• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Can this affect how much power Sony or Microsoft put into their release console?

Will Sony and Microsoft lower their specs to make the $399 $499 launch prices?

I know Sony already released some specs... but yeah this is Bullshit and everyone here should not be surprised Trump would eventually fuck with u....if he hasn't already. This ain't shit compared to what others have/will go through because of this piece of shit person.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
I mean I guess I can crack into my backlog. Shit. Thanks to yall who voted for Dolt 45.

Last edited:

Davilmar

Oct 27, 2017
Thank goodness I put together a gaming PC last year with a GTX 2080 and 144 Hz monitor. I should be good for a while, right?

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
First they came for steel, and I did nothing.

Now they come for my game consoles and I gotta say "fuck that shit".

Already against all the other things this administration does what's one more reason to not vote for them next election.

Lyriell

Oct 27, 2017
There is more to life than video games. Assembly could be moves to Thailand, just like sharp etc are doing now.

The world has been sold out for cheap goods. Do we really need $3 tshirts?

Discs are pressed locally, so game prices will remain the same.

I swear you guys get worked up over a hundred or so dollars over 8 years?

Get your priorities right and stop selling out your ideals for easy access to goods.

Dymaxion

Sep 19, 2018
Plenty of affordable 3DS units already in the US. Wonder if Nintendo will keep making software for it while everyone slowly saves up for the Switch revision and next gen consoles... I'm joking! Relax!

Anyway, this trade war with China feels super dumb. I'm no expert on economics, so will anyone clue me in on how this trade conflict should end?

Slaytronic

Jan 29, 2019
yeah but no game discs anymore so we wouldn't pay anything on that so i don't mind paying a bit more on a console considering i mostly play pc anyways

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
People around the world pay way more for this shit for one reason or another, so I wouldn't pout about coughing up more money. But the larger picture is heartbreaking.

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
Expected this since virtually everything people consume is either made in China or has components made from there. Worst part is, this may actually get a not so insignifcant portion of people to finally turn on him, provided his sweet lies and false assurances don't work this time.

Yoshimitsu126

The Fallen
Nov 11, 2017
United States
Trump just shot himself in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about gamergate culture (I'm an expert), but racism AND prices are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in Canada where you can become successful by taxing your countrymen. If you screw gamers over in pricing, you bring 8chan against yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the gamergate public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to vote GOP and Trump for either ballots, nor will they attend any of Trump's rallies. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Trump has alienated his entire market with this move.

Trump, publicly apologize and cancel tariff and trade war with China or you can kiss your presidency goodbye.

data

Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunate that I'm in the US with this going on. Things are about to get expensive

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017

I have no idea how many of my parts were manufactured in China. I think GPUs are mostly built in Taiwan or something right?

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like some Gators were freaking out but then the CryptoSargonian Brainhives chimed in telling them not to worry it just means all consoles will be made in the US now and everyone is back on the Trump train now.

I imagine some people will think, "Oh, this is good, because it just means they build consoles in the USA again!" without having any understanding of how economically impractical that is. The increasing value of ignorance in the USA means pretty soon people are going to assume that cars drive on wishes and dreams, and that Siri is actually a lilttle fairy woman in a box that listens to all your problems.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It's almost like video games were used as a smoke screen for the sake of hating women, minorities, and the LGBT community.

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
Microsoft makes a lot of their consoles in Mexico and Brazil

Not a majority, but a sizable amount

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
He didn't shoot himself in the foot.

"I can stand in the middle of the street and shoot someone and I won't lose any votes."

It's true. Blaming liberals for this is their go to move.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Do it.

Capital G, Gamers deserve it. And I can then justify building a PC over getting the next gen console(s).

Tempy

Oct 25, 2017
You can't shift production that quickly to other countries even if you wanted to. There's a massive amount of stuff made in China. The facilities and expertise is all there. US companies and consumers will be affected.

I'm also worried about the tabletop gaming industry which is also going to get hit hard by these new tariffs.

borat

Banned
Jan 2, 2018
There is more to life than video games. Assembly could be moves to Thailand, just like sharp etc are doing now.

The world has been sold out for cheap goods. Do we really need $3 tshirts?

Discs are pressed locally, so game prices will remain the same.

I swear you guys get worked up over a hundred or so dollars over 8 years?

Get your priorities right and stop selling out your ideals for easy access to goods.

who is selling out their ideals? are you implying this trade war is not just stupid posturing from a failing empire and actually a humane intervention to improve working conditions in china?

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
it would be hilarious watching gators especially YouTube gators still try to support trump if this happened.

Hopefully it doesn't happen ofcourse.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Capital G Gamers won't care that he implements it and it'll only hurt others lol.
Nah they will care but will just vocally blame someone else (liberals, minorities, etc.), I'm thinking specifically some console gaming YouTubers

This idiotic administration is hurting most people already. The potential of rising costs of food or necessities is more concerning. And the people with the least amount of disposable income will probably not be early adopters to the next generation, hopefully, having enough time for tariffs to be removed if ever implemented.

Moral of the story: you supported this idiot, expect to get burn.

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As a Canadian, I'm super curious about whether there is going to be any blowback to our pricing as a result of this, or whether we remain unaffected.
It would be totally unfair for us Canadians to be negatively affected because of the US' dumbass actions but it wouldn't surprise me. American retailers aren't going to want people buying 25% cheaper Canadian consoles instead.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Looks like some Gators were freaking out but then the CryptoSargonian Brainhives chimed in telling them not to worry it just means all consoles will be made in the US now and everyone is back on the Trump train now.

So they bought literally the only thing that could make consoles even more expensive than the tariffs?

These people are dumb as fuck.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
It would be totally unfair for us Canadians to be negatively affected because of the US' dumbass actions but it wouldn't surprise me. American retailers aren't going to want people buying 25% cheaper Canadian consoles instead.

I guess they'll run the numbers. The vast majority of Americans won't have the option of "hop over the border real quick and come back with bilingual packaging." But I don't know if a 25% price hike consoles in American dollars is really going to vastly more expensive than paying for it in Canadian dollars.

Trilobite

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
I would like to invite everyone to bask in the 25% VAT utopia that is your future.

Cheapest PS4 Pro in my market (Europe with 25% VAT): $470
Walmart US price: $382.50

And let me tell you, $470 is cheap where I live, look at Brazil *shudders*.

PS5?: a specualtive $499 + 25% VAT = $623.74

Lol, I can see why seamless backwards compability is a must.

Look at the bright side, less consoles sold means less adverse effects to the global environment.

Trump might actually be up for the Nobel peace price nomination for his efforts to stall global trade and his focus on local manufacturing. Truly a pioneer in reducing global emissions, beautiful and very smart.
"Trump, locally sourced Foot to Mouth economics".