• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

khamakazee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thatta boy Trump, keep appealing to the older well off citizens out there who only care about tax breaks.

Lyriell

Oct 27, 2017
who is selling out their ideals? are you implying this trade war is not just stupid posturing from a failing empire and actually a humane intervention to improve working conditions in china?

I'm suggesting it's about intellectual property and enforcing it.

I am not American and I don't care who is the major super power. But it seems a trade deal would have been done if china had agreed to respect intellectual property and stop shared transfer of tech.

China and America deserve eachother. CEOs selling out their long term for short term profits have brought this on. I am glad to see someone finally draw a line.

AntiMacro

Oct 27, 2017
Alberta
It's kind of hilarious in a very very sad way how obvious it is Trump doesn't understand tariffs at all. He seems to really believe that putting tariffs on goods means China has to cut the US a check...

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The longer this stupid trade war went on the chances of this occuring increased more and more.

Thanks Trump

Yokijirou

Oct 27, 2017
It's kind of hilarious in a very very sad way how obvious it is Trump doesn't understand tariffs at all. He seems to really believe that putting tariffs on goods means China has to cut the US a check...

It's quite bad the misunderstanding of it all. I posted on Facebook during his live event the other day about the farmers and so many people were saying "Yeah China owes us!!!" , "China is going to pay for this" and I'm sitting there like....noooooooooooooo

the lizard

Nov 1, 2017
giphy.gif

Trilobite

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
China isn't a third world country ffs. Enough of this primitivism and racism. They have the second biggest economy in the world and a huge middle class.

Whoa!
How has China reached number two in the world economy rankings?
By disregarding labor laws, keeping wages low and having a barbaric sense of the value of a human life, disregarding any environmental consequences.
Not to mention the concentration camps, looking up hundreds of thousands in re-education camps, or the fact it is a one party ruled state.

China is developing, it is not a developed nation in any sense of the word.
I am not saying that the Chinese have any blame in this, just as little I would blame the Russians for Putin, or Americans for Trump.

Crayolan

Oct 25, 2017
This sucks but I don't think it will turn people who are already Trump supporters. He'll just feed them some lie like "the Chinese are paying for it" and they'll believe him, regardless of the price hikes they're about to be surrounded by.

ShaggsMagoo

Oct 28, 2017
Glad we're all focused on the things that matter

Entertainment is important, sure. But let's not lose sight of TransERAs plight.

You posted this on a thread in the section that is clearly marked "Gaming Forum." Yes transgender protections are important, but don't try to act above everybody else when people are discussing the ramifications on video games in a forum made for the discussion of video games. The EtcetEra forum is right there to discuss the other atrocities of the Trump administration.

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
For people who think it will not affect Canadians, aren't the consoles and games technically imported from the U.S.?

Pachinko

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I see some kind of asinine loophole being employed to have the final product manufactured outside of China but whatever that loophole is will still add to costs which will just end up affecting the end consumer. (build 95% of the components at one of those mega factories in china, ship that to japan and have a factory that basically slaps a sticker on there declaring it Japanese goods before they get shipped to the US, shipping the product through canada or mexico to add packaging or some such to achieve a similar result.... all of these options requiring a pointless final step that costs money.... or they just advertise the product as 499.99 *tarrifs and taxes may be extra depending on region).

Either way though, what purpose does this serve exactly ? the ones who get punished the most will be american consumers... the poorest of whom voted for trump thus enabling this sort of idiocy. The ultimate facepalm isn't even enough.

Apa504

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Guys if you think this is gonna have an impact in trump voters, Im afraid that you are wrong.
First, this news is not been discussed much.
Second, the gators are just saying that gaming companies will just move to USA.

Madao

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Panama
great. just getting more outsiders caught in this shitshow.

it really sucks for everyone who has no power to vote out these shitheads.

PonyStation

Banned
May 24, 2019
Can someone explain the logistics of this? Aren't the consoles made by an American and 2 Japanese companies?

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
You posted this on a thread in the section that is clearly marked "Gaming Forum." Yes transgender protections are important, but don't try to act above everybody else when people are discussing the ramifications on video games in a forum made for the discussion of video games. The EtcetEra forum is right there to discuss the other atrocities of the Trump administration.

That's some great empathy you got there...

Cup O' Tea?

Nov 2, 2017
Doesn't this mean we'll just get crappier consoles next gen? Sony and Microsoft aren't going to hike their prices by 25% so they'll just nerf the hardware.

EDIT: Boogie is a such a stupid cunt.

TheModestGun

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
I wonder if this results in the console manufacturers looking elsewhere for manufacturing or if it's too late to change course.

chrisypoo

Oct 27, 2017
I'm only happy in that it pisses off gamer gators that their Führer betrayed them so.
Yeah this is where I'm at. I'm actually OK with suffering if the idiotic alt right idiots are suffering as a result, it kind of makes it worth it to me lol. That probably makes me petty, but it feels good to see these idiots getting their just dessert.

edryr

Banned
Feb 15, 2018
How has China reached number two in the world economy rankings?
By disregarding labor laws, keeping wages low and having a barbaric sense of the value of a human life, disregarding any environmental consequences.
Not to mention the concentration camps, looking up hundreds of thousands in re-education camps, or the fact it is a one party ruled state.

Thisn thank you ( and don't forget all the shit they are doing in Africa ).
And as much as i hate this orange biggot and his administration, for once i have to say i'm happy with his decisions of attacking China on the economic field. The reality is that commercial relationships between china and the rest of the world are totally unbalanced. China can block or ban foreign services without a warning, and does it without a second thought. Google, Faceboo, twitter have been banned without any other reason than "because", most of foreign websites are blocked. And until trump no one dared to retaliate, being afraid of chine restricting to them their national market.
So yes it might affect for a 100$ our consoles. And it's not even to bring back home the production, it's to retaliate against china. Thumb up for once ( maybe for the first time ) and keep going.
But we'll, they are touching my vidéo game, so crying as much as I can is the way to go...

Last edited:

ShaggsMagoo

Oct 28, 2017
That's some great empathy you got there...

I have plenty of empathy for the plight of transgender people in America. I don't have empathy for people that come in to a discussion about a completely different topic and then use that plight in an effort to act "holier than thou" to others. It would be no different if you went to a fan site for the Colorado Rockies baseball team as they were discussing a game against the Dodgers, and then went "How can you guys care about a baseball game? There are starving kids in Africa!"

Deleted member 11517

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
OK Tom's Hardware says it's 10% currently - since no one wanted / was able to answer my question.....

That's a pretty hefty rise. For sure.

They also say that Trump thinks "China is paying" these tariffs... I'm not sure that's how it works. Or if that's even the point. I think it's to make goods from China specifically more expensive. Which this measure obviously accomplishes. I think he's just not very good at talking (he's god awful in fact lol)

Also he's completely delusional if he thinks this will shift production of high tech goods from China to USA, I just don't see it, it's impossible short term even. And long term, who knows but still highly unlikely.

Cup O' Tea?

Nov 2, 2017
A healthy diet of schadenfreude is the only thing keeping me going through the Trump presidency. I've reached a point where I don't mind how much of a disaster this administration is. Whatever it takes to mobilise voters in 2020.