I have tried. Cadbury here has milk as the main ingredient and all of the chocolate I had in the US listed sugar first. Can definitely tell. Also Hershey's tastes like vomit. Ugh.
Australian (and now NZ) Cadbury is garbage, so UK Cadbury must be pretty awful if you thought Aus Cadbury was much better than it.

Here in NZ, Whittaker's is the GOAT but I like Lindt and Guylian too.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
But Cadbury's chocolate, in the UK at least, has tasted like crap for at least 10 years now.

I like fair trade chocolate. I can't remember what it was called, but it has such a nice chocolatey taste.
Edit: it was called Divine.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Real chocolate

images

You can drink it or eat as a candy.....but you need to come to Mexico ...unless you find it imported. This is great not compared to the milk mix aberration. Pure cocoa , mixed with sugar , cinnamon, nuts...etc

Same kind as what this brand sells in the US I think?

XldpLDv.jpg

(If so - or even if not - I love it).

amusix

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Grew up in the SF Bay Area...our home-grown chocolate was Ghirardelli's:
UT5zRSg.jpg

Lived in the LA area for a bit, home of See's:
Xa0yOZV.jpg

Now live in San Diego, and our local chocolate is Chuao:
HBpVl3z.jpg

All three of those are superior to Cadbury's fare. Especially the last one.

IPSF

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
maybe someone pointed this out but cadbury is owned by Kraft who are american...

Maybe that's why the Americans think it's good?

Does this even happen to Chinese or American people where a beloved foodstuff is taken over by foreigners and ruined? As a Brit we just get used to it, but I never thought that bigger countries probably never have it.

Deleted member 1849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Talking of Kraft and Cadbury, let's talk about their better brother:

11336011_0_640x640.jpg

Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure Kraft has changed the recipe here too.

And another fun fact for the Americans on here: Hershey actually restricted sale of all UK made Yorkie bars, Kit kats, Toffee Crisps and Cadbury bars in the US, as they were worried it would show people in the US just how bad their chocolate was.

Yes, even the awful Kraft modified Cadbury bars. That's how bad Hershey chocolate is.

Last edited:

SmashN'Grab

Oct 27, 2017
Valrhona (from France) is lovely chocolate. They do a 64% dark chocolate with orange peel and it is the tits. Beautiful.

American chocolate is pure shite, as you'd expect. They're used to eating shite though, so there.

Pitchfork

Oct 28, 2017
England
Biggest problem since Cadbury sold out is all these ridiculous 'taste sensations' we keep getting shafted with here in the UK

Who the hell eats a choc bar with jelly beans?

Crème eggs taste like shite now too

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
This is why I beg everyone to grab me one from the airport whenever possible. It tastes so much different and so much better than the bars you get in stores.

Other than Cadbury, I really like Lindt - especially their Lindor Milk Sticks, so good!

I buy the Cadburys off Amazon UK

It's cheaper in the long run and put it in the fridge and it will last months.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lindt is my favorite, specifically the sea salt dark chocolate one, but I'd be lying if I said I don't love peanut butter M&Ms.